Steve Coppell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

beightonblade

On yer bike !
Reaction score
Cheap as chips to get the boot.............. replaced by Steve Coppell. :D

Now that is something I certainly wouldn't complain about.

I'm not one of those that is calling for Blackwell to be sacked as I think he's done a great job. If he did get the boot though then I wouldn't be disappointed.

The only spec that makes me think there is an ounce of truth in this rumour is Coppell worked for years at Palace wi no money to spend..... McCabes type of guy.

Hasn't he been very consistent over the years in saying he doesn't want to manage up North?

would feel sorry for Blackwell if it did happen he has had to re structure and sell our best players to balance the books but i think it would be just what we need.

Coppell is liked around football and would attract the right sort of player that Blackwell is failing to get at the minute

Cheap as chips to get the boot.............. replaced by Steve Coppell. :D

Source? Or just a wish so you can see the blades in another stage of transition whilst a new manager adds/removes players and alters the style of play, therefore you have even more to moan about?

Coppell would last about 10 minutes before cracking up.

He isn't a pressure kinda guy.

Coppell would last about 10 minutes before cracking up.

He isn't a pressure kinda guy.

Unfortunately, as much as I rate him as a manager, we'd be constantly waiting for him to walk. The man makes Keegan look as committed to the cause as Dario Gradi. I believe he's also cited lack of money a couple of times for quitting?

If Blackwell does get sacked/walks in the near future I'd like Speed to come in. Failing that someone like Alan Irvine from Preston (would he come?), he seems to have the Warnock knack of getting the best out of average players and seems able to work with a small squad.

would feel sorry for Blackwell if it did happen he has had to re structure and sell our best players to balance the books but i think it would be just what we need.

Coppell is liked around football and would attract the right sort of player that Blackwell is failing to get at the minute

why feel sorry for him? he had a get out of jail free card with his outburst after the PO Final, he knew the score and he stayed. re-profiling? glen little in, richard cresswell in... little good as he has proven to be so far doesnt match the chairmans so-called vision, as for cresswell, whilst im not in the booooo/dont give him a chance camp, i just cant see what he's going to bring to us.

coppell would be a great choice for manager, if only beighton werent bored and mixing it up....

Unfortunately, as much as I rate him as a manager, we'd be constantly waiting for him to walk. The man makes Keegan look as committed to the cause as Dario Gradi

This must be a different Steve Coppell from the one who just completed a 6 year spell at Reading.

for what it is worth, Coppell stated when he left Reading that he was going to have a break from football for a while.

Knowing many Reading fans they all knew it was time for him to go at the end of last season. Truth be told he got a few bargins from his old club Brentford. Apart from that he didnt to much and he could hardly get any decent reading players now as most have flown the nest!

How many times has he walked exactly? Man City? I think everyone knew it was time at Reading too

How many times has he walked exactly? Man City? I think everyone knew it was time at Reading too

Brentford. + He was manager of Crystal Palace about 9000 times, he must have walked at least once? :D

Right, so we get Coppell in. Nearly the entire squad would have to go as the majority wouldn't fit into a, 'FOOTBALLING' squad. The transition period would take what, one season, probably two?? If not 3, who knows. Then what? OMG there'd be f#@kin riots outside BDTBL.

The main problem I have with Coppell is that he's as dull as ditchwater. Lost by loads? Drone, drone, drone. Won in style and scored a hatful? Drone, drone, drone. He couldn't get excited with five zillion volts straight up his bum. We might as well start drinking Night Nurse with Horlicks chasers when Coppell is talking.

The main problem I have with Coppell is that he's as dull as ditchwater. Lost by loads? Drone, drone, drone. Won in style and scored a hatful? Drone, drone, drone. He couldn't get excited with five zillion volts straight up his bum. We might as well start drinking Night Nurse with Horlicks chasers when Coppell is talking.

He makes sornob look the most interesting man in the world. I spoke with him at last seasons home game and a more boring person I doubt it would be possible to meet.

I really don't understand this thread. Why on earth would Blackwell either be sacked or resign?????? Wishing aint going to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom