Stephen Clifton, aka Mouse. Applause on the 2nd minute on Saturday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It was a great idea and even better to pin it so its always there. I made comments on there before and the replies and help were good and welcoming and a few of the posters were brilliant. I'll pick out Carlton Blade on particular as I remember him replying often.

But as time has gone and in the covid threads in particular, a few posters have gotten to be really nasty. I wouldn't tell them the time, never mind open up to them. There's banter and debate, then there's downright nastiness and belittling and patronising.

Fortunately now things are looking good. Good job, good gaffers, wedding to look forward to next year, kids coming on. Hopefully I won't need that thread for a while but I'll have a gander at it and see if anyone needs a chat or owt like that. As I say, this situation happened in my family so I know how it affects people.
Unfortunately there's bellends around.
If you've had use of the thread and benefitted, it's well worth popping your head in now and then. People who've been through it can be most help to those still there.
Makes you realise how many have, and you're not on your own.

There is one - the mental health thread. I've posted on there before when I was struggling a bit during lockdown. The sudden stop to work life and social life and doing things with the kids was a real punch in the stomach for me. I won't lie, it was hard.

Yet when I posted on there, despite the majority of replies being supportive as many others were similar, there were one or two who thought it was some reason to have a dig later on. They know who they are as well. So when folk say 'speak up', that's fine. I agree. But there's always those couple of bell ends that can pray on the vulnerability because they're not suffering.
I've been chatting to a lad on here who has had exactly the same experience as you with this thread - and like yourself, just at a time when additional grief was the last thing he needed.

Can I suggest (as I did to him) that, no matter how long ago it was, these people need calling out before their thoughtlessness leads to tragic consequences. Report these bastards to Foxy and Linz and get them barred - or at least make them think before they post.

It's the downside of social media, that the idiots who post face few consequences, the consequences are felt by the vulnerable - and need to be safe on a mental health thread more than anywhere else.

Report them mate, before they do any serious harm to someone.

Speaking from very close experience, the pain does subside. It comes back on birthdays and Christmas and other such dates, and it comes in waves. Other times you find yourself thinking of them and smiling, almost laughing at times. It's strange. Everyone deals with it differently of course. I'm glad and proud that I knew my cousin as long as I did. And I'm sure Mouse's friends will feel the same.

I'm going before I start crying again
Same for me, he was a great man.

Billy to score on two minutes, huge cheer, how good would that be for Moose

There’s a lot of us that have been down that road in some way or another, just a matter of how far down the road, maybe a look, maybe sadly too far to turn round and come back.

Now matter how low, there’s always someone who will listen and help, funerals are full of people who would have listened but didn’t know and are hurting too now.

There’s an organisation called CALM, if you feel low and want to talk, there are people there for you

or message anyone on here, I’ll bet if it meant saving someone any of us would spare the time, we’ve all got one common interest that get a conversation started

Just can’t agree more with the wonderful messages already posted
Hope you have found peace Mouse
Strength and love to the loved ones left behind in bewilderment….
There but for the grace of God …. and all that..
Really sorry also about your experiences on here Ainsley…..
could say a lot about my version of grief too but don’t want to derail from the focus here
God bless Mouse…..: I try and be kind to others as Lord knows you just might not know what folks are living through and living with…..

There is one - the mental health thread. I've posted on there before when I was struggling a bit during lockdown. The sudden stop to work life and social life and doing things with the kids was a real punch in the stomach for me. I won't lie, it was hard.

Yet when I posted on there, despite the majority of replies being supportive as many others were similar, there were one or two who thought it was some reason to have a dig later on. They know who they are as well. So when folk say 'speak up', that's fine. I agree. But there's always those couple of bell ends that can pray on the vulnerability because they're not suffering.
I didn’t know you had posted on that thread. I trust it has been clear that any differences of opinion I have had with you on this Forum have been just that - differences of opinion. All best wishes.

RIP Mouse.

Been through this twice, it's very tough indeed.

I didn’t know you had posted on that thread. I trust it has been clear that any differences of opinion I have had with you on this Forum have been just that - differences of opinion. All best wishes.
It was a while ago when I was on there. Maybe last May/June when things were getting really tough, as they were for all of us. But I had a 3 year old and a 9 month old. So being away from my own routine of being at work to becoming essentially a full time dad was a big shock. My eldest broke down one day and wanted to see nannan. That broke me in bits. She didn't deserve all this shit, none of us do. It's why I've questioned so much. But even doing that, it doesn't give people any sort of right to dish the abuse out and name calling that has gone on. It's actually quite pathetic that grown men have cute little names for other posters. That called bullying. I've called it out before, only to see the little snide digs appear again as if it's just a bit of a game to them. Words, even on screens, can have consequences. Sadly for the individuals on here, and they know full well who they are, only care about themselves.

Yes, your jousts with myself are just that. Unless I've missed any digs from yourself you're not in the group I mention. You know who they are. And that little group gets more and more outspoken as time goes on. Braver. Push it and push it. Name calling, patronising, the holier than thou stuff. These are grown men who I assume have some education to them. Yet they behave like little playground bullies who, when in a group, think its smart to pick on others. Thing is, I reckon a few of them are like that in real life while some just see this place as somewhere to behave that way because as we know, we're all anonymous online.

RIP Mouse.

If anyone on here needs to talk because they feel in a bad place Samaritans are there 24/7 No is 116123 and it's free.

No one should suffer in silence

It was a while ago when I was on there. Maybe last May/June when things were getting really tough, as they were for all of us. But I had a 3 year old and a 9 month old. So being away from my own routine of being at work to becoming essentially a full time dad was a big shock. My eldest broke down one day and wanted to see nannan. That broke me in bits. She didn't deserve all this shit, none of us do. It's why I've questioned so much. But even doing that, it doesn't give people any sort of right to dish the abuse out and name calling that has gone on. It's actually quite pathetic that grown men have cute little names for other posters. That called bullying. I've called it out before, only to see the little snide digs appear again as if it's just a bit of a game to them. Words, even on screens, can have consequences. Sadly for the individuals on here, and they know full well who they are, only care about themselves.

Yes, your jousts with myself are just that. Unless I've missed any digs from yourself you're not in the group I mention. You know who they are. And that little group gets more and more outspoken as time goes on. Braver. Push it and push it. Name calling, patronising, the holier than thou stuff. These are grown men who I assume have some education to them. Yet they behave like little playground bullies who, when in a group, think its smart to pick on others. Thing is, I reckon a few of them are like that in real life while some just see this place as somewhere to behave that way because as we know, we're all anonymous online.
I knew nothing of that background. A few years back I looked at that thread out of idle curiosity, and was taken aback by the range of stories and the support being offered, as well as the different sides of people’s posts on there compared with what they put on the rest of the Forum. I tried to be supportive to one or two, but to my shame I drifted away from it and haven’t looked at it for a long time.

Stay strong, and enjoy your time with the little ones. If there is one thing I have learned in life it is that one day you’re thinking ‘When will they grow up?’, and what seems like the next day you’re thinking ‘How did they grow up that quickly?’ And remember you’ve got to look after yourself to be able to look after others.

I knew nothing of that background. A few years back I looked at that thread out of idle curiosity, and was taken aback by the range of stories and the support being offered, as well as the different sides of people’s posts on there compared with what they put on the rest of the Forum. I tried to be supportive to one or two, but to my shame I drifted away from it and haven’t looked at it for a long time.

Stay strong, and enjoy your time with the little ones. If there is one thing I have learned in life it is that one day you’re thinking ‘When will they grow up?’, and what seems like the next day you’re thinking ‘How did they grow up that quickly?’ And remember you’ve got to look after yourself to be able to look after others.
Thing is, I've just made a post there where I say you haven't had any personal digs at me like the ones mentioned, yet you somehow deem it OK to join in the belittling and patronising of another poster. So despite not aiming anything of note at me, you've literally just typed similar stuff elsewhere. You say you knew nothing of the background I mentioned as you hadn't seen it which is fine, lots of stuff can go missing amongst posts especially when it's busy.

But despite you seemingly being aware that making comments without knowing the background of that individual can be just as bad, I literally see you taking pot shots at another poster on the covid thread.

Is that thread a magnet for abuse of others just because you disagree? That thread has been rife for bullying for months. Indeed, how it is still there does seem somewhat a mystery. But don't make posts saying what I would deem a pretty adult admission of awareness, or a lack of as you suggest with my background, to then immediately berate another poster.

It's desperately sad that someone like Mouse with a young family should feel life isn't worth living. My heart goes out to his family and friends

Thing is, I've just made a post there where I say you haven't had any personal digs at me like the ones mentioned, yet you somehow deem it OK to join in the belittling and patronising of another poster. So despite not aiming anything of note at me, you've literally just typed similar stuff elsewhere. You say you knew nothing of the background I mentioned as you hadn't seen it which is fine, lots of stuff can go missing amongst posts especially when it's busy.

But despite you seemingly being aware that making comments without knowing the background of that individual can be just as bad, I literally see you taking pot shots at another poster on the covid thread.

Is that thread a magnet for abuse of others just because you disagree? That thread has been rife for bullying for months. Indeed, how it is still there does seem somewhat a mystery. But don't make posts saying what I would deem a pretty adult admission of awareness, or a lack of as you suggest with my background, to then immediately berate another poster.
I have no wish to turn this personal, particularly on this very sad thread. Suffice it to say that I do not agree with your analysis, and that discussion of it would be better on that thread.

I have had my bad times like a lot of people but luckily never been in the awful position to have mental health problems. But I have had 2 friends who have, one who killed himself I will definitely applaud and my heart goes out to his family rip mouse

Tragic when this happens.

Rest in peace, fellow Blade.

Thoughts with your family and loved ones.

Back
Top Bottom