Stefan Scougall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's been a huge breath of fresh air. Before he signed, we were still a bit of a pedestrian outfit - Murphy was the only really with pace, Brandy hadn't really been involved, his addition to the team has complemented Clough's system perfectly.

Some particular plusses:
- our scouting seems to be improving, and in particular is excellent north of the border. Given what an impact he's had for us, I'm amazed we've been able to get him. Peterborough were apparently interested last summer - what an error for them to not get the deal done.
- his touch and acceleration suggest so far that he could be fine in the Championship. He does need to be a bit more decisive in the box, but frankly he looks like he will be in time - his goal on Sunday was superb.
- he's got him secured on a contract till June 2017, which highlights the faith the club had in him
- he doesn't seem easily phased by anything. Instant impact in the Fulham game off the bench, confident on the ball throughout the cup run, and one of the better performers at Wembley.

Gordon Strachan has been the expert summariser on a lot of ITV's FA Cup coverage this season - I'll be amazed if Murphy and Scougall aren't included in the Scotland squad at some point. Particularly when you think people like George Boyd, who was woeful last Sunday, already have a cap.

He's been a huge breath of fresh air. Before he signed, we were still a bit of a pedestrian outfit - Murphy was the only really with pace, Brandy hadn't really been involved, his addition to the team has complemented Clough's system perfectly.

Some particular plusses:
- our scouting seems to be improving, and in particular is excellent north of the border. Given what an impact he's had for us, I'm amazed we've been able to get him. Peterborough were apparently interested last summer - what an error for them to not get the deal done.
- his touch and acceleration suggest so far that he could be fine in the Championship. He does need to be a bit more decisive in the box, but frankly he looks like he will be in time - his goal on Sunday was superb.
- he's got him secured on a contract till June 2017, which highlights the faith the club had in him
- he doesn't seem easily phased by anything. Instant impact in the Fulham game off the bench, confident on the ball throughout the cup run, and one of the better performers at Wembley.

Gordon Strachan has been the expert summariser on a lot of ITV's FA Cup coverage this season - I'll be amazed if Murphy and Scougall aren't included in the Scotland squad at some point. Particularly when you think people like George Boyd, who was woeful last Sunday, already have a cap.
Some very good points loughboro, especially about the scotland quotes ,i mean no disrespect to scotland ,but who have they got in their ranks with the attributes of murph and scouggs ,you make room for those sorts of players

Some very good points loughboro, especially about the scotland quotes ,i mean no disrespect to scotland ,but who have they got in their ranks with the attributes of murph and scouggs ,you make room for those sorts of players
You could probably form a team of uncapped scots capable of beating their current side.The likes of Scougall, Kevin McDonald, Jamie Murphy and Ryan Gauld are yet to be capped at senior level.

Back
Top Bottom