Staying up with 6 Points

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
I reckon all we do now is focus on losing by -1 goal per game in every game except the three teams below us, which we can get a draw in each game. At the current rate, there are plenty of teams conceding a lot of goals so lets just keep our minds on a narrow defeat each game and we can stay up ;)

I reckon all we do now is focus on losing by -1 goal per game in every game except the three teams below us, which we can get a draw in each game. At the current rate, there are plenty of teams conceding a lot of goals so lets just keep our minds on a narrow defeat each game and we can stay up ;)
The other14 league table is alarming and that table counts Toon and Brighton as members

Just write me out the algorithm for this will you.? I want to see how we stay up with 6 points.

If we get a narrow defeat each game we will end the season on 0 points???

Just write me out the algorithm for this will you.? I want to see how we stay up with 6 points.
Goal difference… or has years of alcohol abuse mashed my brain so I can’t do maths at all now

Ideal scenario for me. If we stayed up and I won £1500 on the ‘less than 10 points’ bet it would be a good season.

We’d probably beat the soppy cunts at Man U and Arsenal though so might get more than 6.

Goal difference… or has years of alcohol abuse mashed my brain so I can’t do maths at all now
So three other teams :-

1 Don't win a game
2 Get a worse GD than us.
3 Don't draw more than 6 games
4 Don't sack their manager, and start winning
5 Don't buy a striker or two in January.....

Yeah - sounds plausible that.....

So three other teams :-

1 Don't win a game
2 Get a worse GD than us.
3 Don't draw more than 6 games
4 Don't sack their manager, and start winning
5 Don't buy a striker or two in January.....

Yeah - sounds plausible that.....

Possible then, so there is hope. Currently there are 5 teams now with a worse Goal Difference than us.

So lets not try and beat City next week, 8 x 9 ft defenders, Haber and Osula

And against Everton, looks like we can play the academy lads, based on todays performance

(keep in mind that this entire thread is also tongue in cheek to counter the slashers with some twisted positivity)

Please, please, please, lets not start this again, its well documented.

I didn’t work this one out for myself, its from one of the Stack Exchange sites, but does anyone disagree with this number.

The least number of points a team can acquire and not be relegated is 6.

Four teams lose all their games except when they play each other, which they draw. So these four teams have 6 points each. The three with the worst goal difference are relegated and the team with the best goal difference stays up.

https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/points-required-for-survival.78332/

https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/we-are-safe.78089/

If Brighton beat Luton 4-1 on the first day, how can they both be on 0 points?
It’s an algorithm to work out where you ‘should’ get your 39 points from.

Luton are still zero as they’re expected to lose at Brighton, same with Burnley losing to City.

I’m guessing it thinks if we want to stay up we should beat Palace.

It’s designed to give a ‘clearer’ view as you might get a team in 18th who plays all the top sides first and a team in 13th after 30 games with an awful run in, but as we all know football doesn’t quite work that way.

There's an even better way to stop up. Burnley were bottom after losing to Man City on Friday of weekend 1. They didn't play on Saturday and rose a place to 19th. They didn't play last weekend and rose another place to 18th. They don't play on Friday but Luton do, and if Luton lose Burnley rise another place to 17th, out of the relegation zone.

If we keep on not playing, we'll be top by Christmas! ;)

Top of our zero point league. What a time to be alive

Great news that Luton v Burnley got postponed as it keeps us out of the relegation zone until we smash Everton 0-0 and pull away from the Zeros

IMG_3448.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom