Stagnation needs to end!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Both Coady and Brayford now play regularly at a higher level. You could have saved everyone a lot of time if you'd have just posted this from the start:

Yep, well observed, both do play in the level above. My suggestion is that perhaps with a little more financial backing we could have kept at least one of them in the side. I might be wrong, it's an opinion, you get a few of them on football forums, sort of what keeps the whole thing ticking over.

Yep, well observed, both do play in the level above. My suggestion is that perhaps with a little more financial backing we could have kept at least one of them in the side. I might be wrong, it's an opinion, you get a few of them on football forums, sort of what keeps the whole thing ticking over.
How much financial backing was there, and how much would have been necessary?

Yeah, like the Southampton that spent £1 million on Ricky Lambert when in this league.

Are you on crack or summat. When the fuck are we going to spend that sort of money on a striker? That sort of money is "game changing investment" and there is fuck all sign of us doing any of that malarkey. We just plod on with the bog standard mediocrity on offer and expect a fucking miracle to happen - that's the "Blades Way" don't yer know?

There's no doubt we need a quality striker and they come at a price higher than what we have paid so far under Clough. However Brentford and Rotherham showed you don't need to spend to get up. I think Clough bought too many players this summer, but losing arguably the 3 best players last season forced his hand. I believe this team will come together very quickly and come the end of the season we'll be closer to promotion than last season.

I am not a financial expert but if HRH did pull the plug my guess is that McCabe would transfer the debts back to the club. The debts weren't paid off they were just moved elsewhere off United books..... for now

Why do you think that? There is a contractual agreement in place, HRH can "pull the plug" but he would still be liable.

I am not a financial expert but if HRH did pull the plug my guess is that McCabe would transfer the debts back to the club. The debts weren't paid off they were just moved elsewhere off United books..... for now

where did you find this titb it of mis information , Owlstalk or THE DOOM AND GLOOM BLADES CLUB

Can you produce one shred of evidence

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-mccabe-hands-blades-a-35m-lift-1-6264757

can you produce anything one tenth as believable

He didnt pay anything off ,mccabe supposedly wrote the debts off in return for a promise of staggered investment in accordance with the kevel we are playing at

Apparently it costs millions and millions to cover the day to day running of the club

The investment is certainly staggered.

I personally believe in what Jim tells us. I'd like to believe we've finally turned a corner, results will pick up and we'll reinforce the squad in this loan window and January. The Prince will be back after he's finished his duties in Saudi etc etc. I think now that he is out of the picture, McCabe has got the majority of the power and it shows in that he is being overly prudent with the purse strings, hence the disappointing summer. Whatever.. It'll all come out in the wash, but if it is indeed a load of hot air again, it'll finish me as a supporter of this football club. I'd be gutted

I await the January transfer window with baited breath, and my inhaler at the ready.

He didnt pay anything off ,mccabe supposedly wrote the debts off in return for a promise of staggered investment in accordance with the kevel we are playing at

Apparently it costs millions and millions to cover the day to day running of the club

And if we really believed that we would be even more stupid than McCabe and a series of previous Utd Boards think we are ...
UTB & FTP

We still have 36 games to play, and are far better off than we were this time last season. We need to improve and be more consistent (not waiting till the 85th minute to start playing), but this team hasn't played that much together (injuries and new signings) and we lost our best player in the summer.

As far as I can see we are well placed to build just like Southampton were when they eventually got out of this division.

Regrettably, whilst there is a similarity between the Clubs, Southampton were blessed with more than a sprinkling of good players and a couple of exceptional ones for this level.

We, on the other hand, have a few decent but inconsistent players and quite a few very average Div. 3 players, plus a few who are below average for this level.
Our recruitment in the summer, sadly, appears to have been based on quantity rather than quality, whilst we lost 3 of the best players in Div.3
UTB & FTP

Would £1 million get you a good striker these days?

It would certainly get you a much better one than we have currently got. I hate to be over critical, but our strikers have consistently demonstrated that they couldn't score in a dutch brothel with 20,000 Euros in their wallet !!
UTB & FTP

where did you find this titb it of mis information , Owlstalk or THE DOOM AND GLOOM BLADES CLUB

Can you produce one shred of evidence

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/sheff-utd/sheffield-united-mccabe-hands-blades-a-35m-lift-1-6264757

can you produce anything one tenth as believable
Not a Financial expert........... And I'm guessing. Give you a clue where that tit bit came from. I guess I would list myself under Doom and Gloom, it makes sense after 58 years on the terraces and stands ;)

Our recruitment in the summer, sadly, appears to have been based on quantity rather than quality, whilst we lost 3 of the best players in Div.3
UTB & FTP

bit harsh , we had no control over 2 of the quality players we lost as they werent our and any pro like Maguire wants to go to the prem.
Getting those 3 replaced hasnt happened yet , but its more the dearth of available talent willing to go to league one than us trying to get them

And if we really believed that we would be even more stupid than McCabe and a series of previous Utd Boards think we are ...
UTB & FTP
In game time Higdon and Mcnulty have scored over a goal a game each

bit harsh , we had no control over 2 of the quality players we lost as they werent our and any pro like Maguire wants to go to the prem.
Getting those 3 replaced hasnt happened yet , but its more the dearth of available talent willing to go to league one than us trying to get them
Fuck, I forgot all about Maguire. How has he been getting on at Hull? Has he been playing?

In game time Higdon and Mcnulty have scored over a goal a game each
Yes, it's surprising isn't it ?

Higdon's problems have been fitness and suspension curtailing his time on the pitch. Three of his goals are cup goals I think, we need him to do it in the League but his strike rate is good.

I've given up on him contributing much else outside the box but I'm happy just for him to operate in the box. Our delivery has been erratic but give him the ball and he'll continue to score.

McNulty divides opinion but he doesn't (yet) look like an effective 90 minute player to me.

Two more decent strikers, if true, should give us a more potent overall strikeforce especially if Clough is clever with the substitutiions.

We've become part of the furniture in League One. It went beyond a joke a long time ago.

We're here FOREVER.

As has been pointed out in many other threads for a very long time, our club seems to be standing still while other clubs, apparently in a far worse financial situation seem to leap forward and over the many years I personally have followed the blades, the same things crop up from fans, the blades board showing lack of conviction, not always a lack of financial support but when, it seems to me we really need that finance, it's withheld ie spackman when the board sold fjortoft and Deane when we were in a decent position and a little investment could have paid off hugely with a return to the premiership.
The sale of players when we actually need them is a particular bug bear amongst blades fans like myself going back what, to the 70's and not on the whole reinvesting the money in the squad.
Now the solution, as I see it is simple, actually doing it not so much.
A lot are saying while we are getting 18,000 in the lane week in week out, our board are happy to continue in the same rut with the occasional foray into higher leagues to boost coffers for a season or so, now this is my club and the rest of the fans, never really the owners or other investors/board members so it seems to me the only way to get their attention is to hit them where it hurts all rich people, in the bank balance.
Now I know this solution will in all probability never happen but if all the supporters clubs, all the fans or at least the vast majority chose a game and just didn't turn up, maybe stand outside the ground, a silent protest and almost no fans inside, the board would have to take note, and I'd bet if not before right after a "fans forum" would be set up almost immediately, now I understand this would not be good for the team on the pitch short term, showing the board it's the fans that make a club NOT those at the top, that we the long suffering fans will no longer be lied to, be given excuses to and basically be used as a cash cow for these so called fans, mr McCabe as a fan himself might not like it but would surely understand and being a business man would be able to explain to other "investors" that the free ride is over, the fans want control of their club at least partially back in their hands, not in the hands of anyone that comes along and promises the world the delivers an atlas, no longer will the fans allow players sold from under the managers arse or when the player doesn't actually want to go, but only for the good of the club, only then can this once great club move forward and back where I and many other fans believe it should be.
I love my club, and as this shows I'm willing to put myself forward to be shot down and ridiculed by the minority of people that seem to enjoy that kind of thing.
We as fans need to take back what is rightfully ours, not just at BDTBL but every fan of every club, everywhere, make the boards, agents, players and everyone else that's destroying our clubs understand that we, the fans ARE the clubs and are done letting other people kill our clubs and our game for the sake of their bank balances.

UTB

After 50 years the 2 Kyles did it for me.
I travelled 150 miles (and back later!) to get to the friendly with Chesterfield and then didn't go when the rumoured sales were basically confirmed.
I regretted not going to Chesterfield after I had missed it and the new players I wanted to see.
BECAUSE the money would not have gone to Judas.
It was clear to me then without doubt what Judas was and that there was no other route than to 'starve' him out.
I basically only go to 'cheap' matches of any standard and only buy reduced items.
I can't see why other people cannot see what I know.
But then you haven't all had over 50 years of stupid devotion and the realization that the team and the tax exile asset stripping owner are the pits of this clubs all time existence.
It's the only way and the right thing to do if you really love and want the best for your club.

Back
Top Bottom