Stadium and facilities redevelopment post KMC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That is what I'm talking about. It wouldn't be cheap (thousands not millions) but it would look x1000 times better. the "inner" concrete sections could be replaced with something slightly better than corrugated iron. Maybe in either red or white not both and then, like you said, some proper signage.
I'd have that.

But on a tarpaulin.

So do we now own the land between south stand and kop ? Or has biggest blade still got it ? The club weren’t very specific when saying we now own Bramall Lane.

Scarborough / Kev still owns 2 parcels of land at the Kop end.
One includes the proposed 'Boundary Corner' flats development at the Cherry St side , for which planning permission has been granted.
The other is at the John St side but I don't know it's exact location or whether any plans for it exist.
Given the fractious nature of the relationship , it remains to be seen what "neighbour problems" will occur.
A very unsatisfactory situation , which I am sure the Club would like to resolve by buying the 2 parcels from Kev , but I'm equally sure that Kev will continue to maximize the nuisance he can create for us by hanging onto them.

One includes the proposed 'Boundary Corner' flats development at the Cherry St side , for which planning permission has been granted.
The other is at the John St side but I don't know it's exact location or whether any plans for it exist.
Given the fractious nature of the relationship , it remains to be seen what "neighbour problems" will occur.
A very unsatisfactory situation , which I am sure the Club would like to resolve by buying the 2 parcels from Kev , but I'm equally sure that Kev will continue to maximize the nuisance he can create for us by hanging onto them.

Wait until he loads them up with an old fridge, pissy mattresses and an N reg Chevette on bricks.

It might be the old workshop's just off John Street I believe the club/McCabe own them.
I knew somebody who had a workshop there and they where told to move out about 2-3 years a go by the club.

Find the cladding and painting of the south stand facia a bit tacky tbh.. much prefer to the concrete, much worse things to be getting upset about right now though though ain’t there

See your point but I think the cladding is the lesser of 2 evils.
The original concrete design reminded me of Kelvin Flats in the 70’s when all buildings seemed to be concrete.
Think anything that shows the club colours (red, white and black) surely must be a positive.

See your point but I think the cladding is the lesser of 2 evils.
The original concrete design reminded me of Kelvin Flats in the 70’s when all buildings seemed to be concrete.
Think anything that shows the club colours (red, white and black) surely must be a positive.

See your point about being overly familiar with the site of concrete but for me cladding just reminds me of replikit retail park football stadium bowls.

I’m just a big fan of Concrete brutalism and amongst football stadiums I can’t think of another one? Where as Reading have club colour cladding

Is it just me who finds the south stand fascia just a bit tacky? What with all the 'We are Premier League' banners attached to every edifice, it comes across all a bit 7/11 corner shop 'Bargains Galore!'...
Me too. The one on the Leppings Lane stand. That is just so...... Jack Fulton?

See your point about being overly familiar with the site of concrete but for me cladding just reminds me of replikit retail park football stadium bowls.

I’m just a big fan of Concrete brutalism and amongst football stadiums I can’t think of another one? Where as Reading have club colour cladding
Ahh a le corbusier after my own heart

Cladding beats dreary depressing brutalist concrete every day of the week, corrugated metal is very out of date though visually. Think it could do with taking off and replacing with something newer.

Cladding beats dreary depressing brutalist concrete every day of the week, corrugated metal is very out of date though visually. Think it could do with taking off and replacing with something newer.

Sheets of something flat in red and white but with a murals of great players and moments over the years on that you can see close up.

I know it’s wayyyyy down on the priority list at the minute and I’m just looking for something to moan at, but it’d be a good time to replace the seats on John Street/Corner that have faded and now resemble our away kit.

Or flip it on its head and say that the Away kit is inspired by the seats in the corner, if you're reading this Adidas there is your marketing campaign

1597481856748.png

Or flip it on its head and say that the Away kit is inspired by the seats in the corner, if you're reading this Adidas there is your marketing campaign

View attachment 88623

Let's make the third kit the same as Arsenal's away but with brown streaks and say it's modelled on the Kop bogs (or BLLT sinks after a game against Bolton)

_20200815_155307.JPG

Back
Top Bottom