Squad Trimming or Desperate Money Saving?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
We're sold this cull as squad trimming but given the promised money never appeared in January it seems to me like a desperate attempt to cut costs. We're completely fucked and every week just gets worse. This week, Jose. We're in danger of going down the way things are going.

I'm actually getting to the stage of not giving a shit about this joke of a club. If we went bust, then fuck it. Maybe a new 'AFC' team would wipe away the scourge of the McCabe family who have destroyed our club in terms of performance, reputation and finances.

Everything about the club is rotten, from top to bottom.

A bit of both, the squad's been trimmed but you can't help thinking money had something to do with it. Don't agree with your "If we went bust, fuck it" mindset, the club's in a mess and I hate nigh on everything about the way it's run but I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't care if it went bust, because I definitely would.

Completely agree, how many times have we heard that we need to "cut our cloth accordingly" and other variations of it?

We're sold this cull as squad trimming but given the promised money never appeared in January it seems to me like a desperate attempt to cut costs. We're completely fucked and every week just gets worse. This week, Jose. We're in danger of going down the way things are going.

I'm actually getting to the stage of not giving a shit about this joke of a club. If we went bust, then fuck it. Maybe a new 'AFC' team would wipe away the scourge of the McCabe family who have destroyed our club in terms of performance, reputation and finances.

Everything about the club is rotten, from top to bottom.
Just desparate

Completely agree, how many times have we heard that we need to "cut our cloth accordingly" and other variations of it?

We've been spunking money hand over fist on wages for years...this summer the fans will be able to get what they want with a young, lean and hungry squad, desperate to succeed...

• Banned
A bit of both, the squad's been trimmed but you can't help thinking money had something to do with it. Don't agree with your "If we went bust, fuck it" mindset, the club's in a mess and I hate nigh on everything about the way it's run but I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't care if it went bust, because I definitely would.

We're just a club self-destructing. The desperation is around the fact is that there's nothing to indicate that we'll ever get better. Just a slow slide down the poop shoot. We'll never be anything but heartbroken under the current regime.

• Banned
Just desparate

Perfect single word description. We're imploding and I can;t see a way back. If only Adkin's hot air could power this team we'd be hammering Barcelona. I can;t take much more of this drivel

We're just a club self-destructing. The desperation is around the fact is that there's nothing to indicate that we'll ever get better. Just a slow slide down the poop shoot. We'll never be anything but heartbroken under the current regime.
They'll all have to leave at some point, which is when we'll start seeing success again. It's in our own hands to a certain extent as far as how long it is until that happens is concerned.

All smoke and mirrors - No massive purge of our first team squad, many of the existing squad (soon to be out of contract) will get new contracts and it will be same again next season, OK so we will and must shed players but we WILL keep many plays that we all know who are not good enough now and will still not be good enough next season.

Come on United and prove me wrong!

They'll all have to leave at some point, which is when we'll start seeing success again. It's in our own hands to a certain extent as far as how long it is until that happens is concerned.

I've just listened to 13 minutes of absolute self-help book football management bullshit with 1 minute of actual information. I'm not sure I can take another season of this crap. It's prepared niceties and practised nonsense. None of it means anything. It's utter tripe. He's like the world's worst spin doctor

We've been spunking money hand over fist on wages for years...this summer the fans will be able to get what they want with a young, lean and hungry squad, desperate to succeed...

Hopefully yes, but if we do I can still see the board saying the same thing for years to come!

I've just listened to 13 minutes of absolute self-help book football management bullshit with 1 minute of actual information. I'm not sure I can take another season of this crap. It's prepared niceties and practised nonsense. None of it means anything. It's utter tripe. He's like the world's worst spin doctor
angif-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.gif

Ok so for FFP experts I have a question.

In the NFL if you don't use a percentage of your salary cap you can use it in the next season. If for example we save about 20k per week for 16 weeks this season Saving us £320k, can we put that money into next season?

If you're winning you can listen to anything. I drove back from Doncaster on Saturday and I haven't got a fucking clue what Carvalhal was saying, and everyone loves him.

Ok so for FFP experts I have a question.

In the NFL if you don't use a percentage of your salary cap you can use it in the next season. If for example we save about 20k per week for 16 weeks this season Saving us £320k, can we put that money into next season?

No. Pretty certain of that.

Back
Top Bottom