Spurs 2 United 1 - report/ratings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thought we started well first 15 minutes,and then Spurs started to look threatening,and then Mcatee's chance.
I don't think we can expect us to go toe to toe with the form they have been in,and the low block worked quite well again.
We restricted them to mainly long range,and nearly pulled off a great away win.
I think we will improve,we had changes at the back,players still short of fitness..having said that,we do need to look after the ball a lot better,and show more composure.
Don't think Spurs were all that though..don't think they look top 4 material anyway.

If I could be arsed go go back and freeze frame the 3 key moments of him ‘defending g’ I am thinking of from the first half it would be very damning. He also gave away the ball at one point so lazily and they countered, but because they didn’t score it hasn’t been mentioned. He was poor and slow.

In other games he’s looked ok but yesterday was a shocker
I think Souza has been good apart from the Spurs game (particularly the first half where he had a shocker). He is there to combat the physicality these PL teams seem to have in the middle of the park. We need to get it clicking in midfield and fast though, as they don't seem to be working as a unit.

Surprised we didn't play 5-4-1 after the goal or at least replace Archer with Traore to get some pace and fresh legs out there.

We'd have been far better off signing Doyle for me for less money.
That's presuming that we'd have been able to sign Doyle for less money. Wolves may have an option to buy of ~£4m, but that also coincides entirely with Matheus Nunes going the other way from Wolves to City.

Back
Top Bottom