Solano......

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Robbie

Reaction score
Would be a fantastic signing if you ask me..... let's test the waters :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7451377.stm

West Ham have decided to release veteran winger Nolberto Solano after just one season at Upton Park.

The 33-year-old joined the Hammers in August 2007 from Newcastle, and made 23 league appearances for the club.

Solano has ruled out a return to St James' Park, but the Peruvian is hoping to continue playing in England.

"I am looking for another club. I hope to stay in England for another two years and after that, I will return to Peru," he said.

Solano enjoyed two spells at Newcastle before his family situation forced him to look for a club in London.

"Everybody knows what I feel about Newcastle and those fans, but it would be difficult to ever return there," added Solano, who also had a spell with Aston Villa.

"The reason I was forced to leave Newcastle was because of family reasons, and that situation has not changed."

Does his family situation mean he has to be in London though?

would be a great signing imo, but then again, him and speed if played would lack alot of pace, something i think we need in the championship

nah really would not be happy if we got him, cant honestly see what he would bring to the team that we havent already got

Agreed.

We should take a punt on someone like Watson who is leaving Palace.

Ben Watson would be a good signing, only 22, wicked free kick. think we might have competition though.

Warnock is desparate for him to stay which would be another good reason to sign him !;)

QPR are favourites to snatch him and they probably will with the £££ they have.

Back
Top Bottom