So far so good?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
Ok the close season hasn't been the most exciting but looking at the activity that has taken place would it be fair to say that DW has made some decisions that have pleased most people.

1. Signing young and hopefully eager players.
2. Starting to get rid of the high earners and those who show no appetite to play for us.
3. Making the right noises when it comes to the younger players - including keeping Slew.

I am aware that some of the decisions regarding the more expensive members of our squad are made by the accountants, but even so in the situation we have found ourselves in can we be too critical of DW's actions so far?

1. We've signed 2 players
2. We got rid of only 1 high earner
3. We haven't signed him yet have we?

I Was hoping we'd have shipped some more players out by now, but i think most club chairmen will leave it (unless their hand is forced) til later on, if it saves them a high wage over the next few weeks, especially with regards to ched. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a last-minute deal for somebody at the end of august.

I'll start panicking in a couple of weeks...

I think we need another centre half, a left sided midfielder and a decent striker. Possibly a new keeper as well. The problem is despite the tick rock nonsense, Wilson is fairly hamstrung by the wage bill which restricts player movement. Notwithstanding this, I think the trial of Duke, signings of Francois and a quick winger coming in indicate Wilson has a fairly astute eye for identfying shortcomings. A few more weeks and all being well things will look better.

If you have to sell before you buy then your hands are tied to a large extent. And boy do we need to sell...

Avoid disappointment - lower expectations. :)

i think weve done well in respect of keeping the young lads here upto now-mcguire,lowton,mcfaedzean and most imprtantly jordan slew.To be honest i thought the majority of our starlets would have been sold by now,so im very happy with that.
As far as signings,Duke is a good capture,whom i think will be our no.1 next term as i hope simmo is moved on.Lecinel has come with an ambitiuos appetite,and flynn comes with a potential of being a world beater,so all in all,we cant be that dissapointed.
at the moment anyroad!

I still think we need a new team but that is wishful thinking.

And if he doesn't do well no-one will want him, and he'll either a) sign a new contract or b)more likely stall and leave the next summer with a tribunal setting the fee.

late last night according to The Star:

"But sources at the League One club told The Star that Slew, who rose to prominence when he helped United reach the 2010 FA Youth Cup final, did put pen to paper before boarding the flight to the Mediterranean."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...w_stays_as_wilson_says_right_things_1_3580843

It also states, "We haven’t dotted the ‘i’s or crossed the ‘t’s yet but it seems certain that Jordan is still with us,” one said.

So that tells me that he hasn't signed yet - but has reached a verbal agreement.

Still time for Utd to feck up on this one.

It's wierd that the star say he's put pen to paper but the source actually say's they are still sorting out the little details in the contract.

Edit: Kenilworth already said it.

It's wierd that the star say he's put pen to paper but the source actually say's they are still sorting out the little details in the contract.

Edit: Kenilworth already said it.

Great minds and all that Beechers :thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom