Small and lightweight...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Listen, completely satisfied with the effort ahown tonight. It's head and shoulders over what we have all been watching.... Of course there is a degree of new manager syndrome and naturally it will bring it out of some players, but never the less fair play.

It's been lovely to see players in a positive mindset, looking forwards and trying to attack the game a bit more. Pressing and looking to play in the opposition half a bit more......

I still think we are very small and lightweight though and to an extent I am bashing myself here. Back in the summer as we lined all these younger players up, i was gushing for the future.... But i had blatantly forgotten the here and now!!

Barring Souza, we lack height and physicality in the middle of the park. I mean I love McAtee and Hamer on their own merit, but those two arent winning an aerial midfield battle.....

Up top.... Okay Mcburnie comes back and for what it's worth he can change dimensions and dynamics etc. But we need a bit more height and physicality I feel. A couple of absolute bastards that battle away and offer a threat aerial set piece wise.

Not fussed about winning headers. Yes we want to win them but it’s not make or break.

As long as we are competitive in tackles that’s all we can ask for.

Listen, completely satisfied with the effort ahown tonight. It's head and shoulders over what we have all been watching.... Of course there is a degree of new manager syndrome and naturally it will bring it out of some players, but never the less fair play.

It's been lovely to see players in a positive mindset, looking forwards and trying to attack the game a bit more. Pressing and looking to play in the opposition half a bit more......

I still think we are very small and lightweight though and to an extent I am bashing myself here. Back in the summer as we lined all these younger players up, i was gushing for the future.... But i had blatantly forgotten the here and now!!

Barring Souza, we lack height and physicality in the middle of the park. I mean I love McAtee and Hamer on their own merit, but those two arent winning an aerial midfield battle.....

Up top.... Okay Mcburnie comes back and for what it's worth he can change dimensions and dynamics etc. But we need a bit more height and physicality I feel. A couple of absolute bastards that battle away and offer a threat aerial set piece wise.
Yes, we did get bullied by the bigger boys in the playground tonight.

It’s defensively…every corner VVD was big and strong and ours were bouncing off him and powerless to stop him.

Anel is weak, Robbo a bit too short…Trust doesn’t attack it that well.

And Egan not Making a difference either.

Big beast of a CB needed to defend those for me.

It’s defensively…every corner VVD was big and strong and ours were bouncing off him and powerless to stop him.

This massively.... I dread facing set pieces, because we do lack the height and physicality to defend them. A couple of our boys make me nervous because they panic and grab shirts and limbs. Egan hasn't been great this season, or should I say not his normal best. But we do miss his presence and I agree that a proper CB would be beneficial in Jan.

If you can't win the header then win the 2nd ball instead. I thought we did more of that tonight.

Agree, i think we did win the second ball tonight, but having a bit more presence would no doubt give us a greater share of possession. We do need to focus on getting the ball down and playing, we did that better as a whole tonight, but there will always be aerial duals to be won.... and not only aerial duals but battles to be won in the middle of the park.

McBurnie might be an answer in the final third. When hes winning the ball and holding it up in the final third. It brings the likes of Archer, Mcatee and Hamer into the game.

But for me.... a bit more height and strength. A couple of experienced, big lads would make a difference in games.

Been saying this for ages, Anel is now a bombscare, agree on Robbo (although he was excellant last night) but I do think Trusty has the potential to fill the role - need another, as you say, beast of a CB.

We've needed more height and physicality for a long time now. For a long time now we seem to be the smaller team no matter who we line up against. I don't want us to necessarily be a team of giants ala Stoke City under Pulis, but we should be on a par with who we are up against and have a few smaller uns in in merit because they are decent players.

As far Egan he has been well off the pace for a while now and was even getting bullied at times in the Championship. Even though we brought in Trusty i still think we need another big bugger at the back.

We were crap tonight, I know it's Liverpool but we didn't lay a glove on them.

I can't see CW significantly changing anything.
Thats simply not true. Liverpool were of course the better side. We on the other hand had better chances for Archer and McAtee (pen shout) than we did 4 years ago when we didn’t actually lay a glove on Liverpool and McBurnie kept pinballing off prime VVD.

We were crap tonight, I know it's Liverpool but we didn't lay a glove on them.

I can't see CW significantly changing anything.
Absolutely insane view. Played very well, could’ve scored two/three if archer wasn’t so hesitant to shoot. Plenty of positives to build on from that performance.

I’m not wilders biggest fan, but that performance compared to this season were night and day.

Not fussed about winning headers. Yes we want to win them but it’s not make or break.

As long as we are competitive in tackles that’s all we can ask for.
Your not an out of work defensive coach by any chance ?

Thought it was very much like a lot of our games this season. Only 5 have been very poor
The rest we have been a plucky cup side without the quality needed.

Would help if we tried to head the ball to a colleague instead of heading it anywhere. Granted sometimes there is no choice but it happened a few times last night when we had time on the ball.

At the start of the game I couldn't help noticing that one of the mascots who was a girl of about 10 who was nearly as tall as Archer.

It was like we had a team of children out there by the end of the game. The likes of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi are some of the best to play the game and could barely see over their car steering wheels but if you have a lack of quality like we have, next best bet is to go a bit more Pulis and get some bigger bodies in to at least offer some sort of presence.

Saw Max Lowe about to come on and my initial thought might have been to send Trusty up front for the last 10 minutes to get on the end of something and hook one of the others but clearly not!

Absolutely agree, the team we finished with was reminiscent of cloughs Scottish midget team we had, I think we only finished with Anel who's over 6ft on the pitch:oops:.

The amount of goals we concede in these situations is the reason we are bottom of the league.

Back
Top Bottom