Slaviša has walked?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he has will we get someone decent in to replace him and do it quickly do you reckon?

My guess would be that we piss about with Heckingbottom until February and reduce the chance that we have to put our hands in our pockets in January. Then identify a manager as a 'top candidate', he hasn't got a passport or an NI number or fails the medical or something and we end up with someone we didn't really want.

If he has will we get someone decent in to replace him and do it quickly do you reckon?

My guess would be that we piss about with Heckingbottom until February and reduce the chance that we have to put our hands in our pockets in January. Then identify a manager as a 'top candidate', he hasn't got a passport or an NI number or fails the medical or something and we end up with someone we didn't really want.

I think Hecky did a really good job last season adapting the 3-5-2 system, I would be for giving him the job full time.

Reading a lot comments across the net this morning from supposed Blades on this topic, I just despair.

So stuck in their ways and small minded in football terms.

A manager called Heckingbottom will be like a comfy pair of slippers to them.

And if we stop passing it around and keeping possession that makes the poor souls panic, and gerritforrud moar, just imagine how comfortable and relaxed they'll be.

Seems like people shit stirring again but we will see in a few hours whether he turns up to his press conference. I think he will. Obviously then we will have tweets about "body language" and "hidden meanings" from people who spent the last 2 months claiming they can't understand him.

As a fan who has always lived in Surrey and has no family connections to the city, l have noticed that blades are generally melancholy and almost take a perverted joy in when shit hits the fan, so that they can say told you. Its almost like your secretly want it to turn to shit!

As a fan who has always lived in Surrey and has no family connections to the city, l have noticed that blades are generally melancholy and almost take a perverted joy in when shit hits the fan, so that they can say told you. Its almost like your secretly want it to turn to shit!
Yep that's how it seems at times.

I honestly think some will get more satisfaction from Slav going or failing so they can say they were right all along, than actually us improving and finishing top 10.

The reasons why Slav should go get more ridiculous by the week.

And after some of the comments following the Blackpool game, I'm convinced a few of our fans wouldn't know good football if it was tattooed on 12 inch cock and repeatedly slapped across their face.

I think Hecky did a really good job last season adapting the 3-5-2 system, I would be for giving him the job full time.
I wouldn't disagree, I think we'd be higher up the table this season if he'd been in charge.

What I don't understand if we get rid of Slav is that we rebuilt a club around Wilder and his vision, then he left. As a result we ripped up the 3-5-2 blueprint (admittedly we were shit at it for 18 months so it wasn't failsafe) and went with a manager who we knew we'd need to invest heavily in across a number of transfer windows to adapt to his preferred style. Then we didn't give him enough time or funds in the summer and we've ended up with some hybrid shit approach that has got us to 18th in the table.

If we go down another route with another manager it's now just rinse and repeat until we've had 10 managers in 10 years and are in League 1 again.

At least Heckingbottom is a move back to the formation that the players are used to playing and there's a chance he can motivate them again.

Wallow, Wallow, Wallow

Sheff United's the team to wallow.

8 defeats in 11 games is a good job?

Or won 3 of the last 6 if you want to put another spin on it.

He wouldn't have been my choice, and the cries of "cheap option" would have been deafening, however we would quite easily have been placed in the Top 6 now if he'd been given the job.

We'd have had a different keeper and been playing a back 3 of Davies, Egan and Bash all season. This alone would have got us way more points than we have now.

Your positivity is inspiring !!

Yep that's how it seems at times.

I honestly think some will get more satisfaction from Slav going or failing so they can say they were right all along, than actually us improving and finishing top 10.

The reasons why Slav should go get more ridiculous by the week.

And after some of the comments following the Blackpool game, I'm convinced a few of our fans wouldn't know good football if it was tattooed on 12 inch cock and repeatedly slapped across their face.

Someone this morning posted something very Apt. Can't remember who - but it was along the lines of being happy that someone with name Heckinbottom taking over is akin to them putting on some comfy slippers, such as the safety of having someone who comes from a less impressive background but will employ a more familiar approach - highlights how much some of our fans are stuck in the motions and fearful of change - yet are probably the most vocal when things become monotonous and stale.

Already heard the usual, frankly casual racist stupidity about not being able to understand him, the pining for us to gerrritforward at all costs and the fact he’s trying to change the way we're usually familiar with.

I base my positivity on the club's ability to consistently achieve the worst possible outcome from the best possible situation.
Schadenfreude United

I wouldn't be surprised if he did walk if things don't improve and certain matters regards transfers don't materialise again etc.
Be pretty worrying if he did because it would suggest board again don't see eye to eye with the manager. However lets just see, expect him to be in charge on Saturday.

Be surprised if it's today though, would have thought he would have done so by now over the international break.

Reading a lot comments across the net this morning from supposed Blades on this topic, I just despair.

So stuck in their ways and small minded in football terms.

A manager called Heckingbottom will be like a comfy pair of slippers to them.

And if we stop passing it around and keeping possession that makes the poor souls panic, and gerritforrud moar, just imagine how comfortable and relaxed they'll be.
It’s not binary though is it?

Passing and keeping possession is absolutely spot on as long as:
1. It leads to an outcome that affects the game in a positive way. i.e. it creates something.
2. You are not so poorly structured and exposed that you concede stupid goals. Often late in games to lose points.

There’s a marked difference between passing it around at the back without breaking lines and then having to hoof it up the pitch because you are in danger of getting caught in possession when pressed and having an end result from passing around a team and getting it into areas where players can break through and create something. If all you do is work it out wide and then come back on yourself, rinse and repeat, it is frustrating and dull as dishwater.

You appear to be conflating people’s desire to be entertained and be excited by goal mouth action (what I would call an end result) and the up and at em point of view. Great for you to prefer one style over another but many people like effective football that gets their team results. Winning a game of football makes supporters happy. Football is an escape as well as a tribal thing. Watching your team getting turned over and losing is shite. If you can win football games playing in an attractive style then it’s even better. If you are losing games and throwing away points yet your key take away is, “oooh, look at the pretty passing we can do in our own half and the triangles we make down the wings” but there is no goal mouth action then it’s dull and boring. The guys on the Tufty Club coin is as all foreplay and no penetration. If all you want is a bit of fingering and your happy with that, then knock yourself out.

Likely your response will be it’s a work in progress. It’s a transition, it’s changing old habits to new ones. It’ll take time. I get that.
However, there is very little evidence of progress or learning from mistakes (players and management responsible, here). Yes, that’s my opinion based on what I see. Unless SJ can change the playing staff considerably in January I don’t see anything improving.

But still, whilst we are in this purgatory passage of transition, you have your passing style to fall back on as well as the scorn you liberally dish out on people that may not hold the same elevated view.

You call people, “supposed Blades” and then go on to ridicule them further as though you have the only opinion that matters. You denigrate a highly professional coach by saying it’ll be like a comfy pair of slippers. As if Heckingbottom is a launch and lump it manager. As if he doesn’t want to play football. Is he not the successful U23 coach that is getting the youngsters playing attractive and winning football? Because he is from South Yorkshire he is just as Neanderthal as the baying set of plebs you so clearly despise?

This club is all the better when it is united and everyone is pulling in the same direction - no surprise, there. Is your wish to expunge a large part of our supporters and cleanse the match day experience to only allow like minded people into the ground? Wouldn’t you prefer a rocking and vociferous Bramall Lane, full to the rafters, making it a hostile atmosphere for visiting teams?

Currently, the whole club is dis-jointed, completely dis-united. In disarray, without cohesion or direction or leadership.
If Slav gets it right he may well bring it all together again. You clearly believe he will and I am full on sceptical (because of the challenges he faces, financially, as well as the lack of evidence I have seen that he can structure an effective “team”) but to call all Blades supporters that are not on your bandwagon or wavelength stuck in their ways and small minded (it’s that binary) is far more reflective on you than the rest.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom