Sky pundits to nite...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are becoming media darlings

Who'd have thunk it

We were last season, and the one before to be fair. The PL media train is just catching up and gradually, yes gradually, paying actual attention to how we play instead of relying on lazy sterotypes.

Thankfully the Crookes, Mills & Durhams of this world are being shown up as the frauds that they are. We'll see whether Souness can even be arsed to acknowledge us when we lock horns with Manure on Sunday 24th Nov, on TV no doubt. I won't hold my breath, unless that is, by then the overwhelming weight of opinion is that we are really rather fecking good.

Monday Night Football is by far the best football show out there. Got home last night and watched the pre-match, half time and full time analysis. Couldn't fault a word Carragher and Evra said. Refreshing to see that JC particularly had done some homework. Was also interesting to hear Evra's experience on overlapping centre backs, like he intimated, it must be fun for a player to play that system.

I know its easy to laud pundits when they are saying nice things about us, but the main point for me is that they are now (in the main) talking accurately about us. Thats all we've wanted and are now getting that. Long may it continue (whilst we're any good anyway 🤣 ).

I haven't seen any TV and I just can't believe we are getting praised by the pundits. I thought to a man they all had us down by Xmas and finishing on a lower point tally than Derby ........................ well we are a point higher than their record low tally already.

No, I think you’re getting mixed up between pundits and pig fans

They have been saying we’ll get a lower points tally than Derby ever since we went up to La Liga and they’re still saying it now

Here are some classic lines from the deluded ever since the Messiah arrived:

Pub team
Pub manager
Now in La Liga they won’t know what’s hit em
Momentum and Pashtun only get you so far
Can’t wait for Liverpool and City to stick 7 passed them
Whipping boys
Straight back down
I’d rather Wendy stay in La Liga
Prem not all it’s made up to be
Why is it every team they play always have a shit game?
Wilder will be off soon then they are fked
Why hasn’t Wilder gone yet?
Please someone come in for Wilder

😁

Jamie Carragher was pretty much having a verbal wank about us last night on sky sports.

Its taken time for people and Pundits out side of the club to see what Chris Wilder and Alan Knill have built here at Sheffield United and still takes some getting used to when pundits and others finally see us for what we are and how good we are, still feels uncomfortable when they do as well as you get used to all the negativity easier to cope with and keeps us with a common goal of proving people and Pundits wrong!

Wonder what the experts in Spain,Germany and Italy will be saying about us when we play in Europe, they will never have heard about the city of Sheffield never mind United.starting to get angry already.

Wonder what the experts in Spain,Germany and Italy will be saying about us when we play in Europe, they will never have heard about the city of Sheffield never mind United.starting to get angry already.
I wouldn't be so sure. I was chatting to a taxi driver in Montenegro last week who when I told him where we were from responded 'Ah, Sheffield United!'.
The word's out 😍

Actually brother ( unfortunately) your wrong
Apparently “Dem Pigs 🐷 “ played in Europe sometime last century , and the whole of continental Europe is agog at the master class of footballing skills that were on show
So Sheffield United will have to show them how to play “football “ the Sheff untied way

At beginning of season Sutton was critical of us, last night he was wanking over our defence

Sutton prior to this season had never seen us kick a ball since we were last in the Premier League.

Will 'Roy's View From....' have a translation facility?

I haven't seen any TV and I just can't believe we are getting praised by the pundits. I thought to a man they all had us down by Xmas and finishing on a lower point tally than Derby ........................ well we are a point higher than their record low tally already.
They did, but they change their opinions with the wind. Liverpool were going to walk the league last week, now they've been found out by Ollie closing down their fullbacks.
All of which makes it even more surprising that some of our number seem so keen to gain their approval.
Fuck the lot of them.

look close again at the pen dive he was off his feet before any contact

Correct, right in front of us, however everyone around us thought he had blown for a penalty
Bert immediately shouted "Balderdash, the bounders have got a penalty"... or words to that effect.

Bert immediately shouted "Balderdash, the bounders have got a penalty"... or words to that effect.
Pretty similar to where I was sat but balderdash and bounders were replaced with two other words starting with B

Patrice Evora is great to listen to

Recorded it and watched it on Sky when I got home, and had to keep fast forwarding through Evra's bits. He has that really annoying verbal tick of inserting the word "like" into every sentence, sometimes multiple times. I appreciate he's speaking a second language, but it just grates on me.

They did, but they change their opinions with the wind. Liverpool were going to walk the league last week, now they've been found out by Ollie closing down their fullbacks.
All of which makes it even more surprising that some of our number seem so keen to gain their approval.
Fuck the lot of them.
If only we had not shown them how to close down their full backs first...….

Germany know very well about the city of Sheffield :oops:

I watched it on an American stream. The septics were creaming themselves over our play and Wilder.

Just got in and seen Carragher; very complimentary and knowledgeable. Even admitted we didnt deserve to lose to Liverpool :oops:

The great thing is he was emphatic that we played good proper passing football not upanatem (yes he used my word...). I’m delighted about that but there’ll be fire and fury in S2.

The great thing is he was emphatic that we played good proper passing football not upanatem (yes he used my word...). I’m delighted about that but there’ll be fire and fury in S2.
Yes; also when he compared us to Stoke, he was VERY eager to point out he didnt mean we hoofed and “out-efforted” teams, but rather that we’re becoming a team nobody wants to play against.

a) No Sheffield United fan will be furious that we are playing good passing football. Your imaginary enemy doesn't exist
b) Chris Wilder himself said "We will do what it takes to win. If we need to go long, we will go long. If we can pass it, we will etc..."
c) There are more than two different ways of playing football. Our manager and your new hero agrees

Back
Top Bottom