Sky and our 5:20 Kick off

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Selly

Ask me about Updog...
Reaction score
Given the events of the last few weeks, the last thing we as a club need on Saturday is even more pressure piling on us.

We have done magnificently well in 4 of our last 6 games where Wendy have played before us, taken 2nd, and each time we hit back with a win ourselves.

Nevertheless, a Wednesday win on Saturday would pile the pressure back on us (especially as a point against Steveneage wouldn`t see us re-take 2nd). Whilst you could, in theory insulate teh players from teh Wendy result, you can`t insulate the fans.

So, SUFC, I call on you to tell sky where to shove their TV appearance monay and play the game against Stevenage on Saturday at 3pm.

Don't agree Selly.

I think the team were very likely to be effected by the Ched verdict on Saturday, however Wilson now has a week to get into them and refocus them all. By kick off on Saturday we will know what we have to do, and I think we will respond.

I agree there Bob. I woke up on Saturday still feeling numb at the decision and not afraid to admit it had effected me. God knows what it must've been like for the players.

Feel ok about it now though and hope the players can retain their focus through the week - best thing they could do would be to continue the excellent work they've done all season.

Given the events of the last few weeks, the last thing we as a club need on Saturday is even more pressure piling on us.

We have done magnificently well in 4 of our last 6 games where Wendy have played before us, taken 2nd, and each time we hit back with a win ourselves.

Nevertheless, a Wednesday win on Saturday would pile the pressure back on us (especially as a point against Steveneage wouldn`t see us re-take 2nd). Whilst you could, in theory insulate teh players from teh Wendy result, you can`t insulate the fans.

So, SUFC, I call on you to tell sky where to shove their TV appearance monay and play the game against Stevenage on Saturday at 3pm.

Let's turn our negative energy on the Pigs: Brentford are at home; last home game of the season. A great chance to pile the pressure on Stevenage; everything to play for. The Pigs are a limited bunch of big hoofers. They'll draw at best. Then we have to outplay Stevenage, as we know we can. Come on you cosmic forces!

Negativity OUT. The Blades are going UP!!!!

On another point, why do we always have to have our last match away from home?

On another point, why do we always have to have our last match away from home?
Like we have our first match, and boxing day and easter .......
Piggy preferences in influential places?

If we can't beet Stevenage and Exeter we don't deserve to go up !

Whatever anyone else might do on Saturday, we need two victories to guarantee promotion. Others require slip ups. Well know soon enough.

Whatever anyone else might do on Saturday, we need two victories to guarantee promotion. Others require slip ups. Well know soon enough.
i said it before and ill say it again, we win and it matters not one fart what our "friends" at s6 do.
as for late kick off, i dont see a problem, if we play 6am or 10pm we still need and will get a win.
i agree with pinchy in another thread, wendy WILL NOT win saturday and we WILL and it will be all over.
you heard it hear first remember.
UTB COYRAWW!!!

MunXy

It seems that this season, when we have a bit of breathing space we can't cope with it... Now that we're back down to 1pt gap and potentially we could be 2pts behind the pigs by the time we K.O on sat, we will be up for it.

Discipline, professionalism and an all round, well drilled team performance will do it.

We need a leader out there.Whether it be Cressy, Collins, Doyle, BT or Quinn I don't care, but one if not all of them need to step up and take us through these two last steps.

Blades: Its in our hands, lets not fuck this up.

Draw? I genuinely believe they'll lose on Saturday, leaving us with party invites come 5.20!!

(I woke up in a good mood. I've just got a new car. I'm deluded. Blame what you like :) )

Given our GD a draw does them no favours anyway.

They draw and we win, we are as good as up...

Draw? I genuinely believe they'll lose on Saturday, leaving us with party invites come 5.20!!

(I woke up in a good mood. I've just got a new car. I'm deluded. Blame what you like :) )
Aptly named Crazyblade - a man after my own heart...good mood due to new [whatever]; I'm as deluded as the best of us, bollox to it - BRING 5.20pm ON! :confused::cool:

UTB!

Back
Top Bottom