Skipper backs the Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fiery Blade

Reaction score
Am I on my own in thinking that:
I don't give a toss what Richard Cresswell thinks says or does unless its on the field of play !
I'm fed up of those overpaid undertalented so called players coming out with 'bad luck' 'injuries' and 'not happening on the field !!!
All year Cresswell has been next door to useless and trying even less I'm more interested in how he has the gall to collect his pay cheque month in month out after strolling around the park contributing buggar all!!!
Not just getting at Cresswell, they're all as bad !
Listen guys I do not want to read or hear how much bad luck, how many injuries etc etc etc just go out and perform like professionals - After all that is your Job Description :mad::mad::mad::mad:

There are a few comments in the press from Cresswell I have seen. Maybe it's because he is the latest one to wear the armband or maybe he believes that sticking up for MA in the press will ensure he keeps getting into the starting 11 every game.
Who knows?

Am I on my own in thinking that:
I don't give a toss what Richard Cresswell thinks says or does unless its on the field of play !
I'm fed up of those overpaid undertalented so called players coming out with 'bad luck' 'injuries' and 'not happening on the field !!!
All year Cresswell has been next door to useless and trying even less I'm more interested in how he has the gall to collect his pay cheque month in month out after strolling around the park contributing buggar all!!!
Not just getting at Cresswell, they're all as bad !
Listen guys I do not want to read or hear how much bad luck, how many injuries etc etc etc just go out and perform like professionals - After all that is your Job Description :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I can see your point Fiery, personally I don't think that Cresswell should be captain, i've always thought strikers/ wingers make crap captains.

I suppose Cresswell just answered the questions that he was asked.

As for Injuries and Suspensions, he has a point, we've not a had a settled side in 2 seasons, but we're not the only team with an injury crisis, Donny have the same (in fact theirs is worse).

You do have to look at the reasons for the demise to understand how to fix it, but I'd rather hear/ read about how its getting fixed than the usual "this is why..."

Injuries can't really be helped, but we have to deal with them
Suspensions and crap discipline come down to being in the wrong position to make the mistake, which ultimately comes down to keeping shape, keeping formation, players doing their jobs.

I can see your point Fiery, personally I don't think that Cresswell should be captain, i've always thought strikers/ wingers make crap captains.

I suppose Cresswell just answered the questions that he was asked.

As for Injuries and Suspensions, he has a point, we've not a had a settled side in 2 seasons, but we're not the only team with an injury crisis, Donny have the same (in fact theirs is worse).

You do have to look at the reasons for the demise to understand how to fix it, but I'd rather hear/ read about how its getting fixed than the usual "this is why..."

Injuries can't really be helped, but we have to deal with them
Suspensions and crap discipline come down to being in the wrong position to make the mistake, which ultimately comes down to keeping shape, keeping formation, players doing their jobs.

Yes indeed, and I tell you what, they were a credit to themselves the way they played against Norwich on Tuesday, despite trying to get it called off they played and got on with it, rubbish game of football but they just got on with the job in hand, and got what they deserved in the end, I hate to imagine how we would have been to be perfectly honest!

Dont see why Cresswell was made captain as I dont see any leadership qualities in him, ignoring his form. However, what does it say about us and the decision making process that a player who is having pain killing injections for a long standing injury is the best we can offer as captain!

Creswell shouldn't be captain because he shouldn't be getting a game. If I thought it made any difference to our plight I'd be annoyed at a shameful act of butt munching for the sake of a place in the team. But it doesn't, so I'm not.

UTB

Cresswell shouldn't be United's captain ever; his family are staunch Wednesdayites. Particularly Granny Cresswell.

(...) Cresswell has been next door to useless and trying even less (...) strolling around the park contributing buggar all!!!

I've always thought his work rate has been decent and his goal against Scunthorpe was the result of determined closing down of the goalkeeper. In the summer he apparantly beat Monty in fitness tests, thus being the fittest player at the club. I've not seen many games this season though. Has he changed?

I was worried that there was a chance his goals would dry up, like they did for him at Stoke, and thought we were mad to renew his contract in the summer. I didn't think there was enough about his game to warrant a starting place if he wasn't chipping in with a good amount of goals. But if his work rate has gone too, I'm a bit surprised.

I don't agree about his workrate. I think it's fine. He's just an average player who's past his best.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom