Should Paddy...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

kivoblade

Reaction score
get a new contract ,as the saying goes ,you dont know what you've got tiil it's gone.

There's the odd smidgen of a rumour, that he's to be signing one shortly.

in my opinion the reason the FA came down so hard on him had alot to do with the tevez thing i think the board should stick by him ,top keeper.

If he does sign somebody should persuade the coughing pillock to take a massive wage cut to repay the club, who stood by him when others could easily have got rid.

Surely he's worth giving a new contract! On less money obviously....but still...he's been an excellent servant to our club and is still one of the better keepers in the division. Luckily he'll still have a month or two with us before it actually expires so we'll see how its hit him...

Renew he is a decent enough keeper I mean its not often he drops a clanger like Bennett and Bunn.

If he is about to agree a new deal (which is the very strong rumor doing the rounds) then it means that he has agreed to fit into the new wage structure for next season.
Therefore he has given some ground, quite rightly, and the club have also shown him that he is wanted.

A good result all round.

Bennett has performed excellently in all but maybe two of the games he has played for us. Bunn wasn't at fault for many goals either. But neither are a a talisman like Paddy, who inspires the team by his mere presence.

get him signed up quick.. but sure mccabe will, save him cash getting another keeper

Bunn wasn't at fault for many goals either

!!!!!!!!

Sutcliffe wasn't all that bad was he?

get a new contract ,as the saying goes ,you dont know what you've got tiil it's gone.

Yes. Players such as Marlon King don't deserve a penny out of our club for what they've done but this doesn't extend to mistakes like Paddy's. He's been a plonker but if he's willing to keep himself fit and accept a reduced wage for the risk and loyalty we're showing then I think he would have a two or three years left in him as a good goalkeeper.

Shouldn't automatically go in as number one though.

I hope that one good thing that might come out of this entire fiasco - and it's only a very small consolation - that a few people will now have come to appreciate that Paddy is not as bad as they thought he was, and how incredibly lucky we've been to have a 20 year period with one of 3 top class keepers as our first choice.

Shouldn't automatically go in as number one though.

If Bunn and a 37 year old Bennett are his only competition, he damn well better be first choice - when fit of course.

Give him a new contract he`s a fool but he`s our fool, and better than we have and as good if not better than the best in this league.

Who's to say that he'll want to stay? Blades better beware they may already be other clubs waiting to pounce.
I would love him to stay. To think that we're crying out for our longest servants to be back
(Monty + Paddy) - the grass isnt always greener.

I think as well as getting Paddy to sign (which I think he will after the club has backed him), we need to be looking at a good young keeper to bring through.
The lad at Huddesfield keeps getting mentioned but I would think we might of waited too long.

He told us that the said cards/leaflets were simply left; as he put it, “people don’t read them”. He opined that the players seemed more interested because (as he put it) a “woman turned up”.

Quote of Paddy Kenny.. :D

:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom