Should our B team play in the EFL?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

silver blade

Reaction score
The introduction of premier league under 21 sides to the EFL Trophy in 2016 is seen by some as the first step towards the introduction of reserve teams to the league structure. Could we see a Blades reserve team play the pigs first team sometime in the future? Maybe in league 2?

hopefully never. lets never forget where we come from. who would we have rather played in L1 Fleetwood or Tottenham B. i know which one
It's just another way for the rich to get richer.
It has to be avoided at all costs.
It would also destroy the pyramid as we know it just like the 5 subs ! It stinks of elitism!

I was thinking along the same lines, but also thinking that currently we haven't got an A team never mind a B team!
Yeah we’re bottom of the league, have 1 shot per game, not that great in defence anymore, awful set of fixtures coming up and we’re discussing the merits of sticking a B team in League 2 to play the pigs 😂

What would happen if the B team overtook the A team

hopefully never. lets never forget where we come from. who would we have rather played in L1 Fleetwood or Tottenham B. i know which one

Me too, I particularly like the small stand down one side, which has been built directly in front of the even smaller one behind it, without the old one being demolished. That’s a design feature Spurs didn’t use in their revamp of White Hart Lane.

Plus, given a choice between a pre-match pint with Jim Chimmerney in the Strawberry Garden (a pub, not a soft fruit pick your own) or a plate of Reblechon and Bleu d’Auvergne in the fromagerie at WHL, no contest for me 🙂

As an aside, one of the things that’s made the last few years particularly enjoyable is the depressing (football wise) seasons before, with Bury away where DCL was subbed at half time a particular lowlight.

Just have a tie up with one of the lower league local clubs and send them several youngsters that you want to blood. If they don’t make the level we need then they can join them, or you can sell them or bring them back. What you can’t do it make tonnes of money out of them, you have to see it as a mutually beneficial agreement.
With our local area, you’ve got options at pretty much every league under PL.

Summat else sky etc will what to pick up. more expense.not a good idea.

The sooner the top six FUCK OFF to their European league and take their fucking VAR and their 9 subs and their B teams with them and give us our fucking game back the better.

i hope they do because ive always thought there a big flaw in there European super league because they are all focused on the money & they all think they will challenge for the title but 16 into 4 doesnt go. because when you have Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, B Munich, Dortmund, PSG, Lyon, R Madrid, Barca, A Madrid, Juventus, AC & Inter Milan. someone going to come 12th. these massive clubs wont be happy finishing mid table

Can you imagine our B side hammering Wednesday though? How magnificent would that be?

Absolutely, categorically no. I would be appalled if we did that and I doubt Wilder would allow it.

Definitely not. I think it’s just arrogance to suggest that the clubs in those leagues hold no importance. A club like Rochdale aren’t, or never have been a big club; but they’re important to the local community and should be treated with the respect trust they deserve.

I don't like the way football has gone with these technical enhancements. Give me a Russian linesman anyday.

They scrapped the reserve league which I found bizarre at the time. Prem reserves versus Prem reserve would make sense as they’re are generally of the same standard.

With all the International injuries and Covid isolations, the B team will be playing against Fulham!

Fuck no. Fuck B teams.

Can't wait to get in the boozer to get excited about our non-promotion decider (because we aren't allowed to go up due to financial grading) against Chelsea B. Although 4 of our lads can't play because they are on loan from Chelsea A.

Utter bollocks. Fuck off

Back
Top Bottom