Should Have Sacked Hecky Weeks Ago

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BettingBlade

Reaction score
Tonight confirms it. More fight, more passion, more intensity, more attacking intent than anything we’ve seen all season.

Every single player has had their best game of the season tonight. For weeks people have said that we should be getting more out of this group. Unbelievable how much of the season we have already wasted.

Wilder might still keep us up. At the very least he will have a go at it which is far more than so many were happy to accept under Heckingbottom.

Tonight confirms it. More fight, more passion, more intensity, more attacking intent than anything we’ve seen all season.

Every single player has had their best game of the season tonight. For weeks people have said that we should be getting more out of this group. Unbelievable how much of the season we have already wasted.

Wilder might still keep us up. At the very least he will have a go at it which is far more than so many were happy to accept under Heckingbottom.
Yes!

Tbf the same happened when Hecky took over from Wilder & Slav. Sometime things become stale and need changing, it doesn't always mean the manager is bad.

Really happy to see us out in a performance like that though and it's so good to see Wilder back

I don't think PH is a bad manager. Neither do I think he's a particularly good one either. He did well but wasn't up to the standard and mistakes were made. But back to the original point. He seemed to have lost his Mojo (maybe he was just ground down by the shenanigans going off upstairs in the board room) and he was flat and he couldn't motivate the players any more. I gave him the benefit the doubt after the Newcastle shambles mainly because of mitigating circumstances (we know what they were). But I thought it was time for him to go after we lost at Fulham. That for me was the writing on the wall time and we have lost valuable time whilst we have tried to give him more time. It was never going to be turned around by Hecky. I just hope we still have a squeak of a chance and we can start picking points up soon.

Tbf the same happened when Hecky took over from Wilder & Slav. Sometime things become stale and need changing, it doesn't always mean the manager is bad.

Really happy to see us out in a performance like that though and it's so good to see Wilder back
A 0-5 loss I believe and a few end of season wins against teams on their holidays

I don't think PH is a bad manager. Neither do I think he's a particularly good one either. He did well but wasn't up to the standard and mistakes were made. But back to the original point. He seemed to have lost his Mojo (maybe he was just ground down by the shenanigans going off upstairs in the board room) and he was flat and he couldn't motivate the players any more. I gave him the benefit the doubt after the Newcastle shambles mainly because of mitigating circumstances (we know what they were). But I thought it was time for him to go after we lost at Fulham. That for me was the writing on the wall time and we have lost valuable time whilst we have tried to give him more time. It was never going to be turned around by Hecky. I just hope we still have a squeak of a chance and we can start picking points up soon.
It may have highlighted the difference between a good coach and a manager

Yeah but Pep couldn’t get these players playing better. Not a manager in the world could get a tune out of these players blah blah blah…..

We’ve already seen big improvements and Wilders only been in the door 2 days..

Should have gone after Newcastle. As ive already said the Prince has simply not been bullish enough to do what was required.

When all the rumours were doing the rounds about CW being sounded out about a return. Why did he hesitate? This could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. But at least we have a fighting chance now. When prior to today we were lucky to break double figures.

I think we have zero confidence in our play. Wilder cannot work on it that much. Tomorrow I imagine is a rest day then it’s back to tactics no time to work on anything.

We need an international break

Yeah but Pep couldn’t get these players playing better. Not a manager in the world could get a tune out of these players blah blah blah…..

We’ve already seen big improvements and Wilders only been in the door 2 days..

The men I sit with on the Kop were all saying the same.
A noticeable improvement, we looked like "a team", amazing stuff really, Bodes well for the future.

Why did he hesitate? This could come back to haunt us at the end of the season. But at least we have a fighting chance now. When prior to today we were lucky to break double figures.
The Prince is aware of fan opinion and didn't want to bring in Wilder if there was a danger he would never be accepted.

He used an old tactic that the government use.
You leak an idea to the media to test how popular or unpopular it was...then you can gradually wear them down.
After the Newcastle we have vote on here and over 90% of our fans wanted to stick with Hecky because he was a good guy.

Then the Wilder rumour again received a fresh round of media attention and this time the fanbase was split 50/50.
The Prince still stayed loyal to Hecky, which he deserved due to getting us promoted.

However the real rumblings of fan discontent stared after being totally outclassed by lowly Bournmouth
This was followed up by being outclassed by bottom of the league Burnley, this time even most of the Hecky loyalists had had enough.
Many still didn't want Wilder but were now so desperate they were prepared to accept anyone.

How many members and readers did you poll?
My ears work fine. You saw his reception before during and after the game.

I looked on here and it was 20% for Wilder to replace Hecky from the sample size we have here.

But the noise today for him shows it wasn’t 20%.

I looked on here and it was 20% for Wilder to replace Hecky from the sample size we have here.

And how much of that was "thank fuck it's not Hecky?" Would the reaction have been better for someone completely external?

My point being, there’s far more members than will have voted in polls/commented on posts, and some who did - even against - will have backed vocally tonight too…

You were also hardly going to get and alternative view shouting them down unless we got to a cricket score :)

It's almost like a manager with an ounce of passion was woken some of the players up

Pleasing performance, just a real irritation to concede an unnecessary 2nd

Absolutely agree, Fulham away was the pivot point and could be the difference between survival in the EPL or not. This team would have beaten Burnley, at least 3 more points... a bit like Boris and lockdown, missed the key pivot point.

Win lose or draw, the immediate reaction of fans, is understandable, but still much too quick to praise or grumble.

Support the team and the manager by all means, but be realistic and learn some patience. Two days in the job and one home fixture does not represent a turnaround in form.

Positive signs are helpful, but not yet convincing.

Win lose or draw, the immediate reaction of fans, is understandable, but still much too quick to praise or grumble.

Support the team and the manager by all means, but be realistic and learn some patience. Two days in the job and one home fixture does not represent a turnaround in form.

Positive signs are helpful, but not yet convincing.
Absolutely. Positive signs without the ball, but with the ball we were still way off it.

Brentford press harder than Liverpool so would imagine we'll see much of the same on Saturday in terms of hot potato! My only hope is we stick with Osula and not replace him with McPub...

Absolutely. Positive signs without the ball, but with the ball we were still way off it.

Brentford press harder than Liverpool so would imagine we'll see much of the same on Saturday in terms of hot potato! My only hope is we stick with Osula and not replace him with McPub...

As McBurnie is still suspended, that seems like a safe enough call

Back
Top Bottom