Shirt numbers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BeatleBlade

Reaction score
Nice to see the Blades playing in red and white again but I could barely see who was who because the of the stripes on the back of the shirt. I know most people prefer stripes on the back of the shirt but I always felt that plain red made distinguishing the players much easier, especially at the start of a new season when you're trying to get used to all these new names. Nice kit though.
Anyone else have the same problem?

Nice to see the Blades playing in red and white again but I could barely see who was who because the of the stripes on the back of the shirt. I know most people prefer stripes on the back of the shirt but I always felt that plain red made distinguishing the players much easier, especially at the start of a new season when you're trying to get used to all these new names. Nice kit though.

Yes mate, I have the same problem.
I was trying for ages to identify one particular player, and in the end had to ask a bloke next to me.
Turned out to be Scougall.

In line with its new visual identity, the English Football League introduced a new font for player names and numbers, as well as redesigned sleeve patches for the upcoming season.
A more modern approach, the new Football League name and numbers font comes without an outline, unlike its predecessor and the font used in the Premier League. The EFL logo is present at the bottom of the numbers, while Prostate Cancer UK logo remains at the top. In line with the new English Football League branding, a line of dots runs through the numbers.

In line with its new visual identity, the English Football League introduced a new font for player names and numbers, as well as redesigned sleeve patches for the upcoming season.
A more modern approach, the new Football League name and numbers font comes without an outline, unlike its predecessor and the font used in the Premier League. The EFL logo is present at the bottom of the numbers, while Prostate Cancer UK logo remains at the top. In line with the new English Football League branding, a line of dots runs through the numbers.

I realised this was the new standard design and thought which fuckin useless tosser designed it as it the numbers and names are almost illegible. Maybe we should have a white panel for the numbers as we did back int 70's?

If you want to watch a team with a solid red back, go watch Barnsley or Rotherham. Teams with stripes on the front and solid backs look awful and you get some where it almost looks like there's 3 teams on the pitch as the front is mostly one colour, then the back is solid something else. Can't believe Wednesday have a solid blue back on a shirt that's barely got a stripe in it to begin with.

The borderless numbers with the stupid dots don't help (which is a shame as the shape of them is better than before), but they're still readable. Nobody needs to read names on the shirts, they're just a moneymaking tool.

I have never been able to recognise the numbers on the back during games anyway.

Tend to just know from the look of em who they are, though I often get some mixed up when similar builds and positions.

Prefer striped backs, would rather stick to that.

It used to be oh so simple.

Whenever his second touch was a tackle, Montgomery.
Picking the ball out of the net from a long shot, Mark Howard.
Scoring goals from corners, Alan Woodward.

Simple.

I got mistaken though at times, with the front man ....

Was it Akinbiyi or was it.....

Dean Windass.

Easy to make, yours?

Love the marketing cuntery with statements like "a more modern approach." It's numbers on the back of a shirt not the next moon mission.

Back
Top Bottom