2022/2023 Match Thread Sheffield United v. Wrexham - FA Cup Replay - 7th February 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
WREX
WREX
WREX
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
sufc.gif
vs.
wrexham.png

FA Cup Fourth Round Replay - Tuesday 7th February 2023 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-wrexham-afc.653/

Officials:

Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Assistant Referee: TBC
Fourth Official: TBC

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1671401521883.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 16.06.48.png

Id like to see us put the advertising boards as legally close to the pitch as possible, hope we win as i cant get to the game and it would have only been a tenner, will be going to spurs match if we get through

Sheffield United FC (First Team) v Wrexham FC (First Team) Live on ITV4 👍
FA Cup
Referee: Doughty, Leigh
Assistant Referee: Hudson, Shaun
Assistant Referee: Hunt, Jonathan
Fourth Official: Backhouse, Anthony
0_GettyImages-1239333277.jpg

Big away following for a long trek on a Tuesday night live on TV
We grinded out our seventh consecutive league win yesterday despite losing two key players with long injuries from the first game. Every games a cup final for our opponents. You can never write us off these days.
We're looking forward to it . First game is a hard act to follow. Everyone expects Blades not to slip up this time
Any guesstimates for the crowd?

We grinded out our seventh consecutive league win yesterday despite losing two key players with long injuries from the first game. Every games a cup final for our opponents. You can never write us off these days.
We're looking forward to it . First game is a hard act to follow. Everyone expects Blades not to slip up this time
Any guesstimates for the crowd?

No real idea on the crowd to be honest. I think being on ITV4 may have an impact.

For me it's more a hope than an expectation that we won't slip up, because we easily could if we're complacent.

You guys will most likely sell your allocation and be noisy, add that to a team with nothing to lose and if we're not on it then it could be tricky.

Any gue

sstimates for the crowd?
Have you sold out? Looks as though it will be around the 20k mark.

Have you sold out? Looks as though it will be around the 20k mark.
I reckon might be less. Be not too bad if its 20k in my opinion.
I was guessing at 15k. Kop is only 3rd open.
Corner isn't open I don't think. So the capacity is probably nearly 10k less than normal. (22k)
And of the seats available there are plenty left in many areas.

Looks to be about 18k seats open to our fans, 3 or 4k still available then 5k taffies. Not a bad turnout.

Ah, the magic of the FA Cup.

5k away fans from the shires informing us that "our support is fucking shit" even though many of us are only here in the first place for the loyalty points/to get away from the missus.

A probable defeat followed by a torrent of unhinged Shoutboxery explaining how this is a season-defining disaster even though we played 10 kids and a programme seller.

Leaving the ground with a vague indifference except for a mild sense of emptiness due to the futility of it all.

Last edited:

As well as your support is fucking shit, I look forward to the hilarious
'Is this a library', and maybe the rib tickling 'Sheffields a shit hole, I wanna go home'
To be fair, swop the word Sheffield for any of our destinations and it is the same as what our knobheads sing
sing something simple
You simple twats

Sold out. Incredible for such a quick turnaround for a game that’s live in national tv.

Attachments

• AF5E7CE6-B1C0-4572-B6D2-3E316FAB9D47.jpeg
    AF5E7CE6-B1C0-4572-B6D2-3E316FAB9D47.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 38
Due to the World cup, our league games are in mess as it is, and throwing in any extra games with our present injury list could well be the straw that breaks the Camels back for us as far as promotion is concerned.
So, although I will be a little upset when ever we get knocked out of the FA cup I would be mortified if we were to missed out on promotion because of it...... :cool:

As well as your support is fucking shit, I look forward to the hilarious
'Is this a library', and maybe the rib tickling 'Sheffields a shit hole, I wanna go home'
To be fair, swop the word Sheffield for any of our destinations and it is the same as what our knobheads sing
sing something simple
You simple twats

🎶 "This place is experiencing socio-economic difficulties due in part to the legacy of rapid de-industrialisation in the 1970's and 80's and substandard government investment in infrastructure and services, I wanna go home" 🎶

Ah, the magic of the FA Cup.

5k away fans from the shires informing us that "our support is fucking shit" even though many of us are only here in the first place for the loyalty points/to get away from the missus.

A probable defeat followed by a torrent of unhinged Shoutboxery explaining how this is a season-defining disaster even though we played 10 kids and a programme seller.

Leaving the ground with a vague indifference except for a mild sense of emptiness due to the futility of it all.
Last sentence reads like a title for the next Manic Street Preachers album.

Due to the World cup, our league games are in mess as it is, and throwing in any extra games with our present injury list could well be the straw that breaks the Camels back for us as far as promotion is concerned.
So, although I will be a little upset when ever we get knocked out of the FA cup I would be mortified if we were to missed out on promotion because of it...... :cool:

Had a bad feeling for the first game, but for the replay have a really good feeling.

Play our strongest team possible, throw 110% at them, dust of the cobwebs and give them a really good tonking.

If we can blow these pretenders away with a big win it could really help find some form for our tough end of season run in.

Blades 4 - 1 Wrexham

🎶 "This place is experiencing socio-economic difficulties due in part to the legacy of rapid de-industrialisation in the 1970's and 80's and substandard government investment in infrastructure and services, I wanna go home" 🎶
God - I miss us singing that one , think it’s off our Christmas album

Few things I’d expect to see from this game:

1. You have to put Davies in goal. Anything less and you may as well talk about paying him off. Needs a chance to put in a good performance. Probably just a bit rusty. Played a lot for Barnsley, Stoke and Wales and need to give him a chance.

2. Pick Bash and rest Anel. Apart from being clattered by Osborn(!), he doesn’t seem fully there after his illness. I’d stay clear of 2 games a week right now.

3. Rest Lowe. Osborn another who hasn’t been amazing, but it’s really important that Lowe is fit for the next league game and we can pick up three points.

4. Pick Coulibaly. He’s had a couple of cameos now. If you aren’t going to start him at home, away from the league, against non league opposition, when are you going to give him a start? We’re short on bodies, he has to be given game time to become an option.

5. In the absence of Doyle, get McAtee running at them on the Bramall Lane pitch.

6. Start Billy and use McBurnie and Ndiaye in short spells so they can start against Swansea.

I’d be looking at something like this:

Davies
Basham Egan Robinson
Bogle Coulibaly Norwood McAtee Osborn
Sharp Ndiaye

Subs: Foderingham, Sachdev, Clark, Lowe, Berge, McBurnie, Marsh

Looking at the ground plan and sales so far I reckon current attendance is in the region of 16-18k.

Back
Top Bottom