Match Thread Sheffield United v. Peterborough United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
PETE
PETE
PETE
Status
Ratings for this match closed

Given the amount of Lundstrums, Sharpes and Osbournes on here, you can all fuck off for a simple mistake.

Plenty off effort today - it makes a difference. At least half the team could have had motm. New guys came in and liked to have the ball and pass and move - meaning we could do something else other than those laboured moves down the wing that never produce. Sharp masterclass. Still a bit fragile at the back. They seemed to have joy down our left though I actually thought RND and Robinson played well.

Plenty off effort today - it makes a difference. At least half the team could have had motm. New guys came in and liked to have the ball and pass and move - meaning we could do something else other than those laboured moves down the wing that never produce. Sharp masterclass. Still a bit fragile at the back. They seemed to have joy down our left though I actually thought RND and Robinson played well.
Other than Robinson's glaring error he did ok. Absolutely spot on with the rest of the post. The positive attacking play was refreshing.

what a game. that 2nd half reminded me of when we destroyed Bradford within half hour at easter. i stand by comment post huddersfield. "if this is a sign of things to come when things 'click' we could be in for a treat" & we had a treat. as the only difference was taking our chances. as we shouldve battered huddersfield the same way. but like has been said to death since pandemic restart. if you dont want to score the opposition wont be as generous

i hope they gave joint Man Of The Match as gibbs white & ndiaye were outstanding. the latter i havent seen (in person) a better academy debut since brooks, what a move what a finish from ndiaye. thats the way to announce your debut. ive been so used to Kevin de Bruyne feeding Mr Blobby

fantastic couple of goals to get us comfortable at 3-1. but we were lucky we woke up after the goalmouth scramble scare that could & shouldve seen 2-1 down. for that 2nd goal i cant deny after watching fleck last 12 months. it terrified me seeing through on goal. thought he'd miss. billy sharp outstanding

1 person who is a very lucky man is jack robinson because frustrating all that hard work, momentum & great play ruined. because he wanted to prat about with it at the back. who will be forgotten about

Wasn't it Robinson who got the ball out to MGW for the first? That was a cracking ball to be fair.

Are some games and results bigger than the points gained?
To me this is one of those which could be a defining moment and I emphasise could.
In reality we changed two players and given Didsy injury one was inevitable But we well and truly debunk the theory that we have to play Wilder ball

It was a fantastic performance and the first enjoyable match of attacking football I’ve seen for ages from us (probably Chelsea 3-0 the last).

Was great to see Fleck back to his best. Ndiaye and MGW were incredible, Sharp was fantastic. I really missed being entertained and when we were pegged back I feared that the losing mentality would kick back in.

Massive result and performance just when it was needed.

Back
Top Bottom