Shearer Wants Pigs Job & make Gary Speed his N2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kev Gee

Reaction score
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2792728/Shearer-wants-to-boss-Owls.html

ALAN SHEARER wants to take charge of managerless Sheffield Wednesday.

And the Match of the Day pundit hopes to install his former Newcastle team-mate Gary Speed as his No 2 at Hillsborough.

Shearer is eager to get back into management after failing to save his beloved Toon from relegation last season.

A close pal of the St James' Park legend said: "Alan is keen to manage again and wants the Wednesday job.

"He has also said he would like Gary Speed to be his assistant."

The Owls are now desperate to find a new boss after crashing out of the FA Cup on Saturday following a 2-1 home loss to Crystal Palace.

Sacked Bolton chief Gary Megson and former Preston manager Alan Irvine have already been linked with Wednesday.

Brian Laws was axed last month after four successive defeats left the Owls in the Championship relegation zone.

Wednesday fans will be intrigued to hear of Shearer's interest but may see him as a gamble.

They would prefer an experienced manager with their club second bottom and four points off safety.

Shearer wanted the Toon job full-time last summer but owner Mike Ashley appointed Chris Hughton instead.

Wednesday's Academy boss Sean McAuley was put in caretaker charge after Laws' departure but the Palace result has put paid to his chances.

Hands off Speed!

Can't see many Wendy fans being happy with Shearer they were slating him big time when he was linked with us..............!

Given that he will want considerably more than Laws was getting, where's Strappon going to get the money from?

Sorry, forgot about the Yank investment, Duuudes!

I wouldnt mind Shearer going to the pigs, cant see that he'd do much with no money and he'd end up having 2 relegations in his managerial career without even managing for an entire season. Kind of indifferent to Speed, does he really do that much here? if he does then surely hes adding to our tactics which everyone slates. If he doesnt then wheres the loss?

It would obviously be annoying though one of ours going over to the snort beasts.

i hope shearer gets the job ! :D

not keen on speed going though...... let them have cheap as chips ..... him an shearer wud make a reight pair !

I wouldnt mind Shearer going to the pigs, cant see that he'd do much with no money and he'd end up having 2 relegations in his managerial career without even managing for an entire season. Kind of indifferent to Speed, does he really do that much here? if he does then surely hes adding to our tactics which everyone slates. If he doesnt then wheres the loss?

It would obviously be annoying though one of ours going over to the snort beasts.

Speed has started to become very involved with coaching at Bramall Lane and his presence in the 'Technical Area' on matchdays certainly subscribe to this - as for his influence in tactics that is down to Blackwell, he's the boss.
For you to be indifferent to Speed is bemusing given his standing in the game, his experience at top levels of the game including internationals and the respect all the top players have for him makes him an outstanding guy to have on your staff.
If he is not been groomed to takeover from Blackwell he should be - he speaks well in front of the tv / press and obviously can influence future players joining the club!

I agree FB, but at what point would it be the right appointment for Gary Speed to become our manager? Unless he goes elsewhere first, we're going to have a rookie in charge at Bramall Lane.

I agree FB, but at what point would it be the right appointment for Gary Speed to become our manager? Unless he goes elsewhere first, we're going to have a rookie in charge at Bramall Lane.

It appears that Mr Blackwell will be here until the end of the season at least so I would suggest that Gary Speed be made Manager during the summer bringing in an experienced campaigner as his No 2- names that come to mind would include John Toshack, George Burley, Craig Brown, Paul Hart, or even Craig Short after his brief stint in Hungary

Nice idea but a) would any of those names be happy as a number 2? and b) for Blackwell to leave it would be following such circumstances as not making the play-offs or failing in them, so would then be a good time to bring in a rookie, regardless of who is at number 2?

Speed has started to become very involved with coaching at Bramall Lane and his presence in the 'Technical Area' on matchdays certainly subscribe to this - as for his influence in tactics that is down to Blackwell, he's the boss.

I dont get it, how can he be heavily involved in coaching yet have no influence over tactics? surely those go hand in hand.

You might aswell say that everything good a player does is down to Speed but every hoof is down to Blackwell. I just dont understand the fascination with Speed and why he would be so much better than Blackwell. Yes he is held with greater esteem within the footballing world but so was Robson and we all know what happened there

I dont get it, how can he be heavily involved in coaching yet have no influence over tactics? surely those go hand in hand.

You might aswell say that everything good a player does is down to Speed but every hoof is down to Blackwell. I just dont understand the fascination with Speed and why he would be so much better than Blackwell. Yes he is held with greater esteem within the footballing world but so was Robson and we all know what happened there

Watching him closely on match days he (Speed) seems to get frustrated with some of Uniteds play and I believe he is overidden by Blackwell when it comes to decisions to be made. Speed is much less obvious during the second half of matches when Blackwell dominates the 'Technical Area'

In answer to the 'Robson' enigma I can't give a reasonable reply! Brian Kidd as his number two did bugger all here,but it has not stopped Man City giving him the support job to Mancini.

Shearer's distanced himself from the job. Not surprising really; sure there are bigger clubs that would love to be relegated with him as the manager.

shearer said on the news at tea time today that there was no truth in the rumour that he was interested in the :swfc: job....!!!!

Back
Top Bottom