Sharp to Derby?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score

The short answer is that Derby don't have £2M. They've also been linked with Gary Hooper at £1.5M. I can assure you that Derby will not have that sort of money. Their parachute payments are long gone and they have mountains of debt. Its purely paper talk.

Clough may well be interested in Sharp but not at that price. United will struggle to find anyone in our division that can pay £2M for him. His only realistic destination away from the lane is Burnley. Laws loves him and they have a little money.

The Derby fans I know are convinced they'll be cost cutting for a long time yet.

They also curse us for offloading the likes of Big Claude on them, which they are still paying for :)

I work with a Derby fan. He says they are more likely to recruit from non-league than the CCC. And you are right, they hate any talk of recruiting from us mentioning Morris, Claude and even Hulse. They think we've pulled their pants down and spanked their bottoms on transfers too often!

No deal!

I work with a Derby fan. He says they are more likely to recruit from non-league than the CCC. And you are right, they hate any talk of recruiting from us mentioning Morris, Claude and even Hulse. They think we've pulled their pants down and spanked their bottoms on transfers too often!

No deal!

And we get Jordan Stewart in return. Whos pulled whos pants?

The short answer is that Derby don't have £2M. They've also been linked with Gary Hooper at £1.5M. I can assure you that Derby will not have that sort of money. Their parachute payments are long gone and they have mountains of debt. Its purely paper talk.

Clough may well be interested in Sharp but not at that price. United will struggle to find anyone in our division that can pay £2M for him. His only realistic destination away from the lane is Burnley. Laws loves him and they have a little money.

I wonder if we could swap Sharp for Hooper? Or sell Hendo and buy Hooper anyway?

Yeah or we could swap Hendo with them for Hulse.

Or Hendo for Beattie if Stoke are feeling stupid and Beattie is on his way out anyway.

Or Hendo for Beattie if Stoke are feeling stupid and Beattie is on his way out anyway.

Funny you should meantion that, i saw him driving down Ecclesall Road in a white lambo this very morning.

Probably just nipping round to Morgs's for a brew or something though. :header:

No deal!

Hendrie as well!

Hulse got 8 goals in 50 matches for us yet is worshipped...he went about 25 matches in the CCC without a goal!

Hulse got 8 goals in 50 matches for us yet is worshipped...he went about 25 matches in the CCC without a goal!

Nnnnnyyyyeeaaahh.... Only problem with that stat is "when". Premiership season then long come-back from injury. Stats aren't really fair to Hulse.

he did very well in the Premiership yes, but in the Championship he was absolutely awful.

he did very well in the Premiership yes, but in the Championship he was absolutely awful.

When he was coming back from injury, he seeemd to hit the woodwork more times than Chelsea in the FA Cuo Final and generally had some bad luck. I didn't think he was awful, I'd have him back tomorrow. Or at least by pre-season.

Leeds are in for Sharpy as well if The Mirror is to be believed.

The thought of Sharpy being sold makes me angy. I thought McCabe wanted him to be utilised effectively next season :(

Leeds are in for Sharpy as well if The Mirror is to be believed.

The thought of Sharpy being sold makes me angy. I thought McCabe wanted him to be utilised effectively next season :(

A usually reliable Leeds source has told me that they will sign Sharp for a fee of £600,000.

He reckons it's already a "done deal"

Henderson's better than Hulse.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Funniest thing i've heard all day. Brilliant.

I know you have a soft spot for 'Bif Darius' but this is a tongue in cheek comment isn't it????!!

He came back from a dreadful injury which could have finished his career. He has since establlished himself as a good striker in the Championship and I wouldn't be surprised if he moved onto better things. His season in the Premiership was a good one. 8 goals in a struggling side is not bad. Plus he played fantastic and many believe if he hadn't have got injured then we would have stayed up.

Interestingly when I asked united fans who the best striker at the Lane since Deane left in 93 quite a few voted for Hulse(http://www.s24su.com/showthread.php?16112-Best-striker-at-Lane-since-Deane-left-in-93&highlight=). I didn't even include Hednderson and only one person complained (it should be noted that people complained that Ashley Ward, Carl Asaba and Andy Gray were not on there too!?). Read into that what you will.

No deal!

Jonathan Hunt came from Derby.... We've been royally buggered by Derby on transfers!!

He came back from a dreadful injury which could have finished his career. He has since establlished himself as a good striker in the Championship and I wouldn't be surprised if he moved onto better things. His season in the Premiership was a good one. 8 goals in a struggling side is not bad. Plus he played fantastic and many believe if he hadn't have got injured then we would have stayed up.

That's absolutely no excuse to be missing open nets and generally doing absolutely nothing. 0 goals in 25 Championship appearances is utterly embarassing and it's undefendable, however you can blame that on an injury he sustained about 18 months before leaving us is beyond me. He did well in the Premiership, but that's one good season and it doesn't make up for the joke season he had after that. He'll never play in the Premiership again I'm afraid.

At Derby he's scored 29 in 84 starts I believe, that's not much better than Henderson's scoring record for us. No way will he move onto better things, he's a decent CCC striker and no more. You can laugh at comparisons with Henderson but I bet he has a better goals to games started ratio in this league.

That's absolutely no excuse to be missing open nets and generally doing absolutely nothing. 0 goals in 25 Championship appearances is utterly embarassing and it's undefendable, however you can blame that on an injury he sustained about 18 months before leaving us is beyond me. He did well in the Premiership, but that's one good season and it doesn't make up for the joke season he had after that. He'll never play in the Premiership again I'm afraid.

At Derby he's scored 29 in 84 starts I believe, that's not much better than Henderson's scoring record for us. No way will he move onto better things, he's a decent CCC striker and no more. You can laugh at comparisons with Henderson but I bet he has a better goals to games ratio in this league.

Sorry Bladesman, but I won't have a word said against Hulse :)

At Derby he's scored 29 in 84 starts I believe, that's not much better than Henderson's scoring record for us. No way will he move onto better things, he's a decent CCC striker and no more. You can laugh at comparisons with Henderson but I bet he has a better goals to games ratio in this league.

You bet right. Pretty close though:

Hendo 193 games at this level, 57 goals (one goal every 3.38 games)
Hulse 264 games at this level, 76 goals (one goal every 3.47 games)

Hulse's 2007-8 - no goals in 21 games - kills him in this comparison. You can make a decent argument that had, say, Stead been played more consistently rather than use Hulse that season United would have made the playoffs. The points we lost at Christmas, when Hulse wasted several chances in the Blackpool and Palace games, would perhaps not have been lost had someone else taken his place.

For me hulse was a much better all rounder. Of course he was there to get goals but the team seemed to link up better with him. But like with hendo a big man is about more than just goals. Hulse was better at retaining possession.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Funniest thing i've heard all day. Brilliant.

I know you have a soft spot for 'Bif Darius' but this is a tongue in cheek comment isn't it????!!

Almost as brilliant as those stats Revolution provided, eh?

Incidentally, I knew Henderson had a better scoring ratio than Hulse a long time before I saw this, I take things like that into account before stating my opinion you see.

Back
Top Bottom