Shameful,inadequate or amateurs ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I am torn between the choice when trying to understand the mindset of our current owners,the one thing i do know is that they are a complete embarrassment.At the end of last season we had three of our own quality footballers and two loan players who helped us to gain promotion to the top division.I must admit a short period of celebration and then reality set in and i remembered that our current custodians don’t have a clue how to manage a top level football league club and more to the point they have no money.I did appreciate that it would be a difficult season,but they managed to bugger it up before a ball was kicked.
We now have a new plan, not just an ordinary plan,but a cunning one that no one has ever thought of before,we will buy young,cheap,unproven overseas players and turn them into quality footballers…..brilliant isn’t it !! It’s easy,Brighton and Brentford did it and we are a latent football powerhouse so we will have no trouble replicating their plan.However,the plan doesn’t include the ones we should protect, our established quality players or secure the young talent with decent contracts to establish a firm base for the next three years.The trouble is that we all know that it is complete bollocks and the end result is that we will end up where we started when PA arrived,in league one,when he was welcomed aboard by the ‘no bigger blade’ McCabe to keep our head above water.

God help us,do we never learn !!

It's just a game of Football Manager to PA where you take a lowly club to be another Man City/Real Madrid by trading players unfortunately reality isn't like that.

I really don't understand the thought processes going on here. PA wants to sell and get the maximum return on investment (£170m apparently plus maybe a cheeky 20% involvement still), wouldnt we all. Sells 'best' players (admittedly in last year of contracts and i can partly understand why - in theory this is solid forward planning and maximising value but to do it so close to season starting is fucking ridiculous. If players fucking about refusing to sign new contracts then, as soon as promotion secured, get rid asap or plan as if they will be gone. Sign or you're being sold. Then you can plan rebuild.) and replaces with so far unproven players and as a result more than likely relegation. At which point cost of buying club surely reduces therefore giving him less or no profit on his investment. If I were one of the potential buyers I'd be seriously considering either not offering to buy or if I was then at significantly reduced amounts saying let's see what happens up to Jan. This leads to PA refusing to sell and we end up continuing in the same situation we are currently in with no end in sight. It is just moronic ineptitude.

"Vinicius Souza has completed his medical at Sheffield United and has signed a 4 year contract with the Blades."

Back
Top Bottom