season tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Ticket Office girl told me this morning that we had sold about 21,000 season tickets
so far.

Not suprised just go on and try and buy one now online and look at the number of seats left in the ground. All odd ones dotted around.

If you aren’t a year away from death, or incredibly obese, your chances of dying with Covid are absolutely minuscule (though there’s a risk in everything).
That’s a misconception.

One of the fittest people I know (an active fell runner and cyclo cross competitor) caught it at the same time as his wife who is a little overweight and does no sport whatsoever.

He was very very ill and it has took months for him to get back on his feet. His wife shrugged it off within two weeks.

My cousin who is the same age as me, not particularly fit but average build and fitness like me, was in intensive care, in hospital for 3 months and very nearly died on two occasions. He and his family were told not to expect him coming out.

Thankfully two weeks ago he has come out and when I spoke to him on the phone he was getting breathless just having a conversation.

Im not looking for an argument with anybody over it, I’m just saying please don’t get complacent and think it won’t have any impact on you. You could maybe just get poorly but you could pass it on to someone who it could kill.

That’s a misconception.

One of the fittest people I know (an active fell runner and cyclo cross competitor) caught it at the same time as his wife who is a little overweight and does no sport whatsoever.

He was very very ill and it has took months for him to get back on his feet. His wife shrugged it off within two weeks.

My cousin who is the same age as me, not particularly fit but average build and fitness like me, was in intensive care, in hospital for 3 months and very nearly died on two occasions. He and his family were told not to expect him coming out.

Thankfully two weeks ago he has come out and when I spoke to him on the phone he was getting breathless just having a conversation.

Im not looking for an argument with anybody over it, I’m just saying please don’t get complacent and think it won’t have any impact on you. You could maybe just get poorly but you could pass it on to someone who it could kill.
It isn't a misconception though, it's a statistical fact. But if you multiply a tiny percentage by 60,000,000 people, you still get a number of sad stories that don't fit the model.

And the examples you gave didn't die, which is what I was referring to. That doesn't mean they aren't sad, worrying stories for all concerned.

Is it enough to keep costing the future taxpayer tens of billions every week for (with the associated misery, ill health and death attached)? Not for me.

It isn't a misconception though, it's a statistical fact. But if you multiply a tiny percentage by 60,000,000 people, you still get a number of sad stories that don't fit the model.

And the examples you gave didn't die, which is what I was referring to. That doesn't mean they aren't sad, worrying stories for all concerned.

Is it enough to keep costing the future taxpayer tens of billions every week for (with the associated misery, ill health and death attached)? Not for me.
Get what you’re saying. It’s just I can see why people are wary.

When I visited the ticket office last week for a replacement card. The lad at the ticket desk said we had sold between 20,000 and 21,000 season tickets. More than last time we were in the championship.Should have the lane rocking again and great crowds. If Covid let's us.

Get what you’re saying. It’s just I can see why people are wary.
I think this is something which the Govt and Media have to change now. Not just here but globally.

Last year we didn't have enough data to go on so it was understandable that the Govt would stress the need to stay home etc...

Now, more than a year on, with the vaccine being administered to pretty much all adults that want and can have it, we've had over 5.6 million positive cases and 2.3% of those have been recorded as Covid-19 deaths, globally the death rate to positive cases is currently 2.15%.

So we can say that its extremely rare for people to die from this virus, so perhaps its time for the govt to put a message out that we shouldn't be scared... they won't and it will take a long time for many people to feel safe again after whats been spun nationally and globally.

Most cases of Covid are now due to the 18 to under 30's age group that is the group that through no fault of their own have not had two jabs. In that group though are the people who are in their teens or early 20's who could go and get a jab today at a pop up centre but can't be arsed, thinking as we all do at that age that we are immortal. This is the group who will be saying fuck it I'm not wearing a muzzle and I'm off to the nightclub ............ utter selfish pricks who are letting the whole country down with their me me me attitude, if we end up back in lockdown these are the people we will have to thank.
All it takes is for people to act with a bit more responsibility and we would be out of restrictions a lot sooner. We need to educate people too, hard to believe but a guy on the early morning news who refuses to have the vaccine stated his reasons where that it traces your movements and can even see how much money is in your bank account .............. yes he was deadly serious too, I guess no one has informed him that it is Google on his smart phone that tracks his movements, what a fucking dipshit. Hard to believe such morons can function on a daily basis.

Most cases of Covid are now due to the 18 to under 30's age group that is the group that through no fault of their own have not had two jabs. In that group though are the people who are in their teens or early 20's who could go and get a jab today at a pop up centre but can't be arsed, thinking as we all do at that age that we are immortal. This is the group who will be saying fuck it I'm not wearing a muzzle and I'm off to the nightclub ............ utter selfish pricks who are letting the whole country down with their me me me attitude, if we end up back in lockdown these are the people we will have to thank.
All it takes is for people to act with a bit more responsibility and we would be out of restrictions a lot sooner. We need to educate people too, hard to believe but a guy on the early morning news who refuses to have the vaccine stated his reasons where that it traces your movements and can even see how much money is in your bank account .............. yes he was deadly serious too, I guess no one has informed him that it is Google on his smart phone that tracks his movements, what a fucking dipshit. Hard to believe such morons can function on a daily basis.
I agree with the gist of that - but these "utter selfish pricks" are also the ones who've had one of the best years of their life robbed from them, a gargantuan financial millstone dropped on them - all for something they have next to zero risk from - the remedy for which probably puts them personally at more risk*.

*My two sons are fully vaccinated. :)

Some are stupid and selfish sure, but they're also just doing what the government has told them to do.

If we go back in to lockdown the only person to blame is the bellend with the flyaway hairdo who is unfortunately the Prime Minister.

Some are stupid and selfish sure, but they're also just doing what the government has told them to do.

If we go back in to lockdown the only person to blame is the bellend with the flyaway hairdo who is unfortunately the Prime Minister.

I think the "selfish" comment is referring to those who could have a jab, and haven't.

I think the "selfish" comment is referring to those who could have a jab, and haven't.

Yeah, fair point.

The option of going to a nightclub without any precaution is on the government though, so even if people aren't taking personal responsibility, the potential damage that can do is magnified by the governments approach.

Saw some pictures of Corp the other day and it looks like a pandemic isn't ongoing, which is refreshing I'm sure, so I can see the appeal, but it can't be great for case/ping numbers.

Maybe they could set up vaccination clinics on West Street that are open at 6-11pm, and you get a free drink voucher for Corp/wherever else is still open. Might speed things up.

Tramlines ought to have one too, maybe it has, not sure.

I don,t understand why certain people don,t want the jab for covid 19.only takes 5 min. and a lovely nurse will give you the jab. female nurses I mean.
then you sit down in a tent or whatever for 15 min to make sure you're ok job done. after that you can do what you want.

At that age, based on the data, most people are pretty immortal to this virus and the young have also been proven to not spread it as much as older folks... according to research.

Nothing selfish about people making a personal choice not to have the vaccine. It's not like the vaccine prevents the virus being spread, I know more people who've had both jabs and still got the virus within the last few weeks, than i did all through last year.

We just need to accept that some will have a vaccine, some won't, people will still get the virus, people will still get sick, people will still die and of course, some of these will have been double jabbed. But hopefully, now that we're opening up fully, we can crack on with our lives and just accept that this virus is something we will live with around us whilst no longer intruding or stopping our lives.

They’re driven by the media??

At that age, based on the data, most people are pretty immortal to this virus and the young have also been proven to not spread it as much as older folks... according to research.

Nothing selfish about people making a personal choice not to have the vaccine. It's not like the vaccine prevents the virus being spread, I know more people who've had both jabs and still got the virus within the last few weeks, than i did all through last year.

We just need to accept that some will have a vaccine, some won't, people will still get the virus, people will still get sick, people will still die and of course, some of these will have been double jabbed. But hopefully, now that we're opening up fully, we can crack on with our lives and just accept that this virus is something we will live with around us whilst no longer intruding or stopping our lives.

According to Public Health England, after one dose of Pfizer or AZ, you are 38-49% less likely to pass on the virus to people in your household. I assume that carries on outside your house?

People with jabs are getting it because there's a lot of it going around. Being a third to a half less likely to transmit might be keeping it at worrying levels rather than terrifying levels though.

Sorry mate it is about using your brain and not being a sheep, time people took responsibility for their actions.

Tell it to the cancer patient who can't get into hospital for Covid cases most of which now are people who have not been vaccinated.

Tell it to the cancer patient who can't get into hospital for Covid cases most of which now are people who have not been vaccinated.
There are lots and varying reasons why people don't get vaccinated, as i said, in the young, they have a really low chance of getting ill...

The hospitals are not currently overwhelmed, they're busy, but hospitalisations are rising at a very low rate.

The decision of the NHS to prioritise COVID over cancer or other more life threatening diseases will be one for later i would assume

Getting away from COVID and back onto ticket sales, if we have sold over 21,000 STs with POTG and away fans it would seem very likely that average attendance will be over 27,000 something we have achieved only 3 times in the last 67 years 🤷‍♂️ So that will be nice UTB

Always amusing that those to blame just happens to be in the demographic the person moaning isn’t. It’s not loads of kids that I see on the anti-lockdown demos or anti-vax.
The kids are the ones who’ve been rushed back to Uni in order to load debt on them when it wasn’t needed just so landlords get paid. They’re the one who’ve been locked up and unable to mix at the period of life where thats all they want to do. The ones losing their jobs as places close and also those ones not employed long enough to be furloughed. Those paying £12k/year for pre-recorded lectures from previous years and treated like their mental health doesn’t matter while also probably going to be those paying for the “after the horse has bolted” decisions of this government for the rest of their lives.

Getting away from COVID and back onto ticket sales, if we have sold over 21,000 STs with POTG and away fans it would seem very likely that average attendance will be over 27,000 something we have achieved only 3 times in the last 67 years 🤷‍♂️ So that will be nice UTB
It should be a great atmosphere on match day.
Can’t wait!

Back
Top Bottom