Season tickets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For anyone else who, like me, is getting nervous, I've just had this response from the Box Office:

"We started printing and posting season tickets out last wednesday, as we have a large amount to post we're unable to give you a specific date when you will receive the season card but it will be before the first home match. If you haven't received it by friday please contact us or come into the ticket office and we can issue you with paper tickets"
Bert posted exactly the same. I wonder if anyone has received a different email?

I've been told by email that if my season ticket hasn't arrived by Friday. I need to contact them!. I explained that a few forum members were unable to get through to the ticket office by phone!, (myself included, user busy is what comes up on my screen every time I ring them). Finally they said that if I'd not received anything by Saturday!. I need to go to the ticket office so that they can print a paper ticket!!. I'm not hopeful. looking forward to Saturday!.

Me and the boy got replacements in yesterdays post. Christ knows why. Mine was 5 years old though. I'd still not worry though if you have an old card and no replacements crop up. I doubt they are reissuing the lot, and they have those blokes with the white jackets wandering about near the turnstiles at the beginning of the season to sort out cards that have gone wonky etc....

Mine arrived yesterday but my mate's (who I sit with) hasn't. Looks like I'm sat on my own for the season

Roll on Saturday!!! Dem Blades!!! ⚔⚔

After much worry & nervousness mine arrived by post this morning. It arrived at my house with my grandson's literally 30 seconds after I had texted my daughter to see if they had been posted to her house
Oh happy days!!!!!

Both of the ones I hadn't been expecting and didn't really need arrived this morning. Our old ones were a bit grubby, we've had em since the first year the club issued cards--but, goodness me, I don't think "battle scarred and proud" really does them justice. Would gladly have carried on (re)using them until the data strip fell out.

Has anyone ever removed their shoes and waved them at McCabe on account of his contribution to preventable global plastic pollution, to the consequent erosion of marine ecosystems (not tuna or dolphins, obviously) and the spoiling of holidays for wealthy westerners on exotic beaches strewn with Evian bottles ?

:)

Received my season ticket card this morning. Yehhhhhhhhh.

Garbage admin/planning. They've only had all June + all July to prepare the bulk of new STs which were bought before 31 May deadline .....and they don't get round to posting them till a couple of days before the first game .... I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way round on a toilet , never mind organize a piss-up in a brewery ! Each announcement they make is inaccurate and has to be corrected by the next one until they finally admit they are a shambles.

Garbage admin/planning. They've only had all June + all July to prepare the bulk of new STs which were bought before 31 May deadline .....and they don't get round to posting them till a couple of days before the first game .... I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way round on a toilet , never mind organize a piss-up in a brewery ! Each announcement they make is inaccurate and has to be corrected by the next one until they finally admit they are a shambles.

Well said, shambolic, and no surprise we have a mess of a simple operation.

Both of the ones I hadn't been expecting and didn't really need arrived this morning. Our old ones were a bit grubby, we've had em since the first year the club issued cards--but, goodness me, I don't think "battle scarred and proud" really does them justice. Would gladly have carried on (re)using them until the data strip fell out.

Has anyone ever removed their shoes and waved them at McCabe on account of his contribution to preventable global plastic pollution, to the consequent erosion of marine ecosystems (not tuna or dolphins, obviously) and the spoiling of holidays for wealthy westerners on exotic beaches strewn with Evian bottles ?

:)

I wouldn't, he'll have your laces out before you can say "Hey!"

What about if you have an existing one and a new one doesn't arrive but has been posted, how would that person know?

I foresee a monumental cock Up at the turnstiles on Saturday.

It says you can still use your existing one so presumably 2 cards will be activated until the first time that you use the new card, then the old card will automatically be de-activated. If not you could sell it down the pub - but be careful who you sell it too as in theory they'll have the same seat as you and might have to sit on your knee. Faced with such a situation I would ensure I sold mine to an attractive female and therefore agree with you that it could result in a monumental cock up.

What about if you have an existing one and a new one doesn't arrive but has been posted, how would that person know?

I foresee a monumental cock Up at the turnstiles on Saturday.

Not only that, there's a reasonable chance you wouldn't be counted in the attendance figures either !

I got my first season ticket over 50 years ago. It was a little cardboard booklet which you showed the guy at the turnstile and he let you in. Simple. You then scurried over to the exit gate and slid it underneath where your mate was waiting and he did the same. In theory you could do this as many times as you wanted but, being a (relatively) honest type I usually limited to once. The point of this post is to illustrate that the shitty electronic and admin systems they have in place now are inferior to those they had in place 50+ years ago. I must have saved the club a fortune in admin costs, not to mention loads of irate fans posting on message boards.

Well that's great...

I leant my season ticket to an out of town friend for the last game of last season as I was out of the country and haven't bothered getting it back from him as I new I'd need a new one as I am moving seats for this season.

Thanks SUFC ticket office - you useless bunch of tossers.

Mine and lads came today,,, seems a shame to throw the tatty faded one away... think I'll keep it as a backup just in case there's issues with new un on Sat.

Well that's great...

I leant my season ticket to an out of town friend for the last game of last season as I was out of the country and haven't bothered getting it back from him as I new I'd need a new one as I am moving seats for this season.

Thanks SUFC ticket office - you useless bunch of tossers.

Cannot understand your problem, if you have moved seats you get a new ticket and your old one is not activated as it has not been paid for?

Cannot understand your problem, if you have moved seats you get a new ticket and your old one is not activated as it has not been paid for?

Except the club say if you haven't received your new one by Saturday use your old one!

Arrived now, so not sure what I'll be able to complain about for the next two days

Back
Top Bottom