Season Tickets, 1 week on

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kopped

Reaction score
Just a quick question:

A week after the release of the season tickets renewals, What are your thoughts having thought about it?

Is the price right?
Does the offer go far enough to entice old season ticket holders that walked away last season?
Does it draw in NEW Season Ticket sales?
Are you waiting to find out which Division we will be in? Why?
Have you already renewed? Why?

Discuss

Just a quick question:

A week after the release of the season tickets renewals, What are your thoughts having thought about it?

Is the price right? - The price is never right when it comes to football tickets.

Does the offer go far enough to entice old season ticket holders that walked away last season? - Its the same price so no I dont think so.

Does it draw in NEW Season Ticket sales? - I think it will, judging from reaction of people I know who haven't had one for a while. This might make up a little for non-renewals.

Are you waiting to find out which Division we will be in? Why? - No, that has never made any difference to me. I will be picking and choosing games next season irrespective of the division we are in, but will attend most games.

Have you already renewed? Why? - As above, no I haven't and its simply due to having other commitments but a tinge of feeling that football is over priced in general.

Discuss

My general stance is that I will continue supporting the Blades but because of other commitments it is becoming more convenient to buy on a game by game basis. It is also down to the fact that I wont be pushed into a big hit by a ridiculously early deadline and then be forced to pay even more afterwards if I don't. As for the monthly payments - if for whatever reason I cant attend a couple of games I've effectively wasted a monthly payment and I'm not at all keen on being charged interest for watching football.

That said.....there are a few options to suit all sorts of people so the club is at least flexible on that front which is a good thing.

I still do not know if I will be renewing mine purely because of the financial impact of supporting the Blades. I have 3 kids at home, things are changing at work, no wage rise for the last 2 years so I am struggling to convince my wife that I need to spend £500 I can ill afford on another season. No matter what division the Blades are in I would be facing this quandry!. In previous years the Blades have usually come first even to the point of not booking holidays, missing family functions etc but after 36 years I have reached the point where other things will have to take priority. If things were better financially I would renew at the drop off a hat but this time it will be a last minute thing.
Many other Blades will also be facing the same problem and like me will not appreciate all this "True Blades" bollocks the club is spouting and I personally feel they could have done something more tempting to sell tickets at what is a very difficult time for a lot of people.
UTB!

I agree, the 'True Blades at the Lane' is a really really bad marketing idea, talk about alienating fans, when will they learn???

Many other Blades will also be facing the same problem and like me will not appreciate all this "True Blades" bollocks the club is spouting and I personally feel they could have done something more tempting to sell tickets at what is a very difficult time for a lot of people.

I have to agree, I was a bit put out by that tagline knowing that my decision is based on far more important things than football. My allegiance to Sheffield United is without question and I've followed them since I was a nipper. The amount of money I have put into that club (like many supporters) must be staggering.

"True Blades" will be there if they can be there.....how they choose to prioritise and spend money has nothing to do with that. After the shit we've watched this season I think its very unfair to play the dedication card - not the marketing angle I expected after the season we've had!

Easy to agree with complaints about marketing and lack of flexibility but £299 for 23 games is decent value in my opinion. £13 per game.

I'm a South Stand man at the moment - enjoy it massively but as with virtually everyone else at moment who is lucky enough to have a job there has been no pay rise for 3 years and no chance of one for plenty more years to come. Therefore option is to move to kop and 'save' over £100. Nowt in grand scheme of things but it's a decent option for me at least.

Just need someone to sit next to now. Swiss? Judgey? Silverfox? Janksy? Let me know.

Easy to agree with complaints about marketing and lack of flexibility but £299 for 23 games is decent value in my opinion. £13 per game.

The Kop is no good if you have children (or even shorter adults) as everyone stands up as soon as we begin to attack that end. It's ok for me and my old fella who are 6'0" plus but I remember being a child on there and I couldn't see a thing when we were attacking that end. It ruins the experience for little un's and in effect does the same for their parents who want them to enjoy the game. For that reason I would never buy a ST on there.

The south stand is where I've always had ST's and up near the top it's by far the best view at the lane. If you can, I would stay there. Moved across the way once before and it wasn't half as good.

The kop is hopeless kids and to be honest at 6ft 3" and around 20stone it's not the most comfortable place for me unless I can get an aisle seat!!!!!! I sit in the Kop corner which has good legroom and is safe for the kids and it offers a great view of the pitch. I must be honest though I am seriously considering the move. The True Blades thing has really riled me, I wish I had the same amount of money in the bank that I have blown on the Blades over the years, then again!

Not yet renewed, mainly to ensure I can get maximum time to pay with credit card statement day. Will though be renewing after March 25th, why, who knows?

I think the pricing is about right, in essence United have lost 2 1/2% because of the VAT increase so they are reduced in one sense. The increasing of the juniors age limit is good.

There is always a spare seat next to us on the Kop Mic if you want, bang in line with the south stand touchline, about halfway up. As for the standing up! people standing on a Kop who would of thought it eh! tut tut. Never been an issue for me or the two 12 year olds that go with us, though it plays havoc with my dads knees, he'd rather be stood all the time.

UTB

I think the pricing is about right, in essence United have lost 2 1/2% because of the VAT increase so they are reduced in one sense. The increasing of the juniors age limit is good.

There is always a spare seat next to us on the Kop Mic if you want, bang in line with the south stand touchline, about halfway up. As for the standing up! people standing on a Kop who would of thought it eh! tut tut. Never been an issue for me or the two 12 year olds that go with us, though it plays havoc with my dads knees, he'd rather be stood all the time.

UTB

I agree the price is about right and I will be renewing our two tickets.

P.S. Don't talk to me about dodgy knees Frenchy. ;)

I agree!! The price is about right.
PS Don't tell me about dodgy knees Frenchy

I think that they are fairly priced - if I could make it to more games I'd get one (regardless of division, true blade :) )

In terms of getting the old fans back I would be pleasantly gobsmacked if many take up the offer seeing as they refused to buy at the same price a year ago and the product and future of the club is now worse.

I had one for 30 years till last summer. It was strange not going at first but I was surprised that I didn't feel that I missed it as watching United had become a bore and a chore for a long time - I'd been missing the real Blade/football experience for years.

The only thing I felt was guilt, like I was letting the club and other fans down but I've got over it and now love the fact that I can do whatever I want on a weekend for the first time since I was about 5.

You find you can go to quite a few games anyway. Always a few games that mates with STs can't make it to and always the tenner games.

Having said that I was still vulnerable to renewing this season but in some ways it was fortunate for me that the club came up with such an unimaginative offer.

The club has given up on the 5,000 fans they lost last season and they seem happy/prepared to lose more this season as they'd rather 10,000 fans at £300 than 15,000 or 20,000 at £149.

It's shortsighted and the club is going to lose huge sums of money because the 5,000 that didn't renew last season will probably not renew again in any signiifcant numbers now till we are promoted to the prem.

I suspect another couple of thousand at least will not renew this year. If that's 7,000 lost for 5 or 10 years then that's a huge loss both financially when you multiply it up but it's a bigger loss in other ways to the future of the club.

Hope I'm wrong and thousands return to the fold with this fanatastic "pay what you refused to pay last season offer but this time for League One football or a meaningless season in the championship"

Just a quick question:

Is the price right? Nope the price is wrong
Does the offer go far enough to entice old season ticket holders that walked away last season? It has not enticed me back but I knew this season was going to be dire as far back as last august.
Does it draw in NEW Season Ticket sales? It might draw a few back but I would be surprised
Are you waiting to find out which Division we will be in? Why? I won't be getting a ST regardless of the division
Have you already renewed? Why?

Discuss

Had the price come down then I would of renewed but we the fans have had to watch total dire football for a while now and they best they could come up with was a price freeze.

I think the price freeze is fair enough and, from what I've seen, our prices are in line with other similar clubs. I've no doubt us fans will show our commitment once again - we just need an owner & board who are prepared to do the same.

I think the price freeze is fair enough and, from what I've seen, our prices are in line with other similar clubs. I've no doubt us fans will show our commitment once again - we just need an owner & board who are prepared to do the same.

Agreed, but in return for my money I'm not going to expect anyone else to spend theirs. I'd settle for competent planning based on a footballing style from the academy up, and a first team squad consisting of our own players.

Not too much to ask, but more than we've been given for the last couple of years.

The Kop is no good if you have children (or even shorter adults) as everyone stands up as soon as we begin to attack that end.

My kids have come with me on the Kop since they were about 5. I take your point about the view but for me, that's what football is all about. They stand on the seats, on peoples backs - it's football and they love it.

Tuesday night reminded me how great it can be. £299 for the Kop. Bugger all (nearly) for the kids. Good value.

Get your tickets bought and be able to say "I stuck with 'em though thick and thin"....:)

UTB

Suspect there will sadly be a lot more fans waving goodbye to the club in the summer. Whether they'll come back, who knows.
Money's tight, a lot of fans feel betrayed and so on.
I'm waiting for the club attempting to plug the emergence of the young players. That'll be amusing.

I was surprised to see a leaflet drop through my letterbox yesterday asking for me to renew at the same price as existing season ticket holders. I think its a good idea by the club but ultimately you will only see more season tickets sold if the team is successful. Its a basic equation that has stood the test of time.

To me the price freeze only serves to show how out of touch the club is with the real world. Many people are struggling to make ends meet and the cost of a day out at the Lane can soon add up! Any other product that has been as bad as ours the last couple of seasons tends to end up in the bargain bin at a big discount to try and get rid. I feel the way forward would have been to offer all existing season tickets holders a real discount (no vat increase does not wash) to renew within the timetable and offer the price freeze to any lapsed ticket holders coming back to the fold. This could have been done on a one season basis in the hope we achieve some success in Div1 as people are always happier to buy into successful product.
Unfortunately it's now too late and we are stuck with the worst marketing campaign in living memory (True Blades) and season ticket sales will fall yet again as the club are making it to easy for fans to not bother renewing. As for the no discount tickets during the season, let's see what they do when attendances have dropped as we have seen in the past! No offers = business suicide.
I support the team not the board.
UTB!

Suspect there will sadly be a lot more fans waving goodbye to the club in the summer. Whether they'll come back, who knows.
Money's tight, a lot of fans feel betrayed and so on.

Part Timers! I'll not argue with fans not going because of money/ work/ living away etc, but those fans that are only there during the good times make me laugh. I thought we had the best fans in the world?

You often speak sense lenners, but sometimes I think you just try to make statements to make the club seem worse than it is. Don't give me the rubbish about being "betrayed", most of us have lived through the shite at this club, the chant of "Sack the board" has been sung as much as the GCB. We've never been run well, so to say we've been betrayed is a joke.

Frankly i'll be glad to see the back of some of the fair weather fans. Some talk as if they know better and the rest of us are just simpletons because we still support the club. I know things aren't right at the club,find me a club that is well run AND successful... there aren't many about. Thats not to say that we should follow the trend or its making excuses, but just a point about football generally. Money has ruined the game, we pay through the nose for our team and never get any thanks.

I'm waiting for the club attempting to plug the emergence of the young players. That'll be amusing.

Why will it be amusing Lenners? The club has said for the last 2-3 years that we need to use the Youth system more, in fact we had two lads who burst into the first team called Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton, we sold them on of course, but it was clear then and its clear now with the likes of Slew and Lowton along with the interest that many of us have shown in the Youth team cup run that we all want the club to go down this road.

The club is going down this road and they plugged Pembo's appointment, they plugged it at the start of the season with Blackwell, then Speed, now they've also plugged it with Micky, they want the first team to use the academy lads if they're good enough. It makes sense.

So why shouldn't they plug it? Many clubs have had success with kids coming through Liverpool, Arsenal, Man United and Boro to name a few.

I'd rather the club plug something achievable instead of stating we have one of the highest wage bills in the division or we always go out and spend big money on has beens, never weres or never will be's.

I can't wait for the club to start plugging the emergence of the younger players myself.

Swiss, you're living in some kind of dream world.
If you can't see why saying you're building on youth, then selling them in five minutes, saying you're not going to rely on loanings, then doing just that, saying you're going to play football throughout the club, then appointing Adams doesn't add up to betrayal you're a bit bonkers.
Similarly, if you think it's fair-weather fans walking. You only have to look at some of the posts on here to know that we're talking about very long term fans who've had enough.
As for the current crop of young players, of course it'll be funny to see the club trumpet them as our future and then sell them in five minutes.
What else is there really to do but laugh at the way our club is run.

Really astonished at your post Swiss. Not sure what word you would use but McCabe has never really told us about the crippling financial cost of his property ventures and his/Birchy's comments about not relying on the loan system seems like a betrayel to me of some sort.

You make it sound like this is just some minor blip, have a look at the table and think about who we'll be playing next term. Think about how the past few season have been handled and how the squad has been shorn of players we own. Totally unbalanced with huge earners and rejects like Doyle who are fading further into obscurity before our very eyes. You need to wake up a bit Swiss.

I always seem to get the same responses - living in a dream world, need to wake up etc. So here we go again.

Betrayal would lead us to think that we entered into some sort of agreement with the club. Did we? I missed that one. Ok so promises were broken and the club are in the shite, we've (possibly) been lied to, can't remember where to be honest, or is it that we've been told something and it was never achievable. Either way, I'm certainly not walking away from the club now. You two (Mic and lenners) talk all this stuff up as if its new. Its not. We've been shafted for years. Does it make me want to stop going to support my club, not in the slightest.

So on to long term fans walking away, its their choice and of course they may have stuck with us through even worse times than now, it still makes them fair weather fans to me. I'm not perfect as a fan, far from it, I chose to play football on saturdays for a long time after we got relegated in the 90's.

But don't tell me I need to wake up or I live in dreamland when i'm not walking away and others are. I recognise the full situation at the club. I just feel the need to support the club more now, rather than constantly berate it. For those that are walking away, enjoy your Sat afternoons doing other things.

I'll be with the true blades at the lane ;)

Swiss, you're tieing yourself in knots.
And you seem really confused about the difference between supporting the club and going to matches.
A lot of people will still support the club and look for the results, they just won't spend their money on a business which has betrayed its customers.

Swiss, you're tieing yourself in knots.
And you seem really confused about the difference between supporting the club and going to matches.
A lot of people will still support the club and look for the results, they just won't spend their money on a business which has betrayed its customers.

I'm well aware of the difference lenners, weren't you the one pushing for price reductions to get these people back through the gates? The whole argument is smashed when the same people are prepared to forget their reason for not going for a fiver less per game.

I'm well aware of the difference lenners, weren't you the one pushing for price reductions to get these people back through the gates? The whole argument is smashed when the same people are prepared to forget their reason for not going for a fiver less per game.

Eh? What are you on about?

Back
Top Bottom