Scouting & Recruitment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rodley

Reaction score
What the fuck is going on? I’ve seen some shite in my time, but the last two windows were unprecedented.

Larouchi, Trusty, Traore, Slimane, Hamer, Garbic. Who saw them and thought they were footballers?! They’re all fucking crap. I think Daphne and Celeste had more bona fide hits than our recruitment team! 🤣

Roll on building a new squad with no money and our recruitment team this summer. Probably end up signing someone with one leg at this rate. 🤣😩

I blame Heckingbottom as well

The former left back who allowed us to go into the season with Larouci and Trusty as our options in that area

Everybody involved should be sacked

We then need to go as low risk as possible with our signings in the summer. Solid, proven top 6 championship players and very little else

Scouting and Recruitment, that's a laugh.

It's a tick box exercise without even seeing a player.

Cheap - tick
Can't get a game in a premier League clubs second string, because the players in the second string at Premier League clubs are far too good to come here - Tick
Nobody in the Championship wants him and even some League Once clubs don't want him - Tick
Versatility - Can play equally shit in a number of positions - Tick
Been in trouble with the law and deserves a second chance - Tick
Never quite been able to fit in anywhere else despite numerous chances - We'll have him and turn it all around - Tick

Other than that there is fuck all else considered for any player we show any interest in

“Buy cheap , buy twice”
It’s like our policy is for the Prince/United World to enforce one of their signings on the squad, then when it’s revealed that they are poor quality we sign another player of the managers choosing (on the cheap)

I blame Heckingbottom as well

The former left back who allowed us to go into the season with Larouci and Trusty as our options in that area

Everybody involved should be sacked

We then need to go as low risk as possible with our signings in the summer. Solid, proven top 6 championship players and very little else
Yes he carries the can as well, fucking trusty £5mill !! Absolutely shit!!

Scouting and Recruitment, that's a laugh.

It's a tick box exercise without even seeing a player.

Cheap - tick
Can't get a game in a premier League clubs second string, because the players in the second string at Premier League clubs are far too good to come here - Tick
Nobody in the Championship wants him and even some League Once clubs don't want him - Tick
Versatility - Can play equally shit in a number of positions - Tick
Been in trouble with the law and deserves a second chance - Tick
Never quite been able to fit in anywhere else despite numerous chances - We'll have him and turn it all around - Tick

Other than that there is fuck all else considered for any player we show any interest in
Don’t think Hamer and suaza were cheap

What the fuck is going on? I’ve seen some shite in my time, but the last two windows were unprecedented.

Larouchi, Trusty, Traore, Slimane, Hamer, Garbic. Who saw them and thought they were footballers?! They’re all fucking crap. I think Daphne and Celeste had more bona fide hits than our recruitment team! 🤣

Roll on building a new squad with no money and our recruitment team this summer. Probably end up signing someone with one leg at this rate. 🤣😩
You missed Luke Thomas

Hamer looked pretty good at Coventry
As did Brian Howard from Barnsley.

Without a shadow of doubt, our best scouting in my time was under the Bassett era. He turned rejects into Premiership players, players that would never have quit like the mugs we have today. And he did it on the cheap, time and time again.

With Luke Thomas and Mason Holgate the managers at the time both admitted that they were the only available players in that position with PL experience who were willing to sign for us at that point in time.

That’s the extent of scouting and recruitment going on.

Ooh, stick you

Regarding our scouting, both Hecky and Wilder have been speaking of the incredible amount of work that's gone on behind the scenes.

Then again they've spoken highly and with envy of other teams' scouting set up.

The fact is we know little about how our scouting is done. I guess it could be described as 'hard work' if Paul Mitchell watches hours of non league football on tape while doing sit-ups, but it's surely more than that?

Regarding our scouting, both Hecky and Wilder have been speaking of the incredible amount of work that's gone on behind the scenes.

Then again they've spoken highly and with envy of other teams' scouting set up.

The fact is we know little about how our scouting is done. I guess it could be described as 'hard work' if Paul Mitchell watches hours of non league football on tape while doing sit-ups, but it's surely more than that?
Judging by the players signed, looks like old Paul has been watching a few minutes of highlight reels, while he has his morning coffee. Or Janice the cleaner has picked some random names out of a hat.

we are playing teams that can scout in the Allianz arena and the parc de princes, and camp nou

we scout at 2nd tier grounds

Its a case of if you cant afford players on a minimum on 50k a week you end up like us, with only dreams of competing

We need to rebuild from the back, not for next season ( hopefully our lonnnng injury list will ease) but as a build up towards promotion in the next couple of seasons.
Where is the next
Basham
Baldock
Jagielka
Maguire

They must have speed as well to face up to World class forwards.
Once we stop leaking goals and can feed the midfield then we will get chances to score

Back
Top Bottom