Player Suggestion Sam Field

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hamandcheese

Get them gone
Reaction score
25 y/o QPR midfielder

Won all their awards last season, started every game, and ended up being captain

Tall left footed playmaker who became more of a defensive midfielder last season. Can do both sides of the game well. Played a lot of games over 2 or 3 years now, matured well, and on an upward trajectory. Surely fits our criteria

In our team would probably be best suited to being in the middle of a 3, or on the left of a 2. Also a LCM option in a 3, and can even step in at LCB

One year left on contract - so probably attainable for a reasonable fee

Would be a perfect one to have if we go down, along with the likes of Smallbone and OBrien

CM should take up the bulk of the budget and I'd be pleased if part went on him

I like him.

The only worry would be why all of qprs talented players nearly ended up in league 1. Willock, chair, field - are all ‘above average’ championship midfielders I’d say. But they couldn’t buy a win in 2023

I like him.

The only worry would be why all of qprs talented players nearly ended up in league 1. Willock, chair, field - are all ‘above average’ championship midfielders I’d say. But they couldn’t buy a win in 2023

Because the wazzock in charge is basically a pound shop David Brent with loppy hair. The haka's clearly had the opposite effect..

25 y/o QPR midfielder

Won all their awards last season, started every game, and ended up being captain

Tall left footed playmaker who became more of a defensive midfielder last season. Can do both sides of the game well. Played a lot of games over 2 or 3 years now, matured well, and on an upward trajectory. Surely fits our criteria

In our team would probably be best suited to being in the middle of a 3, or on the left of a 2. Also a LCM option in a 3, and can even step in at LCB

Would be a perfect one to have if we go down, along with the likes of Smallbone and OBrien

He's one of those players I'm aware of but don't recall ever seeing him/noticing him!

25 y/o QPR midfielder

He's potentially a good signing. Steady, reliable, good leader. Also 6ft odd. The one thing would be his injuries. all knee injuries as well.

He's one of those players I'm aware of but don't recall ever seeing him/noticing him!
I've known of him as a decent prospect for a few years, highly thought of at WBA, good passer etc

Never really got going but then in the game at BL when they beat us 1-0, I first noticed him as a defensive midfielder more than anything else - was doing all the important, simple things right all game. Add to that his ability on the ball and it was obvious he is or would become a top championship player.... and so it seems to have proved

I like this call. Whenever you look at the stats for ball winning, he is always up there, plus he can play a bit. My fear is with new contract offers for Fleck and Osborn and extension for Coulibaly, Heckingbottom is only looki g at one CM on the current budget. Not sure Field is that dynic player that replaces Doyle and gets the team moving, more someone to support.

This signing screams Freeman, same club and accolades, makes complete sense on paper... yet why do i feel it could go the same way?

Think that's a really good shout. Remember him at WBA and like it's been said he was pretty highly rated there.

As for his knee injuries he seems to have missed out on the first part of the 21/22 season when he had surgery and then basically played every game since then so I'd say he's recovered well

Screenshot_20230621-155213.png
Screenshot_20230621-155249.png

Got a name that sounds like he couldn’t have gone to school with me and for that I’m out

This signing screams Freeman, same club and accolades, makes complete sense on paper... yet why do i feel it could go the same way?
To be fair to Freeman he was excellent for 2 or 3 games but then Fleck came back, displaced him and then that was that - he lost momentum and sunk

Field seems like a completely different case though. More of a steady, solid and consistent sort from the Midlands, rather than a chubby attacking midfielder from Essex (surely?) who's spent all his career down south. Which type would usually do better for United?

I think Field would be as safe as it gets

Back
Top Bottom