CONFIRMED Sam Curtis signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was in work , and lad texted me and told me he was signing today , before Sir Chris’s presser
He’d trained with a few European teams in the past
nobody was in for him as definitely as us , others were sniffing and kicking tyres but not as concrete as us
He isn’t ready for our first team , he’s a good baller but not Keane or Magrath , the Irish season is finished , and doesn’t start officially till the end of next month
So I don’t see him jumping straight into the first team -squad
No matter how good he thinks he is

Whilst I think we have done well to get him and beaten off competition, I also think this season will be more about acclimatization for the lad and getting up to speed with the rest of the lads. Ive no doubt the lad has talent and is up for it and will be a first team player idc, but I think the chances are he will get a shock at thr standard of football hes coming in to when he is training with the rest of the squad. I think he will get a few appearances but will be working towards the summer for properly challenging for a regular start.

Very much like this signing. Up and coming player likely to be second fiddle but someone we can develop.

Very much like this signing. Up and coming player likely to be second fiddle but someone we can develop.

I think you will find he won't be second fiddle to anyone at Bramall Lane. He'll soon get prime spot in the changing room busking with his Irish fiddle and it's starting to look bleak for Egan now who will just have to sit in the corner looking glum and shouting the odd 'potato' at anyone who looks his way.

Two thoughts,current team and future. Still impressed by a skint club

A good clear bit of succession planning in a position that could be all change in 6 months

We should continue to look for other high quality options for RB/RWB

I'm not saying Sam was swayed by this video or that he has even seen the video or that we've spoken on social media and I sold the club to him and prior to that was still making his mind up. I'm not saying any of that because obviously none of that happened.

Any chance this lad plays rcb? If so I'd be snapping at the 17mil bid for anel so long as we reinvest a chunk of it in other areas

It's the direction we should have been going down for years. Develop our own players from the academy and get good prospects from other clubs/nations to develop them towards the first team.

You only need one or two to come off and it will pay for itself if we uncover a real prospect if they are sold on.

It's the direction we should have been going down for years. Develop our own players from the academy and get good prospects from other clubs/nations to develop them towards the first team.

You only need one or two to come off and it will pay for itself if we uncover a real prospect if they are sold on.
I would argue we have, it just seems there is a bigger budget towards the youth these days.

The trouble with this approach is that as soon as you develop a player to any sort of high potential, the big boys take them away. Unfortunately money talks even at this level of the game.

The trouble with this approach is that as soon as you develop a player to any sort of high potential, the big boys take them away. Unfortunately money talks even at this level of the game.
It does indeed, but what is the alternative?

We've got the lad and that could be a great bit of business for us.

The big clubs had a look and werent too fussed, but we have to be thankful that the Wendy weren't interested in him otherwise this transfer wouldn't have happened 🤣

Stacked on youth prospects now, One, Brooks, Marsh, Arblaster, Curtis, Osula, Jebbison. Crazy.

The future could be very bright indeed
Haven’t we just signed another yoof player from Man City’s academy who was realised by them played U21? Cup game when we beat the Dons

Back
Top Bottom