CONFIRMED Sam Curtis signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely fucking wretched. I used to have to visit there for work a few times per year and I dreaded going. My memory is further tainted by the fact that on one occasion the M1 was closed on my journey home and the diversion took me 9 hours to get back. Never experienced anything like it.

The only places that run it close in the shit hole stakes are Northampton and maybe one or two on the East coast, eg Withernsea.
I can vouch for northampton - and I'll add Swindon.

I was told it was done and dusted
Hopefully that prick Connolly isn’t filling his head full of shite over there
I can understand the lure of first team football at Hull being a higher probability. On the negative side though is that Connolly is there and could be a negative influence. There are quite a few Irish players coming through to clubs in England and generally their attitudes are spot on, which is promising for the ROI team. Generally the Irish lads help each other out and get on well with other. Which I found not to be the case at BL with Connolly when Egan took man and ball in every tackle. It was like Egan became a narky a Jack Robinson.

I can understand the lure of first team football at Hull being a higher probability. On the negative side though is that Connolly is there and could be a negative influence. There are quite a few Irish players coming through to clubs in England and generally their attitudes are spot on, which is promising for the ROI team. Generally the Irish lads help each other out and get on well with other. Which I found not to be the case at BL with Connolly when Egan took man and ball in every tackle. It was like Egan became a narky a Jack Robinson.
My lad knows someone in the Irish set up ( non management ) but very close to the team
Connolly is a first rate prick who thinks he’s better than he is and let’s all non players know it
It could be the reason for Egan’s response and the good hard tackles he put in
Could be a reason he’s sliding down the leagues and Brighton got him out
Look at Ferguson down there , young player learning the ropes , just signed a big contract , to keep him there for a few more years
Another 70 million plus sale for Brighton
Ireland do have some good Yoof coming through but think they’ll always be a pot 3 team

Luton can match it 👍
I agree with that. I used to have a mate that lived there, so I kind of got used to how rough it was. I went last season, parked at the station and was genuinely amazed I got back to the car post-match in one piece. It's an utter shit hole.

Off topic, but I live in Carlton In Lindrick, 5 minute drive to Worksop. Place is an absolute dive. They don't even have a taxi rank anymore it's that dead. Almost like a BBC drama reflection of the north when there's literally drunks at 11am arguing with pigeons about who gets to shit in which corner.

Been awarded 20 million in "levelling up funds" and they've decided to build a bowling alley and indoor trampoline park. Personally, would have preferred they spent it on dynamite to blow the place to bits. Actually prefer going to Dinnington for the local supermarkets... and that is fucking saying something.

Off topic, but I live in Carlton In Lindrick, 5 minute drive to Worksop. Place is an absolute dive. They don't even have a taxi rank anymore it's that dead. Almost like a BBC drama reflection of the north when there's literally drunks at 11am arguing with pigeons about who gets to shit in which corner.

Been awarded 20 million in "levelling up funds" and they've decided to build a bowling alley and indoor trampoline park. Personally, would have preferred they spent it on dynamite to blow the place to bits. Actually prefer going to Dinnington for the local supermarkets... and that is fucking saying something.

Every place I visit in the UK without exception is going downhill fast, although some were starting from a low level anyway. I dread to think what some of these places will look like in 20 years.

Clicked on this thread hoping to get an update on the Sam Curtis signing and instead I'm in floods of tears that my beloved hometown of Worksop (or "The Gateway To The Dukeries" as I affectionately refer to it) is being pulled to bits!

Stay strong fellow Worksopian Blades, we'll get through this tough time.

At least now he's working for Wrexham, you'll not have to put up with that cunt Steve Parkin frequenting the pub as much.

Absolutely fucking wretched. I used to have to visit there for work a few times per year and I dreaded going. My memory is further tainted by the fact that on one occasion the M1 was closed on my journey home and the diversion took me 9 hours to get back. Never experienced anything like it.

The only places that run it close in the shit hole stakes are Northampton and maybe one or two on the East coast, eg Withernsea.

Coventry and Leicester are both in the same general area. Both utter shit, if memory serves (years since I have been, to be fair).

Luton can match it 👍
Luton is shit but only 20mins from st albans, harpenden, berkhamstead, hitchin and kings Cross is about 25 mins away. Has it’s own airport 😉. It has some perks to make up for what is a fairly nasty place.

My lad knows someone in the Irish set up ( non management ) but very close to the team
Connolly is a first rate prick who thinks he’s better than he is and let’s all non players know it
It could be the reason for Egan’s response and the good hard tackles he put in
Could be a reason he’s sliding down the leagues and Brighton got him out
Look at Ferguson down there , young player learning the ropes , just signed a big contract , to keep him there for a few more years
Another 70 million plus sale for Brighton
Ireland do have some good Yoof coming through but think they’ll always be a pot 3 team
Ireland playing better and moving up the rankings would be welcome. It's been brutal for a long time.
That doesn't surprise me regarding Connolly he seems to be another Anthony Stokes and not fulfill his potential. I know a guy who does a lot of security work at games in Ireland. Football Rugby and GAA. It was an eye-opener who he thought were full of themselves and who was really sound. The people in security, canteen, groundsmen etc. they see you and how you behave. Roy Keane, George Hook and Colin Cooper were on the asshole list. Mathew Macklin Simon Zebo and Alan Quinlan were at the top of the sound list. Treat everyone the same and with respect is my way.

Ireland playing better and moving up the rankings would be welcome. It's been brutal for a long time.
That doesn't surprise me regarding Connolly he seems to be another Anthony Stokes and not fulfill his potential. I know a guy who does a lot of security work at games in Ireland. Football Rugby and GAA. It was an eye-opener who he thought were full of themselves and who was really sound. The people in security, canteen, groundsmen etc. they see you and how you behave. Roy Keane, George Hook and Colin Cooper were on the asshole list. Mathew Macklin Simon Zebo and Alan Quinlan were at the top of the sound list. Treat everyone the same and with respect is my way.
Some legends of the game there mate, not counting keane

Clicked on this thread hoping to get an update on the Sam Curtis signing and instead I'm in floods of tears that my beloved hometown of Worksop (or "The Gateway To The Dukeries" as I affectionately refer to it) is being pulled to bits!

Can’t believe the disrespect 🤣 there are some very pleasant parts of Worksop (if you avoid the town centre)

Coventry and Leicester are both in the same general area. Both utter shit, if memory serves (years since I have been, to be fair).

Leicester is a real mixed bag now...quite nice in parts then turn a corner and you are in crack alley...

Bradford definitely the worst place I've been. It has a lot of potential and some really nice buildings in the centre, similar to hull in that it's just gone downhill. Used to be a very wealthy place in the early twenties century.

Off for a night out in Worksop tonight - me and the missus dressing to kill
A vast improvement from the last time I spotted you out on the razzle ! Have you got your jumper tucked in your sta press again 😉

Bradford definitely the worst place I've been. It has a lot of potential and some really nice buildings in the centre, similar to hull in that it's just gone downhill. Used to be a very wealthy place in the early twenties century.
At one stage Bradford had more millionaires per head of population than anywhere outside London

I was in Worksop a few months back.

Tidying up some of my folks’ stuff while my Mum was in hospital. I’ll be forever grateful that when I went into Santander they patiently waited as I bagged up 240 quid of coins I’d managed to amass. Just goes to show how it accumulates.

But yes when you feel that the Wetherspoons is the crown jewel of the centre it does say something.

But then Clumber Park also comes under Worksop and I always found that pleasant so swings and roundabouts.

I hadn’t been there for 20 years and I was surprised how little there actually is to the town centre. A couple of pedestrianised streets and that’s it.

Most of the towns and cities in the midlands are shit tbh.

Back
Top Bottom