CONFIRMED Sam Curtis signs for the Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure if this is classed as a 'development signing' or not, but we seem to be a hell of a lot better at signing players for the U23s than we do the first team.

In recent years we've signed the likes of Brooks, Lankshear, Ndiaye and One from other academies. Three we've made big money from and the other looks like another great prospect.

Does anyone know if Paul Mitchell is in charge of youth recruitment, or is it another team?

Not sure if this is classed as a 'development signing' or not, but we seem to be a hell of a lot better at signing players for the U23s than we do the first team.

In recent years we've signed the likes of Brooks, Lankshear, Ndiaye and One from other academies. Three we've made big money from and the other looks like another great prospect.

Does anyone know if Paul Mitchell is in charge of youth recruitment, or is it another team?
Paul Mitchell doesn’t sign the youth players. David Brooks (I assume you don’t mean David and not Andre), Lankshear, Ndiaye etc were signed by academy staff but I’d say PM had some input in the One signing as there was a biggish fee involved and he was playing 1st team football for Hamilton.

I’d also say this isn’t a development signing as he will be expected to go straight into battling for a 1st team spot, don’t think he’d sign for us tbh unless he was given assurances he would be part of the 1st team squad as there is plenty of clubs after him apparently.

I agree. Add RND to that list too and dare I say it, Ramsdale, who we picked up at 15 from Bolton.

I agree. Add RND to that list too and dare I say it, Ramsdale, who we picked up at 15 from Bolton.
I'm sure I read somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong, that Ramsdale has gone on record that he has to virtually persuade United to sign him as opposed to us wanting him? Just thought that was weird if Ramsdale has said that.

I'm sure I read somewhere, correct me if I'm wrong, that Ramsdale has gone on record that he has to virtually persuade United to sign him as opposed to us wanting him? Just thought that was weird if Ramsdale has said that.
Seems unlikely to have evolved that way.We picked him up after Bolton release him in favour of Jaqqualiyds son ( his father played for Bolton).
That's the story I heard.
I know I spelt it wrong so I don't need telling le Cynique! Spelt that wrong annal 😀👍

Seems unlikely to have evolved that way.We picked him up after Bolton release him in favour of Jaqqualiyds son ( his father played for Bolton).
That's the story I heard.
I know I spelt it wrong so I don't need telling le Cynique! Spelt that wrong annal 😀👍
You spelt my name right, so I’m honoured ;)

I cannot wait for us to sign him, for him to have to start in the event of a Baldock injury, have two mediocre games, then have most of the forum say he's fucking useless, league two standard at best, and that he needs games at Chesterfield

I was told it was done and dusted
Hopefully that prick Connolly isn’t filling his head full of shite over there

Imagine going to hull over Sheffield. I’ve never been to anywhere more depressing than fucking hull 😂

To be fair, there are still plenty of streets, just outside the centre, that appear to have an old school pub on the corner. So if he is basing it on getting drunk, in old school boozers, where you can still walk from one to the next, in just a few minutes, he could (technically) choose Hull.

To be fair, there are still plenty of streets, just outside the centre, that appear to have an old school pub on the corner. So if he is basing it on getting drunk, in old school boozers, where you can still walk from one to the next, in just a few minutes, he could (technically) choose Hull.
Aye, that’s fair comment.. they’ve also got a big aquarium!

Thankfully never been to Luton! Heard it’s a depressing place.

Absolutely fucking wretched. I used to have to visit there for work a few times per year and I dreaded going. My memory is further tainted by the fact that on one occasion the M1 was closed on my journey home and the diversion took me 9 hours to get back. Never experienced anything like it.

The only places that run it close in the shit hole stakes are Northampton and maybe one or two on the East coast, eg Withernsea.

I was sunning myself outside a Hull city centre boozer last summer. I was soon joined by a random guy on a mobility scooter wearing a stetson, who pulled up beside me with Johnny Cash blaring out of his mini speakers. He pulled a can of Magners out of his Aldi bag and started chatting shit.

I made my excuses etc etc....

Back
Top Bottom