Sam Allardyce

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Robbie

Reaction score
My mate has just text me saying he has just been to pick up WBA tickets, and seen Big Sam pulling out of the car park.

Not sure how true this is, but he has usually been reliable with stuff he has told me previously.

Fingers crossed guys.

And no this isn't one of "my" rumours.

Can't see why Big Sam would be at Bramall Lane, as Kev and Robinson are apparently in Brussels. Maybe he was looking at the reduced tubs of Yorkshire crisps in the superstore.

I don't doubt you, one thing that does puzzle me is - why would he be at Lane? Would he not be visiting Brussles?

I don't doubt you, one thing that does puzzle me is - why would he be at Lane? Would he not be visiting Brussles?

Only sharing what I've been told.

A few things that popped in to my mind were that McCabe was coming back to country anyways as flights were delayed.

Secondly, isn't Sam a friend of Robbo, perhaps he is visiting him.

My mate has just text me saying he has just been to pick up WBA tickets, and seen Big Sam pulling out of the car park.

Not sure how true this is, but he has usually been reliable with stuff he has told me previously.

Fingers crossed guys.

heard the same thing apart from coleman and that he got rushed into the musem, heard it on 606 so :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed guys.

what like your mate saw glen whelan at bramall lane? :rolleyes:

Sam Allardyce as manager? Please God, no.

seconded

heard today that it said on 606 that robson had been sacked, and that dowie was being lined up by McCabe.................

if that is so then im out. :cry2:

good god ian dowie, rather have a bath in the toilet. Big Sam would deserve a chance i think, yeah he had a shit time at newcastle, but he worked wonders at Bolton and he could do that for anyone else.

Anyways, it's all speculation cos i can't see Robson going before end of season anyway.

Before Saturday I honestly believed he had until end of the season, however I believe a few more performances like that and he will be gone gone gone.

Really? I think the point of no return has been passed and there's only one outcome.

I keep changing my mind about this mate, I can't decide whether or not he'll be going any time soon. I think it will become more apparant in the next 24 hours where we stand with him, if we win tonight then I get the feeling he'll get a (further) stay of execution. A defeat tonight and it's probably good night from him.

If McCabe had the intention of sacking, why leave it until Wednesday? He would have got him there on Sunday or Monday to do the deed. Of course business commitments may have prevented this, but I'm sure he would've altered his schedule for something so important.

In my opinion, he either wanted to wait on the WBA result and decide after that, or he is issuing the final ultimatum to one or possibly both of them. All other departments of Sheffield United PLC seem to be working in a very succesful and positive way, but the football board are not operating in the same way. As chair of that, Robinson may well be being called to account for what is going wrong, as I understand things Robson was his choice (as was Brian Kidd, going against Warnock I'm led to believe) and he persuaded McCabe to by-pass the conventions of recruitment and not conduct interviews; and as manager Robson is ultimately responsible for what happens on the pitch.

I think a defeat tonight may be the end for him, but McCabe is intensely proud of the very different approach at SUFC to most other clubs and he may well give him more time. I don't buy the idea that the cup run may save him as I think McCabe has other priorities that will far out-weigh anything a cup run brings.

If anything happens, I anticipate a fairly major shake-up of things, with more than the manager being relieved of their duties!

If McCabe had the intention of sacking, why leave it until Wednesday? He would have got him there on Sunday or Monday to do the deed. Of course business commitments may have prevented this, but I'm sure he would've altered his schedule for something so important.

In my opinion, he either wanted to wait on the WBA result and decide after that, or he is issuing the final ultimatum to one or possibly both of them. All other departments of Sheffield United PLC seem to be working in a very succesful and positive way, but the football board are not operating in the same way. As chair of that, Robinson may well be being called to account for what is going wrong, as I understand things Robson was his choice (as was Brian Kidd, going against Warnock I'm led to believe) and he persuaded McCabe to by-pass the conventions of recruitment and not conduct interviews; and as manager Robson is ultimately responsible for what happens on the pitch.

I think a defeat tonight may be the end for him, but McCabe is intensely proud of the very different approach at SUFC to most other clubs and he may well give him more time. I don't buy the idea that the cup run may save him as I think McCabe has other priorities that will far out-weigh anything a cup run brings.

If anything happens, I anticipate a fairly major shake-up of things, with more than the manager being relieved of their duties!
For the most part SEB, I agree. I just think that the decision on Robson has been made already. Even if we win by 3 goals tonight, even if there's a cock up and we get 6 points from tonight's game, I think he's a goner. I also reckon, regardless of the spiel, Robson doesn't want this anymore. How could you motivate yourself in the face of such adversity.

Even if we win by 3 goals tonight, even if there's a cock up and we get 6 points from tonight's game, I think he's a goner.

I heard that it had to be a convincing win or he would be given the boot today.

Not sure if a point will buy him some reprieve but I think it's only a matter of time before he leaves.

Back
Top Bottom