Rotherham v Middlesbrough and Blackburn v Luton. The alternate universe where these games still matter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Boro imploded like weeds did
We had a wobble, but kept sturdy under the pressure, Hecky and Macca and big Jack kept taking the heat off the players during the wobble and then on the run in.
They made the whole squad and the club believe in themselves. Despite all the off field shit going on.

In hindsight, I’m not even sure we had a ‘wobble’. Since October, there have only been two occasions where we’ve gone two consecutive games without a win (losses against Boro and Millwall, and draws against Wrexham and Rotherham). Otherwise, we have responded to any bad result with an immediate win, every time. That shows really good character, attitude and management.

Good win for Rotherham today, well done

Staying in the championship on a relatively shoestring budget, is a fine achievement. That said I'd suggest they could suffer from 2nd season syndrome in 23/24.
Still they've got visits to and from Leeds and Everton to look forward to.

Makes a total farce of Carrick getting put forward over Hecky.

14 behind and could be 17 before the weekend.

Not sure it has quite panned out according to the credit he was prematurely given. Hecky did it all season and rode the blips. It was all well and good having a run for a few months but the à championship is about being consistent over a much longer period.

I wonder if the panel knew they’d be so far off they’d still have put him forward.

Robins has done well, but given the strength of their finish has he done better than Rob Edwards at Luton?

A strong case for not overthinking and going with the current top three for a number of reasons.

I called it after Middlesbrough lost to Sunderland. They lost their air of invincibility then.

This was from Feb

Amari bell could be a shout at lcb /lwb cover
Wonder how much he'd cost

Gap could be 20 points in final table
Bet all those who were spaffing in their undies a few weeks ago feel silly now
Think those wi wet clahts were pointing out that our midfield was shite when Norwood , Fleck and a underperforming Berge were involved, and were rightly concerned till Doyle and Macca started playing more oft , but when you have clap you cant see these things

Think those wi wet clahts were pointing out that our midfield was shite when Norwood , Fleck and a underperforming Berge were involved, and were rightly concerned till Doyle and Macca started playing more oft , but when you have clap you cant see these things
What you think and what is reality are further apart than the gap between me posting and you stalking me with some inane drivel

If we can’t get Doyle back I think Szymodics of Blackburn is a similar player

Back
Top Bottom