Rotherham - now easier game?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think it’s based on attendances. The championship is the 5th most watched league in Europe. It doesn’t make it the fifth best. It’s probably the most competitive as a lot of the smaller top leagues have decent quality at the top but some poor teams at the bottom end, like the Eriedivisie. Even ligue un and the Bundesliga have some poor teams at the lower end. I don’t think there’s a second tier in the rest of Europe that’s anywhere near as strong. I’ve watched some Bundesliga 2 and it’s not as good as the championship.
If it’s based on attendances then that really is meaningless in terms of quality of football. Take your point about depth in English leagues and it being a good spectacle due to the open competition (anyone could get promoted), but none of that adds up to it being a better quality of football than other European first divisions.

Though as I say I’m not in a position to comment on the quality of European leagues - other than Champions League I don’t really engage with it.

As I said then, hurty words. He's a cunt for his career ending challenge on Whitehouse. In a nutshell that's it.

He's a cunt for never apologising..

It's an unwritten rule, you hurt a fellow professional, you go see them and put it straight, not doing it when the challenge was a career ender, that's an even bigger disgrace..

He's not a real man in my eyes, he's a coward..

He's rightfully hated, still.

Sordell never apologised to Coutts and that was nasty. Was allover social media about his MH though. Prick

Surprised he’s been at Rotherham for so long and not been poached.

Really pleased for Warne. He’s gone down a division but now manages a reasonably big club.

Shame for Rosenior at Derby, think he was well liked by the fans but the powers that be obviously want promotion this season and have gone for someone with experience of success from div 1.
Warne is a class act from what I’ve seen and heard of him. Shame for Toytowm but inevitable really.

I've not seen many if any worse. It's not on YouTube that game but I recall seeing it and from memory Ainsworth boot came in knee high and took Whitehouse out, he didn't stand a chance of avoiding the collision. Santos' challenge as bad as it was, as a comparison, was lower down so you could jump out the way but not with the Ainsworth one which from the side is harder to avoid. I'm sure Ainsworth didn't mean to injure him but it was still a horrible tackle. As we can all agree on, it was the lack of apology that has been the issue.

Manager wise for Rotherham, if I was a Miller, I'd much prefer O'Neil the recently sacked stoke boss, he did brilliantly for Northern Ireland. Ainsworths' sides are awful to watch, very apt at the dark arts, long ball, ten men behind the ball, make it difficult and sneak a counter attack goal and then time waste! I get that Wycombe are a small club so he tries to narrow the gap with said tactics but I'd not want to watch that every week. Maybe if you're a wycombe fan you revel in it as underdogs, but it's the cheating and time wasting that is poor sportsmanship to the extent he does it with his team. You can tell he played for John Beck for years and then Wimbledon in his career!
The narrative is he stuck a nasty one on one of our players, ended his career and never apologised or acknowledged it. I suspect you don’t hear of it from our players as they’d be honourable enough to do the right thing and hold their hands up.
Remember a bloke called Georges Santos? A pre meditated attempt at a career ender yet lauded in some quarters. Funny old game innit?

Back
Top Bottom