Robinson over Trusty?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

William Carey

Reaction score
Keep seeing fans saying “Trusty needs to play” “Why no Trusty?”. Robinson has been the best defender this season from the first two games, wouldn’t say he’s put a foot wrong, and the 2 goals that have come from the left hand side is due to Lowe’s stupid errors.

Why does Robinson keep being selected over Trusty? Long throw ability, we can create a chance out of nothing and score a scrappy goal through Jack’s long throws, and against a team like City today this is one of those games where we need player traits like Jack has got to launch a ball into the six yard box to cause problems.

He had a shocker v guirassy so.im not overly confident he will do better v headland and alavarez especially with Evans propensity for passing responsibility onto others and Robinsons appealing defending in the semi still fresh in our minds

He had a shocker v guirassy so.im not overly confident he will do better v headland and alavarez especially with Evans propensity for passing responsibility onto others and Robinsons appealing defending in the semi still fresh in our minds
hE hAd A sHoCkEr iN a FrIeNdlY

Trusty will get his chance, there’s no rush though as Robinson has done OK so far - don’t really think we can apportion too much blame to him for any of the goals we’ve conceded so far.

I'm comfortable with the idea of Trusty playing at LWB. I think Ozzy is okay in the middle third, but struggles defensively in a number of scenarios. Trusty has played LB before plenty, so I think we don't lose anything but potentially gain plenty if he does play.

Could Trusty do a job at LWB?

I don't blame him for Haaland's goal. Think he was excellent today.

Would definitely try Trusty at LWB though.

Trusty needs to be considered for LWB

Lincoln game could be a good time to experiment

Like I said on this post, long throws are vital, today showed that, a goal from nothing. He’s been unreal so far this season in terms of staying consistent and not making any mistakes.

You can tell we got Robbo from Forest. Dirty. But I kind of like it. His throw-ins are better than corners. He's in-form. He stays put for the time being.

On a side note, I would love to see Robinson v Bromby in a throw-in contest.

You can tell we got Robbo from Forest. Dirty. But I kind of like it. His throw-ins are better than corners. He's in-form. He stays put for the time being.

On a side note, I would love to see Robinson v Bromby in a throw-in contest.
We all know Bromby wins don't we😉

Great game from JLT today. I celebrated his crunching tackle to give away a corner almost as much as Gus's fantastic goal.

Does anyone know what Robb's yellow was for though? Seemed to be for Son not being ten yards. Bizarre.

Robbo was outstanding yesterday. My MOTM.

Can Trusty play in the middle and we put Anel back on the right? Not sure I want Bash there again, so maybe this could be a solution?
Trusty's a 6 foot 3 defender, surely he's capable of playing in the middle

Why doesn’t he always take throw-ins from the right?

It’s a weapon we should always use whenever possible.

I'm sticking my neck here for no reason, but I think Robbo might be fit and might even start today.
I listen to ever Wilder interview now I have a longer drive to work, and last week it was 'we'll give him every chance to make it (Brentford)" and now it's "he's out".

Something new might have cropped up or it might be worse than first expected, but I think Wilder is sick of having his team pretty much pick itself, and the opposition knowing who's playing before they even announce it at 2pm.
He's our captain and leader and I think him making a suprise return might give us all a lift, and certainly strike a bit of uncertainty into the minds of some of their players that don't fancy a heavy tackle.

I'm sticking my neck here for no reason, but I think Robbo might be fit and might even start today.
I listen to ever Wilder interview now I have a longer drive to work, and last week it was 'we'll give him every chance to make it (Brentford)" and now it's "he's out".

Something new might have cropped up or it might be worse than first expected, but I think Wilder is sick of having his team pretty much pick itself, and the opposition knowing who's playing before they even announce it at 2pm.
He's our captain and leader and I think him making a suprise return might give us all a lift, and certainly strike a bit of uncertainty into the minds of some of their players that don't fancy a heavy tackle.

I think Bogle and Robbo are done for this season.

I think Bogle and Robbo are done for this season.
I reckon Bogle is, and although Robbo's injury looked worse (and he's hard as nails) It seems strange that he was in contention last week but not this.
Could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom