Ritchie de Laet

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
On his way in according SSN...

Skysports.com understands Sheffield United are lining up a loan swoop for Manchester United defender Ritchie de Laet.

Blades boss Gary Speed is keen to bolster his squad and he has moved to try and bring in De Laet on a three-month deal.

A number of clubs in the Championship, League One and SPL are all thought to have enquired about signing De Laet on loan, but it appears the Blades have won the race for his signature

The Belgium international has made six first-team appearances for United since arriving from Stoke in January 2009 and he is highly regarded within the corridors of Old Trafford.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is happy to let De Laet leave on loan so that he can get valuable first-team action under his belt with his chances limited in the the Red Devils' starting XI.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11683_6396470,00.html?

Interesting. Another defender. Other areas need more strengthening I think we all agree, but nice to see some movement.

Disagree. Three centre-halves. One injured, one inexperienced and one frightening. Like the idea of sorting the back out and going forward from there.

You'd start an argument with a crisp packet.

What part of my point do you disagree with?

I'm with the mulled wine supplier on this one.

I think we might be looking at a defender, midfielder and someone upfront either onloan or certainly in January. We need different players if we really are going to kick "hooof" into touch.

A defender who can pass a ball would be a start, a midfielder who can cover Willo until he is back, and a forward with pace to play outwide.

Diego Bishewar from Feyenoord Rotterdam is a winger, attacking midfielder, and we had him play for us vs Tienen and Helmond Sport in preseason 2008 or 2009. He s not playing at the moment, has a disagreement with his coach, would strength our team,,,,

I'm with Raul on this one. Build from the back, turn us back into a team thats hard to beat and have the back up on the bench in case we get injuries and suspensions

I agree with the build from the back philosophy but I think it needs to be with our players and not loans. We could end up with an amazing back four who keep out everything but then they all leave at the end of the season and then we have to start again.

Pace is the main thing we're missing, we can field a decent back four now but we cant field 1 let alone 2 pacey wingers (counting Wardy as a striker)

I agree with the build from the back philosophy but I think it needs to be with our players and not loans. We could end up with an amazing back four who keep out everything but then they all leave at the end of the season and then we have to start again.

Or even in January if it's only a three month loan. Everything was going well with Cahill under Robbo remember before he was snapped up by Bolton in the transfer window.

Speeds been playing Football Manager. I bought this guy on their for the Blades and he got young player of the year in the Championship for me:D

Watched him in a cup game for Man Utd, may have been against Barnsley. He came on as a sub if I remember correctly, and was awful. Hopefully it was just a one off nightmare and he'll have improved now.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

You'd start an argument with a crisp packet.

What part of my point do you disagree with?

There you go again.

Just leave it m8.

I don't get you two. Is this friendly teasing or is there a need for a kiss and make up?

I'm John Lennon to his Mark Chapman.

I just think it's a shame people can't just stick to the issues without resorting to petty insults Bergen.

I'm with Bergen. More in-jokes than BU. Tricky forum to follow sometimes.

I'm John Lennon to his Mark Chapman.

I just think it's a shame people can't just stick to the issues without resorting to petty insults Bergen.

I'm with Bergen. More in-jokes than BU. Tricky forum to follow sometimes.

Raul and Houso have both been great posters on various Blades boards for years, and have somehow gone from being very friendly to now not getting on, and I think it's sad. How about starting fresh, and leave the bitching for bitches?

Regarding the topic I agree with Houso that I'd have personally prefered a winger/striker with pace, rather than another defender; Raul, don't forget Ertl should also be capable at centre half. Having said that, I can see nothing wrong with Raul's post, he just puts forward his differing view, and there's no need for Houso to reply like that; very much out of character.

I recognised the name "Raul" from BU, but not Houso. I dunno, this whole place annoys me at times. One of the things regulars used to moan about when the BU lot first moved across was cliquey in jokes, but it's fairly often I see stuff that I just don't understand, centred around the Golden Lion. I just tend to assume anything I don't get is down to that and ignore it - I assumed this pair fell into that category.

Anyhoo, I have no preferences with regard the squad. I don't buy into the whole "we need this, so this and only is what we must get". Any improvement is an improvement. Yes we need X and Y but if we get a C that is fractionally better than A and B, you can't complain. Improvement is improvement. So let's hope this kid is an improvement.

You'd think that someone like Ollesandro, who likes a good moan about our signings but who also likes his stats, would appreciate that extra 2 or 3% improvement can add up to a lot in the long term.

why are sky sports reporting Leeds have signed Ritchie De Laet on a 30 day loan ?? have i missed something as OS says we have him ?

Bergs. You warm my heart. And don't worry, it's all playful banter (oi oi). Of course, Raul idolises and stalks me consistently, but I take that as a compliment. We're as tight as ever.

Mod. That hurt. That REALLY hurt.

Fear not Bergs, whilever he's paying me to help bump up his post replies, I'll be there for him.

First Fleety, now MTG Houso - it's not going very well is it?

Have we signed him or Leeds?
Cant see why Leeds would have signed him when its confirmed on our OS?

Next time you come up, I'd like a pack of the M and S jam scones please.
I once bought a pack of the S and M scones thinking it was just extra whipped cream. I still occasionally wake up in cold sweats to this very day.

Back
Top Bottom