RIP SIR BOBBY CHARLTON

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One of the few guys in football nobody would say a bad word about. RIP

Sir Bobby Charlton you will be remembered for being a great player for club and country and for being a humble human being.

I hope he is having a minutes silence at tonights game,he deserves it.

God Bless.

RIP Bobby . The term legend is banded about to frequently. Being born early sixties we had our football heroes pictured on our bedroom walls and I bet I was not the only one that didn’t just have players from SUFC on there . Best , Charlton , Lee and Bobby Moore were all on there with the likes of TC and Len Badger . Christ there’re all gone now apart from Tony makes you feel far too old .
RIP

Blades fans.
Of all the football clubs in the UK we have the honour of being one of the first to pay ours and the whole of football's respect to this incredible footballer.
Kane and Rooney would never have broken his England scoring record had they played with a ball like Sir Bobby did.
Incidentally we were the club he played his last home game against in 1973.

Didn’t we play them in his last home game at Old Trafford (we won, I think)?
Yes 2-1?. Hope it is an omen tonight. It will all be about Man U, yawn fest but Sir Bobby WAS the greatest English player. Better than Stan.

Bobby Charlton , the best English player in my time of watching football, in a world where the words legend and great are used to decribe some average players, today marks the passing of a true legend and great of the game, RIP Bobby

Just had to have a "conversation" with a Manu fan, he was singing "We all love Bobby Charlton" and I was thinking yeah, mate I'll go with that, then followed it up by "fuck Sheff United" 🤦‍♂️

What a player and what a man, rip Sir Bobby. Thanks for all the memories.

Brilliant player with iconic hairstyle. Met him pre game 2006 at the lane. Such a Nice gentleman..actually talked to him in his rolls with driver and wife stuck in traffic outside bdtbl. Memories.

I don't want to reduce the quality of this tribute thread to Sir Bobby but there was an irony last night when one of our fans ran to the side of the pitch remonstrating at the Man Utd players for diving.

Sir Bobby would never have stooped so low.

We talk about 'great' players in the Premier league. They're not fit to lace his boots.

RIP Sir Bobby.

For the Germans Schnellinger, Schulz, Weber, Beckenbauer, Overath and Held are still around
While Geoff Hurst is the last of the 11 who played in the final. Terry Paine, Ian Callaghan and George Eastham from the squad are all still alive. Paine and Callaghan both played in the Group games. Strange fact about Ian Callaghan is that he next played for England in 1977. I think it's the longest gap between appearances.

RIP Bobby. A true legend. Feel lucky to have seen him play at the Lane.

Surviving the Munich disaster and then going on to become a great footballer and human-being meant that he transcended football and its rivalries. My love of Bobby Charlton (I was 10 at the time of the Munich disaster) became complete a couple of years later when (as was common practice) I sent a colour picture and stamped addressed envelope to him asking for his autograph, and a few weeks later it was returned, and took pride of place in my album. I reckon about 30% of footballers responded. RIP

I don't want to reduce the quality of this tribute thread to Sir Bobby but there was an irony last night when one of our fans ran to the side of the pitch remonstrating at the Man Utd players for diving.

Sir Bobby would never have stooped so low.
Indeed. He would have just stayed in his seat looking dignified and wouldn't have risked a ban by running on to the pitch to make comedic gestures towards opposition players.

When I was an apprentice , I used to work in Rotherham , all the men there were constantly taking the piss , one day , one of the blokes said that's Bobby Charlton's brother there working on that vehicle , " yer like fuck it is " , took me 5 months to believe them and even after asking him I didn't believe him . Lovely bloke Tommy Charlton

Back
Top Bottom