Richard Keogh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Latters

Reaction score
I know he isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but he was outstanding today (well, technically yesterday, but I’ve not been to bed yet, so it’s today). He put his body on the line, led his defence well and threw himself in front of everything that came his way as well as making some great blocks. He is the type of player we are missing.

Our fans seem to love Egan, and he has been good for us, but he has a soft streak and has been found wanting ever since O’Connell’s injury. We need an experienced, gritty, determined old centre half to see us through games like today, and the many others where we’ve conceded a soft goal late on.

I know he isn’t everybody’s cup of tea, but he was outstanding today (well, technically yesterday, but I’ve not been to bed yet, so it’s today). He put his body on the line, led his defence well and threw himself in front of everything that came his way as well as making some great blocks. He is the type of player we are missing.

Our fans seem to love Egan, and he has been good for us, but he has a soft streak and has been found wanting ever since O’Connell’s injury. We need an experienced, gritty, determined old centre half to see us through games like today, and the many others where we’ve conceded a soft goal late on.
Agree about Keogh, but to be fair the goals we’ve conceded late on ain’t been soft, I’d call them worldies, never to be repeated by the goal scorers again, Olsen must think “ sxxt, not another”. The moral is , if you don’t shoot, you don’t score. Something we don’t do , we always over cook our possession , lose the ball , get caught on the break and concede to a wonder goal,ish. But yes Keogh played and organised his defence very well.

Ever since JoC went we have sorely missed a physically dominant CB.
Bash is a hero but at 6'4" he is not muscular enough to be aerially dominant.
Egan is too short.
Davies is a weakling thank God he's only loaned.
We are soft as shit at the back , in a division where at the other end of the pitch refs let opposition CBs bully our crap selection of strikers.
After 2 years PL money how can our first choice strkers be 2 old men one of whom was £500k and the other a free transfer ?
Meanwhile Alexander Mitrovic bullies defences and scores for fun.
If Le Petit Prince doesn't take action to slash and burn this tired squad in January we'll be back where we were when he put his £1 in.
He's a nice guy but I wonder if he has the money and the balls to deal with a toxic squad ?
If he doesn't there was no point getting Slav in (unless he was the only applicant who couldn't see the car crash coming with the squad as it was at the time)

Couldn't agree more! We just don't have one.
Lopata could be the one but our need is now ! He's not ready yet.
Hopefully SJ agrees and we get one ! In the window.
I think we can see now why Brentford let Egan go ! Not comfortable in a back four.
He's a warrior but lacks the physicality we need in the middle.
It's obviouse SJ is sticking with his 4 at the back which maybe means Egan is not the man .

Agree about Keogh, but to be fair the goals we’ve conceded late on ain’t been soft, I’d call them worldies, never to be repeated by the goal scorers again, Olsen must think “ sxxt, not another”. The moral is , if you don’t shoot, you don’t score. Something we don’t do , we always over cook our possession , lose the ball , get caught on the break and concede to a wonder goal,ish. But yes Keogh played and organised his defence very well.

We do shoot occasionally its just our shots are high or wide or high and wide.

I really don’t like Keogh, but agree that he was exceptional yesterday. However poorly we played, he was the difference between a loss and a win. I wouldn’t want him playing for us, though.
Think we made him look good, with our soft as shit approach, in fact we would make Nosworthy look good and that's a statement I thought I'd never make!!

The whole spine of the team is soft as shite & we are not learning from our mistakes , they need someone up top who can hold the ball up ( as Madine did for them yesterday) a ball winner with some height in midfield & a dominant CB if we want to compete in this league .

We do shoot occasionally its just our shots are high or wide or high and wide.
They are always high and wide, but they only shoot when they hear the crowd shout" Shooot". Then they rush their shot and , High, wide and not very handsome.

They are always high and wide, but they only shoot when they hear the crowd shout" Shooot". Then they rush their shot and , High, wide and not very handsome.

Was it Wilder or a previous manager who said that our players need to be a little smarter and calmer when they hear the fans shout "shoooot!". Whoever it was (Clough maybe?) I think it is advice worth repeating. Don't have a dig because the Kop told you to, that never ends well.

Perhaps if we defended outside our box not just in it hen the chance to hit “worldies “ would not arise ?

Keogh was solid yesterday. He defended well and held the defence together.

Our two continue took flimsy an easy to get through.

Davies is a 'nice' player but will be no more than a mid table Champ CB at best unless he develops a mean streak and some physicality to his pretty control.

I thought Egan may go on and be an established Prem player. I looked at Keane, Tarkowski, Minds, Godfrey etc and thought he was similar level after that first season.

Couldn't have been any more wrong. He's not even a solid Champ centre half any more. In fact if we sold him now we would not even get our money back.

He is not a leader or someone that holds the defence together.

His and Baldock's decline been startling.

Maybe both in a 10 year+ career just had a 2 season purple patch but are ultimately.

It looks like they are Champ/League One players....where they played most of their career. Ditto for eck, Stevens, Norwood etc

There's an argument both centre backs need to be replaced but there are such weaknesses everywhere and no competition this does not seem to be an opinion mooted.

Sadly we have noone to bring in. Jack Robinson and a few kids is all we have. Basham surely deserves a run for Egan now though? People will say he can't play in a 2 but these 2 cant either! We are not going to sign 2 cash signings January to replace them. Davies will play no matter what due his loan fee.

I do think for all the critique of the midfield these two seem to get away scot free with criticism. Many of the goals come right down the middle or in our box with them often nowhere to be seen.

Keogh was solid yesterday. He defended well and held the defence together.

Our two continue took flimsy an easy to get through.

Davies is a 'nice' player but will be no more than a mid table Champ CB at best unless he develops a mean streak and some physicality to his pretty control.

I thought Egan may go on and be an established Prem player. I looked at Keane, Tarkowski, Minds, Godfrey etc and thought he was similar level after that first season.

Couldn't have been any more wrong. He's not even a solid Champ centre half any more. In fact if we sold him now we would not even get our money back.

He is not a leader or someone that holds the defence together.

His and Baldock's decline been startling.

Maybe both in a 10 year+ career just had a 2 season purple patch but are ultimately.

It looks like they are Champ/League One players....where they played most of their career. Ditto for eck, Stevens, Norwood etc

There's an argument both centre backs need to be replaced but there are such weaknesses everywhere and no competition this does not seem to be an opinion mooted.

Sadly we have noone to bring in. Jack Robinson and a few kids is all we have. Basham surely deserves a run for Egan now though? People will say he can't play in a 2 but these 2 cant either! We are not going to sign 2 cash signings January to replace them. Davies will play no matter what due his loan fee.

I do think for all the critique of the midfield these two seem to get away scot free with criticism. Many of the goals come right down the middle or in our box with them often nowhere to be seen.
Egan played Anderson onside for their goal as well while we’re having a dig.

I love Keogh ,hes a character , a genuine eccentric ,not always very good ,but good for football.

Not sure if this is overstating things but JO’C was probably our most important player.

Easy to say now as him being injured and us declining has coincided, but not only was he a physically dominant player, but he was absolutely crucial to the Wilder formation being successful (as was Basham btw and I still can’t believe he’s missing out every week).

I’m gutted for him that it looks more and more likely that he won’t come back from this.

He seemed to be having a laugh with fans on the Kop in the second half, not sure what it was about.

This team is crying out for a couple of enforcers.

One in the place of John Egan who gets done repeatedly by that big ball over his head.

And one in the engine room to win the ball back and give it to the technical player next to him.

The current team are as a soft as rotten, out of date vegetables, which to be fair is a good discription for a couple of them.

Back
Top Bottom