Richard Cresswell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladesman

The Great Grumbleduke
Reaction score
Heard he could be signing for us soon.

I hope not.

He's been linked regularly over the last few years, seems to just be an ever repeating rumour.

Given the amount of gloom this rumour seems to have created, I'd go for yes, we will be signing him...

Richard Cresswell is signing for us according to Richard Cresswell.

Struggle to understand why we're signing a striker like him. While we're wondering if Henderson and Evans are too similar we're going for a player who's a cross between them??

I think its very likely. Stoke are overloaded with strikers and Blackwell clearly wants a back up to Hendo (hence we had Beattie on loan at the end of last season). He's done alright in this division before but it would be a disaster. Nobody wants him and as an ex pig the fans would be on his back sharpish if it didn't work out. If we're gonna get anyone from Stoke I'd have Sidibe.

We've been linked with Richard Creswell every transfer window for about 6 years now, if it was going to happen I'm sure it would have by now.

Remember being delighted when he chose Leeds ahead of us back in the promotion season, didn't want him then and I think he's scored about 20 goals in the 4 and a bit years since then. One good season for PNE, 32 years old, really can't see the point.

For the love of christ NO!!!

Cheap as chips option IMO!

Not sure he's cheap at all. Will probably cost something and be on very high wages.

His goal record the last few years isn't great, although to be fair to him, he's played out wide most of the time. I think many view him as an out and out target man like Henderson, but he's a bit more mobile than that, very hard working, but not as strong or good in the air.

Again work rate seems to be a very important attribute for Blackwell, even for strikers.

Remember being delighted when he chose Leeds ahead of us back in the promotion season, didn't want him then and I think he's scored about 20 goals in the 4 and a bit years since then. One good season for PNE, 32 years old, really can't see the point.

Backup to the strikers would appear to be the point. Bearing in mind that Hendo and Ched appear to be the preferred pair,and we don't appear to have big money to spend,who else would you suggest as back up who has Creswell's level of experience ?

The typical Blades fan way,critisise before seeing someone play....bit like many did with Shipperley

I wasn't happy seeing him linked back in 2005, but that was when he potentially would have been joining to be 1st choice. I doubt that would be the case here, and as a back-up for Hendo, I would say that in Evans, Hendo, Ward and Cresswell we would have a decent enough mix. I would be very weary of devoting much of our limited resources to bring him in though.

The move is dependent on us moving someone out, presumably Sharp. If we match what he's on at Stoke, I'd guess he'd be in the top 2 or 3 earners at the Lane.

Back
Top Bottom