Retrospective bookings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bertieblade

Reaction score
Every aspect of a match is covered by numerous cameras which should provide the authorities with information about players who break laws. Indeed it does but they do nothing about it.
Players dive to win fouls and penalties commit fouls off the ball and “get away” with it yet there is evidence.
Surely now is the time for an independent panel to review every match and issue retrospective bookings. If players know that they will be held accountable for each and every action it would surely “clean the game up”?

Every aspect of a match is covered by numerous cameras which should provide the authorities with information about players who break laws. Indeed it does but they do nothing about it.
Players dive to win fouls and penalties commit fouls off the ball and “get away” with it yet there is evidence.
Surely now is the time for an independent panel to review every match and issue retrospective bookings. If players know that they will be held accountable for each and every action it would surely “clean the game up”?
If only it was that easy,pushing and Shoving is endemic in the game .

the law states no arms should be used in physical contact just a shoulder to shoulder confrontation.
just how do you make that stick when refs ignore most of it.

The deleting of obstruction is another bug bear.

Pickford isn't even getting retrospective action for his tackle that put Virgil van Dijk out for the season

Pickford isn't even getting retrospective action for his tackle that put Virgil van Dijk out for the season
That incident was the type of decision which VAR should have corrected. The incident that led to our penalty would have probably gone unnoticed and hardly mentioned if it hadn't gone to VAR. Where is the consistency?

The diving, shirt pulling, feigning injury, missed dangerous tackle, etc, etc should be punished retrospectively. I'd almost rather see no VAR and replace it with retrospective punishment and point deductions.

Couldn’t agree more. Was only talking about this yesterday myself!

I simply can’t fathom the way corners are defended. Players wrapping arms around their man, right in front of the refs, stopping them running let alone jumping but no action is ever taken. If that had gone on back in the day there’d have been a punch up every game!
I thought there was supposed to have been a hard focus on cutting it out last season? Lasted about as long as the similar initiative designed to stop players surrounding the ref every time a decision is given.

I simply can’t fathom the way corners are defended. Players wrapping arms around their man, right in front of the refs, stopping them running let alone jumping but no action is ever taken. If that had gone on back in the day there’d have been a punch up every game!
I thought there was supposed to have been a hard focus on cutting it out last season? Lasted about as long as the similar initiative designed to stop players surrounding the ref every time a decision is given.
The line of "if we gave penalties for that we would have 20 penalties a game" annoys me. So what if we did have 20? It would cut it out.

If only it was that easy,pushing and Shoving is endemic in the game .

the law states no arms should be used in physical contact just a shoulder to shoulder confrontation.
just how do you make that stick when refs ignore most of it.
thats the main problem that started the call for VAR, Refs ignoring the blatant fouls and cheating! We all know refs are only human but they dont use the laws of the game when they are officiating, and then of course they dont get called upon to explain their decision process. (or not that gets shown in the media)

thats the main problem that started the call for VAR, Refs ignoring the blatant fouls and cheating! We all know refs are only human but they dont use the laws of the game when they are officiating, and then of course they dont get called upon to explain their decision process. (or not that gets shown in the media)
Tired of saying/reading this but why oh why can’t football follow rugby and link the officials mics to commentary?. Some big decisions in the European Championship final on Saturday. Exter vs Racing reffed by the the superlative Nigel Owens. We all heard what he was saying to the players and the 4th official, nothing to hide, perfectly transparent and no one gets any more upset than a commentator possibly saying “that’s a bit harsh”.

Back
Top Bottom