Relegation run in - Last 10

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

mattbianco1

Forum Royalty
Reaction score
Fixtures remaining for all teams in the relegation battle

1710172136058.png

Some interesting games left.
Here's the # of games against the other rivals..

Brentford - 4 games. 3 away
Everton - 5 games. 4 at home
Forest - 4 games. All away
Luton - 3 games. All at home
Burnley - 4 games. 2 each
United - 4 games. 2 each

Everton and Luton having 4 & 3 games against the other rivals at home could be crucial for them
Everton have to play all other rivals

If Luton fail to win at Bournemouth and lose to Forest, the relegation battle is pretty much over before it's begun.

A fairly optimistic view gives us 25 points by the end of the season.

5 games that are realistically winnable (Fulham, Brentford, Burnley, Forest, Everton), we might win 3 if we're very lucky and even if we get a couple of draws, it won't even be close.

Mathematically down with 3 games to go is my prediction but if we didn't give so many goals away late in games, this rabble of a team could have been in with a squeak of a chance with another 5 points on the board, especially having gifted points to Luton and Forest.

Would be nice to see Forest dragged into it properly - and especially if they get the 6 point deduction. They've only won 1 game in 2024 (although still better than our efforts 🤣 )
Not quite true...

Both us and Forest have played 8 league games this calendar year. We've got 5 points from ours (draws against West Ham & Bournemouth, win at Luton) while Forest have 4 (draw against Bournemouth, win against West Ham). Obviously when we've lost we've tended to get hammered but overall we're actually 17th in the 2024 PL table.

Amazingly over those 8 games Newcastle have only conceded 5 fewer than us.

Not quite true...

Both us and Forest have played 8 league games this calendar year. We've got 5 points from ours (draws against West Ham & Bournemouth, win at Luton) while Forest have 4 (draw against Bournemouth, win against West Ham). Obviously when we've lost we've tended to get hammered but overall we're actually 17th in the 2024 PL table.

“17th this calendar year, you’ll never sing that”

This rest of this season for me is about preparing for next season. We know we are down, so we need to plan, prepare, get rid and rebuild our squad. It's about giving the players who will be here valuable time and coaching (especially the kids) about what to expect next season. We need to get the recruitment right, so we should use the rest of this season's games to see who will be good enough for a promotion push next season and the gaps we will need to full.

This rest of this season for me is about preparing for next season. We know we are down, so we need to plan, prepare, get rid and rebuild our squad. It's about giving the players who will be here valuable time and coaching (especially the kids) about what to expect next season. We need to get the recruitment right, so we should use the rest of this season's games to see who will be good enough for a promotion push next season and the gaps we will need to full.
Try telling yourself that, Bettis. We're banking on you and the board actually having a clue, unlike last summer!

I see 8 points there:
Beat Burnley, Forest.
Draw: Brentford, Everton.

I was hoping to beat that other terrible season in the covid year (23 points)
Looks like we'll have to beat 1 of the top 7 then.

I do think the home games against Burnley, Fulham, Forest we'll get at least 1 win. Everton and Brentford away might nick a point as we seem better on the road 🤷‍♂️

No im not pissed.

Just goes to show how bad Forest, Burnley and Brentford have been that they're all worse this year than the Worst Premier League Side EVER (TM).
It does make you wonder whether it might have been worth our owner making us a bit more competitive in the Premier League this season doesn’t it?!

Signing Hamer, Souza and Archer should have been done as well as keeping our 2 best players, not just because we sold them.

Not quite true...

Indeed.

Out of the 6 sides named above, WE ARE THE FORM TEAM

We have 4 points from the last 5 games - Forest have 3, Everton 2, Brentford Luton and Burnley 1 apiece.

What about that doesn't say survival guaranteed!

It does make you wonder whether it might have been worth our owner making us a bit more competitive in the Premier League this season doesn’t it?!

Signing Hamer, Souza and Archer should have been done as well as keeping our 2 best players, not just because we sold them.
knowing they wouldn’t sign, so we would lose out on £35-40million, should we have kept them against their will?

Appreciate we would have been stronger, but they could have become mood hoovers in the dressing room or got injured, feigned injury or not given 100% to ensure they can secure a summer move?

Given what we saw with Lundstrop, surprised people still consider we should have kept them

Levy had same with Kane, Chelsea with Mount etc - sold.

knowing they wouldn’t sign, so we would lose out on £35-40million, should we have kept them against their will?

Appreciate we would have been stronger, but they could have become mood hoovers in the dressing room or got injured, feigned injury or not given 100% to ensure they can secure a summer move?

Given what we saw with Lundstrop, surprised people still consider we should have kept them

Levy had same with Kane, Chelsea with Mount etc - sold.
My opinion is that we should have kept them, staying in the PL is worth more than the money we got for them.

I don’t think Berge actually wanted away, we just had a ‘for sale’ sign on him pretty much since he signed. He stated he was happy to play for the club.

Ndiaye was contracted and doesn’t seem the mardy type, I think he could have used the season as a shop window and we never know, if he enjoyed it he might have signed the extension.

Lundstram was a 15 game wonder who got ahead of himself, not all future players will be the same as him.

We also have a dressing room full of ‘mood hoovers’ at the moment due them all being massively out of their depth. I believe that selling these 2 sucked the life from the dressing room just before the season began and we’ve never recovered.

View attachment 180498

United - 4 games. 2 each

Everton and Luton having 4 & 3 games against the other rivals at home could be crucial for them
Doesn’t look like many wins for us coming up.

Normally at this point I'd look at the games against Fulham, Chelsea and Newcastle as possible points. They're mid-table, nowt much to play for teams who just might take their eye off the ball. This hasn't been a normal season by any standards but you never know. It'd be nice to not finish bottom.

Reactions: MKY
Normally at this point I'd look at the games against Fulham, Chelsea and Newcastle as possible points. They're mid-table, nowt much to play for teams who just might take their eye off the ball. This hasn't been a normal season by any standards but you never know. It'd be nice to not finish bottom.
19th would be great. For all the 'worst team in premier league history' rhetoric we could make a few people look a bit silly. Not even the worst team this season! 🙏

View attachment 180498

United - 4 games. 2 each

I genuinely don't think we pick up any points out of our remaining games, brace yourselves for that liverpool game 😂 😂

Back
Top Bottom