CONFIRMED Regan Slater to Hull

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agreed, don’t see many needless departures. The call to put an end to cancellations will inevitably come so we will
Need as many bodies as possible
The fact that he can't make the bench on a day when we have 11 out, suggests he's unlikely to be pressing for a place on the bench even if we don't strengthen, unless he's one of the 11 of course

The fact that he can't make the bench on a day when we have 11 out, suggests he's unlikely to be pressing for a place on the bench even if we don't strengthen, unless he's one of the 11 of course
He’s on the bench.

Let the lad go. He's not going to get a look-in bar some kind of incredibly unlikely scenario. We need to strengthen in other areas. Take a nominal fee and move on.

Might be telling that we've had a number of managers not give him an opportunity. Just hope we don't offload him for nothing.

Realistically he's not going to make it at Utd. He's still behind a number of others in the pecking order and barring a huge injury crisis is unlikely to be given an opportunity. Whether he'll be good enough to play Champ level in future remains to be seen but for the sake of his development, I feel it best he goes elsewhere in order to play more football. Shame as he's obviously a big Blade.

Always on the cards after the summer and with no new deal. Suspect it’ll be similar to the smith deal where it’s a free but with a massive sell on clause and maybe a buy back.

Always on the cards after the summer and with no new deal. Suspect it’ll be similar to the smith deal where it’s a free but with a massive sell on clause and maybe a buy back.
I assume we'll get a very nominal fee and a decent sell-on.

Weird one really. His dive-in tackling style has always worried me but he did well for Hull last season and given we're crying out for some bit in midfield, I'd have thought he'd have had a chance. I know he's out of contract in summer but it's not like we're trying to keep him.

I assume we'll get a very nominal fee and a decent sell-on.

Weird one really. His dive-in tackling style has always worried me but he did well for Hull last season and given we're crying out for some bit in midfield, I'd have thought he'd have had a chance. I know he's out of contract in summer but it's not like we're trying to keep him.
I thought he’d have gotten a cameo here and there as well. I guess it’s a reflection on how we view the current crop of academy midfielders Reed was moved on to make way for Slater who was viewed as a better player which looks like the correct assessment and I suspect slater is being moved on to make way for Maguire, Arblaster or Neal.

With the tackle shy midfield of Berge, Hourihane and Norwood. Flecks ability to mistime tackles like Scholes and run around Osborn, if Slater can’t even make a mark on this midfield then I think it’s time for him to make a move elsewhere.

Hecky drivel.
Translation follows ,
We have to reduce the wages bill by offloading anyone we can.
Any player is free to leave.
Even if I end up with 7 duff strikers + 3 goalies , that will be the starting 10 , with me in goal.
Our leccie bill has gone up tha knows , so we have to cut our cloth.
It dunt grow on trees.

Wonder what fee we are talking. Clearly we didn't want to do a deal similar to Tiler Smith.

If we had signed him this window our fans would be fuming. A midfielder who never played a league game in 5 years and 3 different managers for his parent club and has never played above League One. He might go on to be something good but there's no evidence of it so far.

The annoying thing is despite our poor quality midfield he has not been tried. It's baffling.
He likes a tackle, is not the most mobile but can retain possession, surely to have put him in the middle of the park with instructions to win the ball and give it to Norwood.
A latter day Trevor Hockey ( RIP )

His old man does need to zip it, but I'll ive him the benefit of the doubt, cos he's a blade, his lad plays for the club he supports, and he's seeing and hearing stuff from the other side. It doesn't take a genius to figure out its fragile behind the scenes.

The annoying thing is despite our poor quality midfield he has not been tried. It's baffling.
Three managers and assorted coaching staff have seen him and judged him not good enough. Seems fairly straightforward to me. In these situations people like to say “he can’t be worse than what we have” but he can. He can be a lot worse and the evidence suggests he is.

Back
Top Bottom