Outgoing? Regan Slater

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tyler Smith is another who the club may have to make a decision on - 15 starts in League One last year, 7 goals.

Norwood is not a holding midfield player
He cannot tackle
He cannot run
He watches and points

he needs someone like Slater alongside him to win the ball and protect

but for me I would look to get a player who can do both jobs
He can tackle and regularly features highly for tackles and interceptions in our side (second in 19/20, third in 20/21 and fourth this season despite not playing as much as in the previous two). It's lazy to say he can't tackle and that he 'just watches and points.' He's not had a good season, but then only two players in our team can say they have.

In the Championship he's arguably one of, if not the best in his position in both a defensive and attacking sense. A holding midfielder is not about blood and guts last ditch slide tackles. It's about controlling possession and using the ball well, something Norwood is one of the best at.

He can tackle and regularly features highly for tackles and interceptions in our side (second in 19/20, third in 20/21 and fourth this season despite not playing as much as in the previous two). It's lazy to say he can't tackle and that he 'just watches and points.' He's not had a good season, but then only two players in our team can say they have.

In the Championship he's arguably one of, if not the best in his position in both a defensive and attacking sense. A holding midfielder is not about blood and guts last ditch slide tackles. It's about controlling possession and using the ball well, something Norwood is one of the best at.
It might not be about last ditch slide tackles,where Norwood is concerned,just any kind of tackle,without fouling,would be nice.

According to this report we have activated a year's extension on Slater.

Makes sense. I still don’t expect him to be around next season.

He hasn’t been a key player at either Hull or Scunny. Doubt he gives us anything we don’t have

Makes sense. I still don’t expect him to be around next season.

He hasn’t been a key player at either Hull or Scunny. Doubt he gives us anything we don’t have
I think he started to show something towards the end of last season with Hull, when he was played in a DCM role.
Give him another year with them and a slightly longer deal and lets see, if not he may have whipped up some interest in himself with the clubs around them.

Back
Top Bottom