Referee Watch Season 2023/24

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
John Brooks is the referee for our first Prem game of the season against Crystal Palace.

Only had him once last season and that was in our FA Cup win at Millwall.

He was 4th official at last weekends Community Shield game at Wembley.

1691533521960.jpeg

Watching Brentford/Spurs and Maddison bought the free kick, doing what Palace did yesterday.

If you are 'fouled', you make sure you fall onto the ball and handle it .
Ref won't give handball, so blows for a free kick. Some of the Palace falls were comical, but the daft twat ref bought it every time.

Welcome to the Premier League indeed.

Watching Brentford/Spurs and Maddison bought the free kick, doing what Palace did yesterday.

Ref won't give handball, so blows for a free kick. Some of the Palace falls were comical, but the daft twat ref bought it every time.

Our lads have got to be coached to do the same....sadly it IS cheating but when every other team in the Premier league does it we have to adapt....

I had to laugh at Maddison in the lead up Spurs scoring he was fouled and was rolling about on the floor but the ref let play carry on and Spurs scored.......watch Maddison he did'nt know whether to carry on rolling about or jump and go and celebrate with the players...............what a conning cock.

I had to laugh at Maddison in the lead up Spurs scoring he was fouled and was rolling about on the floor but the ref let play carry on and Spurs scored.......watch Maddison he did'nt know whether to carry on rolling about or jump and go and celebrate with the players...............what a conning cock.

I lost all respect for him in the Leicester game at the Lane. Much like Grealish, he could be a great player, if only he stayed on his feet. He has obviously decided it is more effective to fall over at every opportunity to 'win' a free kick, rather than taking a man on and possibly coming off worse.

It's players like Maddison who make me hate the Premier League.

1692112323233.jpeg

Peter Bankes is the refreer for the Nottingham Forest away game this Friday 18th Aug .

At the start of the season 2022/23 he was jumping between Championship games and Prem games but became settled in the Prem.

The last time he was involved in a game with The Blades was the away game in Blackpool at the end of December which we won 1-2
with goals from Berge and McAtee.

Strangely he did not book any player in that game that dont happen too often does it.

Jarred Gillett for the City game. First outanding of the season for the imported Aussie.

Here's what David Moyes said about Gillett last season after a highly controversial call by him as VAR:
“If you’re saying today that the referee’s mistake was corrected by VAR, I’m saying I do not see that in a million years,” he explained in his post-match press conference. “And I’m actually more embarrassed for the guy who did the VAR than I am even for the referee.“Because that’s telling me it’s someone who doesn’t understand football and probably shouldn’t be near it, if they think that was enough to send the referee to the screen.”
source:

Needs properly investigating regarding his impartiality. Clearly didn't want to upset any of the city "superstars" and was so blatantly biased it's hard not to think there's something funny going on. The fact that, for all their niggly little pushing, shoving, body-checks etc, we only got ONE fucking free kick in the outfield all game is ludicrous. He was an utter, utter disgrace. There's a lot of talk about how "nobody should get the sort of abuse that referees do, just for doing their job." Bollocks. That disgraceful biased cheating twat deserves every single bit of abuse he got, and hopefully will continue to get. Utterly, utterly shameful, and a disgrace to his profession.

Sheffield United FC (First Team) v Everton FC (First Team) Premier League

Referee: Madley, Andrew (Yorkshire)
Assistant Referee: Lennard, Harry
Assistant Referee: Hopton, Nick
Fourth Official: Simpson, Jeremy
Video Assistant Referee: Hooper, Simon
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Howson, Akil

Thank Christ for that. Always had a good record with Andy Madley. Good referee, fair and consistent, let’s the game flow. Not many of these around in the premier league.

So after the delights of Peter Bankes, we have Stuart Attwell on Sunday.

If we play like on Saturday, and Newcastle do their usual Howesque tactics then expect to be just in time for breakfast on Monday.

So on to West Ham and we get Graham Scott. I hope Wes and Robbo learn how to speak to each other.

Back
Top Bottom