reed staying put....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tezza1889

Reaction score
Up to now..

While there's interest in the underground regarding the lad there's no solid money for him from anybody at the mo, he loves clough apparently and is very happy here in s,yorks learning his trade...

I will let you know if owt changes..tho..

There are a group of young lads forming under clough who we should break the bank to keep, nige might not play em, but in a few years they'll be mustard..

Or hendos....

Up to now..

While there's interest in the underground regarding the lad there's no solid money for him from anybody at the mo, he loves clough apparently and is very happy here in s,yorks learning his trade...

There are a group of young lads forming under clough who we should break the bank to keep, nige might not play em, but in a few years they'll be mustard..

Or hendos....

Roll on 2019 ;)

Up to now..

Or hendos....

Sauce? :)

Up to now..

Or hendos....

The other thing with Reed is Chris Morgan had a lot to do with bringing him to the Lane as Reed was/is a Penistone boy. It doesn't take much to see Slew/Maguire as reasons to stay and develop his career at Utd - plus, he IS in the England setup and considering his start v Switzerland a few weeks ago means he may be a regular next season with them.

Lets hope he continues to develop, although his last few appearances haven't been too good.

UTB

Reed isn't 18 years old until July. I reckon he's as good as any player we've ever had age for age.

Whilst many can criticise Clough on some issues with tactics etc and we can debate these until the cows come home. It's clear that Clough has been the best manager in years (certainly in my lifetime) in bringing youngsters through consistently.

Cloughs policy of bringing young lads in from other clubs has also been evident, perhaps in some cases he's gone over board in bringing youth in over experience

It's a biased view but I think Cloughs mantra at United is really helpful for the young lads and their development. Giving them a taste of first team action whilst not exposing them too much and allowing their confidence to drop when they have a bad game. You can see how the break from first team is helping Reed when he comes back.

It's very easy to forget he's 17 and if he plays too much the crowd become less forgiving of errors, whereas if he's dipping in and out fans also see the benefit he brings.

As I said to the guy that sits next to me against saints( I think) - he'll be a cracking player when he's 18!

As I said to the guy that sits next to me against saints( I think) - he'll be a cracking player when he's 18!

Seeing as some of us take a genuine interest in development of the juniors, it would be interesting to know if LR and others (Che Adams) is being carefully tutored in a physical sense due to the issue we hear about called shin splints.

It's apparently quite a problem to young footballers and where we have some fans insisting "if he's good enough, he's old enough" ie: they want the youngster to play more - it may be a case of physical development that is holding them back as against a footballing decision.

IF LR continues on the development - we just need to allocate the no 10 shirt and make sure he grows his hair long like TC !

UTB

Thanks for letting me know what's happening with Louis, its so hard to keep track these days!!......just for the record Chris Morgan whilst being Louis Reeds mentor had no bearing on Louis being at Sheffield United

I was wondering if you might post on this thread :D

So you're suggesting we treat him with kid (you might say Velvet) gloves.

I like what you did there anyway.
Any idea what his boots are made of??

Whilst many can criticise Clough on some issues with tactics etc and we can debate these until the cows come home. It's clear that Clough has been the best manager in years (certainly in my lifetime) in bringing youngsters through consistently.

Cloughs policy of bringing young lads in from other clubs has also been evident, perhaps in some cases he's gone over board in bringing youth in over experience

It's a biased view but I think Cloughs mantra at United is really helpful for the young lads and their development. Giving them a taste of first team action whilst not exposing them too much and allowing their confidence to drop when they have a bad game. You can see how the break from first team is helping Reed when he comes back.

It's very easy to forget he's 17 and if he plays too much the crowd become less forgiving of errors, whereas if he's dipping in and out fans also see the benefit he brings.

Bollocks.
The disaster that was Cackwell brought through Naughton, Walker and Lowton.
Just to focus on QUALITY right backs!

Clough started with Long in goal and Maguire as regulars.
Neither is even at the club now.
No regulars from the academy now!

Your's is definitely a biased and totally incorrect view. (if laughingly common!)
Giving players a debut in injury time at Crawley whilst 2-0 up is NOT bringing through young players.
Chucking in Birchenall for a debut at Hillsborough as part of a regular pattern actually is.
SUCCESSFUL teams with 9 home grown players every week as we had actually is.
GET YOURSELF A TANK
not a f***** misfiring snail cowering into its shell hoping to cling on to 'the point we start with'.

Bollocks.

Your's is definitely a biased and totally incorrect view. (if laughingly common!)
Giving players a debut in injury time at Crawley whilst 2-0 up is NOT bringing through young players.
Chucking in Birchenall for a debut at Hillsborough as part of a regular pattern actually is.
GET YOURSELF A TANK
not a f***** misfiring snail cowering into its shell hoping to cling on to 'the point we start with'.
Disaster that was Blackwell? We wouldn't have been relegated in opinion if he hadn't have been sacked. As for bloodied the three right backs- that us good isn't it? Not down to him that no one else was deemed good enough at that stage . Can YOU name one who was ?
Long is still with the club.
No regulars from the academy- apart from Reid and Kennedy
I can't think of a successful team at any level over the last twenty years with nine homegrown players in it.
Your view isn't biased or incorrect at all and it certainly isn't laughably common.......honest

Bollocks.

GET YOURSELF A TANK
Oooh, looks as if you could do with some anger management classes.

Warnock brought Jagielka, Montgomery, Tonge and Quinn through. In terms of first team appearances made by Blades youngsters, his record will take some beating (as we're comparing)

Bollocks.

GET YOURSELF A TANK
Have you ever thought of anger management?

Ha ha ha...

Nothing posted though was wrong was it....

Warnock brought Jagielka, Montgomery, Tonge and Quinn through. In terms of first team appearances made by Blades youngsters, his record will take some beating (as we're comparing)

I think Warnock was here a little longer than 18 months though.....

he loves clough

Another player who loves playing for the manager. Odd because I'm told all he does is shout at people and bollock them. Crazy mixed up world we live in.

Just shows you can be blessed with a good academy and good luck which can make all the difference. If we are talking purely transfer values Kyle X 2 and Lowton puts Warnocks record in the shade really.

Just out of interest, apart from Will Hughes, which other youngsters did he bring through the ranks at Derby who is any good?

Back
Top Bottom