Recruitment Department Update

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He'd failed to get jobs at Reading and Portsmouth prior to United hiring him. Fairly or not, he's seen as difficult to work with and his record over his last 2 real jobs is mixed at best, leaving both clubs towards the bottom of the table and falling out with fans/owners.
I cannot comment that Wilder wanted Reading or Portsmouth. I saw a huge fan fair about Wilder to Reading on twitter but wouldn’t imagine he would drop down to league one. Now he’s back in the premiership so would say another master stroke really.

Didn’t he take over at Watford and leave them in the same position? Also I haven’t seen him fall out with the owners at Watford or the fans.

I remember some saying they wanted him to stay? So that’s news to me.

But you have insider information that I’m not privy too so it’s a strange one that he fell out with the owners at Watford.

I cannot comment that Wilder wanted Reading or Portsmouth. I saw a huge fan fair about Wilder to Reading on twitter but wouldn’t imagine he would drop down to league one. Now he’s back in the premiership so would say another master stroke really.

Didn’t he take over at Watford and leave them in the same position? Also I haven’t seen him fall out with the owners at Watford or the fans.

I remember some saying they wanted him to stay? So that’s news to me.

But you have insider information that I’m not privy too so it’s a strange one that he fell out with the owners at Watford.
He applied for both, interviewed for both, was unsuccessful

No issue with Watford, daft club and wasn't a real job. I meant how he left things at United and Boro.

He applied for both, interviewed for both, was unsuccessful

No issue with Watford, daft club and wasn't a real job. I meant how he left things at United and Boro.
Like I say your insider knowledge of both Reading and Portsmouth is exemplary. Most people try and get in at one club but to have insider info at both clubs is impressive. Hats off to you.

Like I say your insider knowledge of both Reading and Portsmouth is exemplary. Most people try and get in at one club but to have insider info at both clubs is impressive. Hats off to you.
Sigh. Both were public knowledge. As in reported on widely at the time.

It's shit like this that makes people think you're not worth bothering with

Sigh. Both were public knowledge. As in reported on widely at the time.

It's shit like this that makes people think you're not worth bothering with
I have only been nice… I did not argue your point. I didn’t say you’re talking rubbish with insider information. I applauded your knowledge on Reading and Portsmouth. If you were looking for an argument with me you are mistaken.

I googled Chris Wilder unsuccessful for Portsmouth job. The first topic that came up was opposite to yours. However I am not here for an argument I will admit you are correct and that the below post is incorrect. “Portsmouth did approach Chris Wilder about their managerial vacancy earlier this month but he wasn't keen on the job.”

A great deal on here talking of Chris Wilder being optimistic about the summer transfer window.

If we go back to end of December 2023 (after the City away match I think) we saw a similar Wilder. All buoyed up and excited about the forthcoming January window.

We were going to sign players who would make a difference and go straight into the team. No bench warmers this time around.

We ended up with Grbic, Ben, Holgate and a kid from Ireland.

Didn't really make much difference and by mid February Wilder was back with the glum face.

It is fine. I always try and base my arguments fairly. This time round I admitted I was indeed incorrect and that Carlton was right.

Some how this has put me in a negative light. I should maybe go on the front next time.

It’s a hard place to fit in on here 😂

Ipswich shown there is nothing between League 1 players and the Championship. We released Ben Whiteman and Joe Ironside to name a couple of obvious ones. Arblaster been brilliant. Put 4/5 experience players in but please play the young and hungry ones.

It is fine. I always try and base my arguments fairly. This time round I admitted I was indeed incorrect and that Carlton was right.

Some how this has put me in a negative light. I should maybe go on the front next time.

It’s a hard place to fit in on here 😂

Go back to the pig board?

Go back to the pig board?
But this criticism of myself is for backing Wilder? You can see why this is slightly confusing? I stick up for our manager and get told to go to Pig Board?

I admitted Carlton was correct? Isit that bad to agree with him?

But this criticism of myself is for backing Wilder? You can see why this is slightly confusing? I stick up for our manager and get told to go to Pig Board?

Apologies, I don't use narcotics so have no clue what you're on about here.

You okay Hun?

I was fine but now worrying about you……
Don’t worry about me. Just discussing football that’s all.

Best we don’t take up the topic with general chit chat. Best to leave it about football.

Back
Top Bottom