Reasons for optimism

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GymClassHero

Reaction score
Been having a snoop round potential relegation rivals' forums. After our Man City performance, I was already feeling optimistic but after reading the woes of mainly Burnley and Everton, I really think we have a chance of stopping up.

In a nutshell:

Burnley - VK has completely gutted the team, gone mainly for youth with not a lot of experience to steady the ship. Sander Berge putting in extremely mediocre performances, and a general consensus that they lack identity.

Everton - maybe picked up a bit after signing Beto, but make no mistake, if DCL doesn't get fit and this guy tanks, they're in real trouble.

Leaving one more space, Wolves are likely to lose Nunes and will have little to no time to replace him. Bournemouth and Forest both look poor.

Aside from the obviously crap timing during this transfer window, we have emerged stronger and better equipped for the future.

Everton have just bought a striker for £30M and I thought they were skint.

We need to get a result against Everton, cos we've then got 6 games where we'll be expected to lose. 3 points against Everton and I think we might pick up some unexpected points, if we lose we risk losing confidence and could end up having to wait a long time for our first point

Been having a snoop round potential relegation rivals' forums. After our Man City performance, I was already feeling optimistic but after reading the woes of mainly Burnley and Everton, I really think we have a chance of stopping up.

In a nutshell:

Burnley - VK has completely gutted the team, gone mainly for youth with not a lot of experience to steady the ship. Sander Berge putting in extremely mediocre performances, and a general consensus that they lack identity.

Everton - maybe picked up a bit after signing Beto, but make no mistake, if DCL doesn't get fit and this guy tanks, they're in real trouble.

Leaving one more space, Wolves are likely to lose Nunes and will have little to no time to replace him. Bournemouth and Forest both look poor.

Aside from the obviously crap timing during this transfer window, we have emerged stronger and better equipped for the future.
Everton and Wolves are in a worse place than us in terms of team spirit and fan togetherness. I suspect both are awful atmospheres on the terraces and both clubs could well be changing their manager I would suspect as the season goes along. I rate Dyche but Everton with the squad is not his type of team and he's just not the type of manager that Everton like. They didn't like Big Sam, they're not keen on Dyche, I'm not so sure who would want that job if they find themselves in trouble and I genuinely think we can finish above both teams, dependant n=on who we bring in this week.

Everton and Wolves are in a worse place than us in terms of team spirit and fan togetherness. I suspect both are awful atmospheres on the terraces and both clubs could well be changing their manager I would suspect as the season goes along. I rate Dyche but Everton with the squad is not his type of team and he's just not the type of manager that Everton like. They didn't like Big Sam, they're not keen on Dyche, I'm not so sure who would want that job if they find themselves in trouble and I genuinely think we can finish above both teams, dependant n=on who we bring in this week.
Everton were the better team against both Fulham and Wolves and thus far have created 40 goal attempts in 3 games
Everton better team in both games than Fulham and Wolves and created Over 40 attempts in their first three games
sooner or later they will score and will click aka Brighton away last season

Everton were the better team against both Fulham and Wolves and thus far have created 40 goal attempts in 3 games

Everton better team in both games than Fulham and Wolves and created Over 40 attempts in their first three games
sooner or later they will score and will click aka Brighton away last season
Maybe so but I still think they'll be down there in the battle, their fans are not happy, they've not spent that much and last season's team only just stayed up. We'll see, but I think they're in trouble.

In a nutshell:

Luton?

Maybe so but I still think they'll be down there in the battle, their fans are not happy, they've not spent that much and last season's team only just stayed up. We'll see, but I think they're in trouble.
I agree. They’ve been flirting with it for a while & they just seem in permanent disarray. I think this could be the season they drop.

Burnley started (relatively) slowly last year and came strong later. (A certain 5-2 defeat was the last poor performance!) I reckon it will be the same this year. And the PL form table over the past 25 matches shows Man City first and Villa second, so we have easier opposition to come. Touch wood.

Everton's problem, or more specifically Sean Dyche's problem, is that his squad doesn't fit his style. At Burnley, for all 9 years, he played with 2 goalscorers up front. Vokes, Gray, Barnes, Rodriguez, Wood. Any combination of those. The defence and midfield's primary job was to stop goals and secondary job was to get it to the forwards to score, and it was when the front two stopped scoring that we went down.

Everton can't play like that because they don't have even one goalscorer, let alone two.

Back
Top Bottom