R.I.P. Grafikhaus

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Oh crap.

That's sad. Never met the guy but what a great poster grafikhaus was. Loved his "memries" threads, up there with Roygbiv and his "view from".

Only a few weeks ago he mentioned he was in hospital. Grappler - it wasn't CV19 related was it?

Thats awful thanks Grappler for that.
All I could say is I dont think I met him but felt I knew him through great convos with him on here ,he will be missed. RIP grafikhaus

Definitely. You kind of get to know people even though you've never met them don't you.

Last edited:
Sad news and sounds like someone with little quirks that has given you happy memories.

To echo some, it’s almost like you know some on here even if youve never met them and that’s testament to the site and to the posters.

Awful to go at any time, but on his birthday as well, bloody hell

RIP Blade

Awful to go at any time, but on his birthday as well, bloody hell

I know what you're saying, but better to go on your own birthday rather than Christmas Day or someone else's birthday/wedding day etc. Hard to celebrate the day each year if you are mourning aswell.

At least his birthday is and will always be his day. If you get what i mean.

Oh crap.

That's sad. Never met the guy but what a great poster grafikhaus was. Loved his "memries" threads, up there with Roygbiv and his "view from".

Only a few weeks ago he mentioned he was in hospital. Grappler - it wasn't CV19 related was it?

Definitely. You kind of get to know people even though you've never met them don't you.

No mate, at least not as far as I know, he had been ill for a while.

Terrible news. He was a really good contributor, but obviously much more than that to those who knew him.:(

Shocking news, RIP always enjoyed reading his posts without having met him

What a complete shock. I always enjoy his knowledgable posts on here and got his sense of humour. I had the good fortune to meet him, just the once, after he posted a photo of a London Transport light box on here with “mind the gap” across the LT bullseye. He’d somehow managed to get two of them so we arranged a meet up before a match and I bought his spare one. A thoroughly nice bloke from the five minute chat we had and will be missed by many on here.
Thanks for letting us know Grappler, at least I will have a memory of him at home for years to come.

RIP Blade. So sorry to hear that. Lovely post Grappler too - a fine tribute to the man. I'd only known him from his posts on here, so lovely to hear more about him and it's much appreciated you letting us all know in that way.

RIP Blade

I was only thinking about him a couple of days ago, hoping he was alright. I knew he had gone into hospital, as he'd mentioned it on his graph thread.

What awful news. He will be missed, thoughts with his family and friends.

Just been reading my old PM's and I remembered one was with Grafikhaus back in March of this year (before my sabbatical), I asked him how he got his name and he told me. We discussed certain things about each other (won't reveal) and it was an absolute please to talk to the man, came across as very intelligent and at one point I said to him "I tip my hat to you sir" beautiful eulogy Grappler RIP Mr nice man, Grafikhaus.

This is terribly sad news, rest in peace, Blade.

Great poster - only knew him as that, and not outside of S2 - but his posts were always worth a read and Grappler as has been said, that's a cracking eulogy.

It is my sad duty to let you all know that Trevor "Grafikhaus" Wilson passed away last night/early this morning, 2am, on what would have been his 65th birthday.

I have known Trevor (in the real world) for 15 years or more, through football and our local pub. A lifelong Blade, Trevor came from an era when kids played outside all day, so when he decided to start going to United's away matches, aged about 12, his parents never batted an eye lid. His stories about his skirmishes with opposition fans and Police, and his travels to various grounds around the country, while still a schoolboy were always great fun. His Angelic looks meant he probably got away with murder.

He was a real character and never failed to make me laugh whenever we met. He had a very acerbic wit, and whenever he joined the conversation in the pub, he was soon moaning about something, such as someone talking about the roads needing repairing..."Sheffield Council!, don't talk to me about Sheffield Council, absolute load of worthless tossers....." and he would go on to tell some funny council-related story, or someone saying it was the school open evening tomorrow, "Teachers!, don't get me started on Teachers!......" and he would tell some funny story about his junior or senior school days, but the best, of course, was anything to do with Wednesday..."Wednesday?, Sheffield Wednesday!, what an utterly corrupt set of bastards, always looking for a hand out...." and he would go off on one of his tirades that had me in stitches.

When I first met Trevor, he had a Web design business (hence Grakikhaus). He lived a fairly simple life; he lived an an apartment overlooking Lodge Moor golf course, he used to walk to the shops for his morning paper (3 mile round trip), he went to watch Sheffield United (on the bus, so he could have a few drinks), he had a couple of drinks on a Sunday lunch time with his friends, Lynne and Simon and Graham and Nigel. When our local was open, he would always come in and meet us, after the game, Saturday tea time or Tuesday night to discuss the match. He sat next to the referee's assessor, and would often discuss the ref's performance with that person and let us know what was said.

He was a character, and we will miss him.

R.I.P Trevor "Grafikhaus" Wilson

Very sorry to hear this. I didn't know the bloke at all but I always enjoyed what he posted on here. What a tragedy - only 65 as well. Poor bloke. My condolences to all he leaves behind.

Back
Top Bottom