2022/2023 Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v. Sheffield United - 2nd January 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

QPR
QPR
QPR

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
qpr.gif
vs.
sufc.gif

Championship Week 27 - Monday 2nd January 2023 - 20:00 - Loftus Road

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/queens-park-rangers-vs-sheffield-united.630/

Officials:

Referee: Josh Smith
Assistant Referee: Nigel Lugg
Assistant Referee: Graham Kane
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2023-01-01 at 23.36.10.png

So QPR have only won 1 of their 9 of their last competitive fixtures and only scored 2 goals during that time.

On top of that Ilias Chair is a big question mark after falling ill in the previous game and being forced to be substituted at half time.

After their previous manager left to go to Rangers they brought in an underwhelming manager in Neil Critchley who has done little to improve their fortunes.

Should be a game which we can have confidence taking it to them without being overly concerned about what they offer on the counter.

0-2 win to the Blades

So QPR have only won 1 of their 9 of their last competitive fixtures and only scored 2 goals during that time.

On top of that Ilias Chair is a big question mark after falling ill in the previous game and being forced to be substituted at half time.

After their previous manager left to go to Rangers they brought in an underwhelming manager in Neil Critchley who has done little to improve their fortunes.

Should be a game which we can have confidence taking it to them without being overly concerned about what they offer on the counter.

0-2 win to the Blades
So they are due to win one, thanks.

We will lose games again this season, but I don't see it happening tonight as I think we will have too much for these. A draw would be absolutely fine though and whatever happens we will still be 8 points clear of 3rd.

We will lose games again this season, but I don't see it happening tonight as I think we will have too much for these. A draw would be absolutely fine though and whatever happens we will still be 8 points clear of 3rd.
For some games I'd agree but considering their form, their situation and our form and quality this to me is a must win. Not only should a team like us be putting QPR aside we should also be ignoring anyone below us and keeping pressure on Burnley. If we're playing one of the top 4 below us I'd accept a draw but not here.

Did I hear Hecky say McB had potential for tonight or am I remembering that wrong? Relatively unchanged from previous, Egan back, Anel, Mcatee, Clarke, Berge, Ndiaye start, personally I'd like to see more of Bogle tonight too. Perhaps this game might suit Sharp a bit more and if we can get a commanding lead give some game time to Lowe or Jebbo too.

Hmm- Tricky game I think - we are winning away by the odd goal usually ( which is good ) but always leaves us open to that miraculous break-away by the hosts to level the scores. Really looking for a 2-0 win to us tonite.

For some games I'd agree but considering their form, their situation and our form and quality this to me is a must win. Not only should a team like us be putting QPR aside we should also be ignoring anyone below us and keeping pressure on Burnley. If we're playing one of the top 4 below us I'd accept a draw but not here.

Did I hear Hecky say McB had potential for tonight or am I remembering that wrong? Relatively unchanged from previous, Egan back, Anel, Mcatee, Clarke, Berge, Ndiaye start, personally I'd like to see more of Bogle tonight too. Perhaps this game might suit Sharp a bit more and if we can get a commanding lead give some game time to Lowe or Jebbo too.
I'm never sure these days when Hecky says this or that player is back, he said two matches ago that Mcburnie could be involved but has been nowhere near,fingers crossed for tonight we could do with him back.

0-2 win to the Blades
It should be a walk in the park and therefore I reckon we'll lose. These are the games we often mess up.

I suspect that McAtee would be a far more useful player if we did go up than Doyle. Doyle isn't yet good enough. Well worth buying for a reasonable fee but not loaning.

We'll be counter attacking next season and I reckon McAtee will be good in that kind of system.

My Team for tonight:-

Foderingham
Bogle Clark Egan Anel Lowe
Berge Norwood Mcatee
Ndiaye McBurnie

All have hit the scoresheet this season, and in my opinion is our most attacking lineup.
Stat attack! Last 5 away, all won. Average 40% Posession, 9Shots 4.4 on target. Winning margin 1.2.

Prediction 0-2 Scorers Mcatee Bogle

My Team for tonight:-

Foderingham
Bogle Clark Egan Anel Lowe
Berge Norwood Mcatee
Ndiaye McBurnie

All have hit the scoresheet this season, and in my opinion is our most attacking lineup.
Stat attack! Last 5 away, all won. Average 40% Posession, 9Shots 4.4 on target. Winning margin 1.2.

Prediction 0-2 Scorers Mcatee Bogle
Absolutely no problem with the line up, possibly a bit unfair on Baldock but that's how it is, I haven't heard that Mcburnie is fit, if he is
brilliant but I was hoping he'd be on the bench at best.
Good attacking team with plenty of pace and skill, you've won me over,0-5.💥💥💥

Must win game now
Burnley have put the pressure on
Middlesboro and Watford are building up a head of steam

its a game we should win but 4 home defeats for them and 5 away wins for us doesnt bode very well for me a draw would not be a disaster imo

Must win game now
How are Watford building up a head of steam? They've only won three in their last 8.

Boro are bang on form....the fact that they're not pushing us and Burnley is all down to our former manager.

Must win game now
A win would be great but it can't be described as a 'must win' game. Automatic promotion won't be out of reach if we lose it.

For me, 'must win' games should mean just that - we need to win to stay in contention for the play-offs or autos.

Lowe has a "side strain", the same day Boyes is recalled..

Back
Top Bottom